+1 888 340 6572 

Options under Interactive Brokers Data feed configuration   [ ]
#1 posted 18 Jun 2008 

Thanks Received: 1 time
Thanks Given: 0 time
For Interactive Brokers Data Feed configuration,
under Download historical data there are 2 options,
Regular Trading Hours and Simultaneous loading of Historical Data across all symbols/Charts

What does these options do ?

thanks

#2 posted 19 Jun 2008 

Thanks Received: 0 time
Hi aljafp,

With the 'regular trading hours' option checked, only the data from the standard sessions will be loaded. When this option is unchecked, the data is loaded for the whole 24-hr period.

'Simultaneous loading of Historical Data across all symbols/Charts' allows receiving quotes for sevaral symbols simultaneously. When this option is unchecked, one of the symbols will be given the priority until all the data for this symbol has been received.

Regards.

#3 posted 20 Jun 2008 

Thanks Received: 1 time
Quote:
Hi aljafp,

With the 'regular trading hours' option checked, only the data from the standard sessions will be loaded. When this option is unchecked, the data is loaded for the whole 24-hr period.

'Simultaneous loading of Historical Data across all symbols/Charts' allows receiving quotes for sevaral symbols simultaneously. When this option is unchecked, one of the symbols will be given the priority until all the data for this symbol has been received.

Regards.

thanks

#4 posted 23 Jun 2008 

NP. Let me know if you need any assistance again.

Regards.

#5 posted 23 Jun 2008 

Quote:
Hi aljafp,

Regards.

greetings,
i'm trying to get just the regular trade hours on my charts and have "regular trading hours" checked but my charts still show 24hr data. is there anything else i need to check/uncheck? thanks

#6 posted 23 Jun 2008 

Thanks Received: 1261 times
Thanks Given: 794 times
Quote:
greetings,
i'm trying to get just the regular trade hours on my charts and have "regular trading hours" checked but my charts still show 24hr data. is there anything else i need to check/uncheck? thanks

Open QuoteManager

Right Click on symbol... select Edit Symbol > Sessions

Choose Session Template.

#7 posted 23 Jun 2008 

that did the trick...thanks for your help TJ! great forum :D

#8 posted 07 Mar 2012 

Thanks Received: 18 times
Thanks Given: 29 times
Marina Pashkova wrote:
'Simultaneous loading of Historical Data across all symbols/Charts' allows receiving quotes for sevaral symbols simultaneously. When this option is unchecked, one of the symbols will be given the priority until all the data for this symbol has been received..

Is this still valid? I have tried this and saved a workspace with several charts after MC restart and QM requested the data from the different charts almost at the same time.
I thought after unchecking that feature it should wait for one chart to be finished to load…?
I wanted to avoid the pacing violationfrom
Quote:
Do not make more than 60 historical data requests in any ten-minute period.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/php/a ... ations.htm

For this message the author siscop has received thanks:
Henrik