Options under Interactive Brokers Data feed configuration

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
aljafp

Options under Interactive Brokers Data feed configuration

Postby aljafp » 18 Jun 2008

For Interactive Brokers Data Feed configuration,
under Download historical data there are 2 options,
Regular Trading Hours and Simultaneous loading of Historical Data across all symbols/Charts

What does these options do ?

thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 19 Jun 2008

Hi aljafp,

With the 'regular trading hours' option checked, only the data from the standard sessions will be loaded. When this option is unchecked, the data is loaded for the whole 24-hr period.

'Simultaneous loading of Historical Data across all symbols/Charts' allows receiving quotes for sevaral symbols simultaneously. When this option is unchecked, one of the symbols will be given the priority until all the data for this symbol has been received.

Regards.

aljafp

Postby aljafp » 20 Jun 2008

Hi aljafp,

With the 'regular trading hours' option checked, only the data from the standard sessions will be loaded. When this option is unchecked, the data is loaded for the whole 24-hr period.

'Simultaneous loading of Historical Data across all symbols/Charts' allows receiving quotes for sevaral symbols simultaneously. When this option is unchecked, one of the symbols will be given the priority until all the data for this symbol has been received.

Regards.
thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 23 Jun 2008

NP. Let me know if you need any assistance again.

Regards.

Pedro Hurtado

Postby Pedro Hurtado » 23 Jun 2008

Hi aljafp,

Regards.
greetings,
i'm trying to get just the regular trade hours on my charts and have "regular trading hours" checked but my charts still show 24hr data. is there anything else i need to check/uncheck? thanks

TJ

Postby TJ » 23 Jun 2008

greetings,
i'm trying to get just the regular trade hours on my charts and have "regular trading hours" checked but my charts still show 24hr data. is there anything else i need to check/uncheck? thanks
Open QuoteManager

Right Click on symbol... select Edit Symbol > Sessions

Choose Session Template.

Pedro Hurtado

Postby Pedro Hurtado » 23 Jun 2008

that did the trick...thanks for your help TJ! great forum :D

siscop

Re:

Postby siscop » 07 Mar 2012

'Simultaneous loading of Historical Data across all symbols/Charts' allows receiving quotes for sevaral symbols simultaneously. When this option is unchecked, one of the symbols will be given the priority until all the data for this symbol has been received..
Is this still valid? I have tried this and saved a workspace with several charts after MC restart and QM requested the data from the different charts almost at the same time.
I thought after unchecking that feature it should wait for one chart to be finished to load…?
I wanted to avoid the pacing violationfrom
Do not make more than 60 historical data requests in any ten-minute period.
http://www.interactivebrokers.com/php/a ... ations.htm

Return to “MultiCharts”