Lock ability to move text and trendlines with PowerLanguage

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ABC

Lock ability to move text and trendlines with PowerLanguage

Postby ABC » 15 Mar 2012

When working with studies that create text and trendlines I usually find myself moving one by mistake when browsing through a chart. Bringing them back in their original space can be annoying, which usually means switching the study off and pack on.

So I figured it might be a good idea to have the ability to make text and trendlines, created by studies, stick to the chart, so that you can't move them by hand.
The same could be done for deleting them as well. Of course the objects would be deleted if the study is removed from the chart, but you couldn't delete the particular objects from the chart.
The question would be if this should be done in the header of the study, where you have to write in a command and this is true for all text and trendlines within this study or if it would be better to set this for every text and trendline created.
The latter would be the better choice in my opinion, but I'd be interested to hear what others think before we create a feature request. Maybe there are other good additions to text and trendlines that I have missed (like being able to pin them to a barnumber).

Regards,
ABC
Last edited by ABC on 16 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.

ABC

Re: Is an option to make text and trendlines not moveable us

Postby ABC » 16 Mar 2012

I just saw that beta 2 will have this a feature for manually added drawing objects: http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... e_no=MC-63, so hopefully this can be done via PowerLanguage soon, too.

Regards,

ABC

swisstrader

Re: Lock ability to move text and trendlines with PowerLangu

Postby swisstrader » 18 Mar 2012

It is very annoyed if you draw manually trendlines and text in a chart with indicators which are drawing trendlines and text too. To delete the manually drawn TLs and TXTs you need to delete step by step manually and you can't use the menue 'Remove Drawings' at once because then you delete all TLs and TXTs at a time.
TXT and TL drawn by indicators or strategies should be frozen for a more comfortable using the manually drawing tools. Sometimes is moving the user the the drawn TL of the indicator instead of moving the manually drawn TL. That means: indicator status OFF and ON to have the prior situation and next try to move. This is very annoying.

TS developers, please add it that drawn TLs and TXTs by indicators and strategies are frozen like it is realized in TS.

-swisstrader

TJ

Re: Lock ability to move text and trendlines with PowerLangu

Postby TJ » 18 Mar 2012

It is very annoyed if you draw manually trendlines and text in a chart with indicators which are drawing trendlines and text too. To delete the manually drawn TLs and TXTs you need to delete step by step manually and you can't use the menue 'Remove Drawings' at once because then you delete all TLs and TXTs at a time.
TXT and TL drawn by indicators or strategies should be frozen for a more comfortable using the manually drawing tools. Sometimes is moving the user the the drawn TL of the indicator instead of moving the manually drawn TL. That means: indicator status OFF and ON to have the prior situation and next try to move. This is very annoying.

TS developers, please add it that drawn TLs and TXTs by indicators and strategies are frozen like it is realized in TS.

-swisstrader
If you want to remove ALL manually drawn objects (trendlines, texts, etc) all at once,
but do not want to lose your indicator drawn objects,
here's a trick:

1. Right click on chart > Remove all Drawings

2. Click on the Playback Jump button, click on one bar back, then immediately click on the triangle icon for "Go to Realtime". The whole process will take a second. It will redraw all your indicator driven trendlines and texts on the chart.

HTH

Return to “MultiCharts”