Opening Custom Future Charts - Message Confusion  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bensat

Opening Custom Future Charts - Message Confusion

Postby bensat » 07 Oct 2014

MultiCharts64 Version 9.0 Release (Build 10014)

Adding tons of already expired future contracts to the QuoteManager to be able to add "Custom Future-Charts" in the near future and loading all the history data into it, sometimes I'm experiencing a confusing message window is coming up all the time.

So when I added a "Custom-Future" (like the Euro BUND Future) to a chart, starting from today with a data range of 100 days back all previous data are loaded well. The weird thing is that I get the message to " ... to construct Custom Future please add the following ..... " (please find below)

But I'm just asking for a 100 day data range and not for the contacts in 2002 and 2001, which btw CQG is not providing with a symbol or data. I have to tell you that I set the "Custom Future" in MC to calc the expired contracts based on the nearest contract. Please find the settings below :

What I'm doing wrong ? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Ben

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Opening Custom Future Charts - Message Confusion  [SOLVED]

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 07 Oct 2014

Hello bensat,

The instruction of how to use custom futures in MC explains that these alerts appear because custom futures requests data prior and following the symbols already in the database based on the selected rollover conditions and data request. It is normal beahvior, though there is a registry key to disable these alerts: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TS Support\MultiCharts64\SHOW_CF_WARNING
1 = enabled, 0 = disabled.

bensat

Re: Opening Custom Future Charts - Message Confusion

Postby bensat » 07 Oct 2014

Thank you. Changed the registry setting and works now.

Ben

Nick

Postby Nick » 08 Oct 2014

I wonder how far prior is requested and why it is required? Is it necessary to back adjust data that the chart does not use? I load a single day of Dax data and am getting warnings for 9 month old contracts, no big deal but puzzled why.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 08 Oct 2014

I wonder how far prior is requested and why it is required? Is it necessary to back adjust data that the chart does not use? I load a single day of Dax data and am getting warnings for 9 month old contracts, no big deal but puzzled why.
Hello Nick,

Could you send me the 2 screenshots?
  • MultiCharts: Right-click on the chart -> Format Instruments -> Settings tab
  • QuoteManager: Right-click on the custom futures -> Edit instrument...

Return to “MultiCharts”