Questions on SE...

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
nickm001

Questions on SE...

Postby nickm001 » 23 Aug 2014

I currently use MC.netSE and wonder what are the options, since SE version is discontinued

1. First question is how long can I use .SE version?
2. Will I be able to re-install .SE software if it ever gets corrupted ( I have setup file).
3. I have tested MC for TWS and is missing some of the chart types that I use ( volume profile, for example). I think I tested the latest version for TWS (MultiCharts .NET64 for TWS Version 8.8 Release (Build 9245) ) and the features are still missing. Will these be added in TWS version and when?
4. Will IB version ever support alternate/additional data feed? IB data feed is not "perfect" and some of the volume analysis may never work properly.

Note: I am IB customer and I still dont' think that TWS/MC is proper replacement for MC.net.SE. For traders that are not IB customers, discontinuing .SE is even grater disappointment, I am sure.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Questions on SE...

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Aug 2014

Hello nickm001,

Let me answer your questions in order:
1. There is no limitation.
2. Yes, you co do that.
3. There is no ETA for adding these features at the moment.
4. That is less likely to happen.

nickm001

Postby nickm001 » 29 Aug 2014

Thanks Henry... At this point SE version is better suited for my style of trading then IB version.

One point I would like to make is that giving IB users ability to alternate data feed would go a long way. This is nothing negative on IB, but anyone who is serious about trading has to have backup datafeed/broker. They all fail at some point.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Aug 2014

MultiCharts for TWS is a version dedicated to IB and there will be no support for alternative data vendors. If you want to use multiple data vendors/brokers - please use the full version of MultiCharts.

nickm001

Postby nickm001 » 20 Oct 2014

I am getting intermittent messages when I start .net SE. First, several days ago, message posted that my registration expiered and I need to register.... I click on the registration under "help" and nothing happened... but MC started after that...

Today, the message stated that .SE is discontinued... and it will shut down... but then it continued to initialize and came up fine.

It was my impression that .SE development has been discontinued BUT the current owner can use the copy they have with no time limit, just as it was explained above.

What is going on?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Oct 2014

MultiCharts .NET Starter Edition has been discontinued a while ago and has been replaced with the completely FREE MultiCharts .NET for TWS ( https://www.multicharts.com/tws-net/ ). It offers even more of the popular features that our users love, and offers a seamless working environment with Interactive Brokers. MCSE is no longer be updated or supported, since we switched our resources to the new and exciting MultiCharts .NET for TWS product.

Unfortunately, we cannot support servers for both platforms so shortly we will turn off MCSE servers and it will stop working. The users will see a notification message in the program before we turn the servers off. You may want to subscribe to the 30 day free trial of the full version: https://www.multicharts.com/net/free-trading-software/

nickm001

Postby nickm001 » 20 Oct 2014

On August 23rd I asked :
1. First question is how long can I use .SE version?
and you said...
"Hello nickm001,

Let me answer your questions in order:
1. There is no limitation....

I am not bringing this up to blame you, but to point out how unpredictable future of MC product path is. I first came across MC when it was offered as platform that would run EL and TS users can easily move to. That was true then, but now it is not true any more, since compatibility with new OOEL is gone. It is hard to predict future.
Second time MC came across my path was with Mirus Broker, This is how I ended up discovering .net SE. Well we all know what happened there... It is hard to predict the future...

I think MCSE still presents the value even with limitations imposed on it ( no support). Let me disclose that I have accounts with Interactive Brokers and with TS. What I like about MCSE is the ability to accept data feed from alternate source ( TS) and still gives ability to send trades to IB. I like IB as a broker, but as a data provider they are very weak. It is ok for plane vanilla charting, but when it comes to volume analysis and Volume Profile, they are useless.

I noticed that my post on MCSE attracted 190 reads, almost as many as MC 9.0 release. It tells me that MCSE has value and I am not alone asking you to reconsider "shutting the server down". I have invested some time to configure and learn MCSE. You and few other support engineers helped a lot in early days to overcome connectivity issues, etc. and I appreciate that a lot. We all have invested time in MCSE.

Is it possible to come up with alternative solution? Please explore if there is an alternative.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Oct 2014

Hello nickm001,

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately we have to shut down the MC SE servers in order to support the new MultiCharts for TWS product. If you want to switch to full version of MultiCharts - please contact us directly and we will provide a special price for the lifetime license.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”