Chart trading problem

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
MegaZonk

Chart trading problem

Postby MegaZonk » 06 Mar 2012

Hi there! Im from Sweden so sorry for typos and gramma.My problem is when i hold a position over night, MC dont see the open position in the morning.So is there a way to manually force MC to see that i have an open position? I give an example to show what i mean:

Yesterday i went long in a stock and in "order and position tracker" it did show as open position but this morning it was not there. I still did put a sell-limit order that got hit and sold my position at the broker. Prob now is that in "order and position tracker" MC think im short in the same stock.And i think if i close that order MC will buy to cover.

I guess the reason is that my broker dont give MC accsess to it`s back-office, so thats why i want to know if i can do it manually.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Chart trading problem

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Mar 2012

Hello MegaZonk,

Do you turn off the auto trading for the night?
When you turn off the auto trading - the strategy position becomes zero.
You need to specify the position manually for each strategy. Please do the following:
Format-> Strategy properties-> Auto trading-> Assign the initial market position at the broker setting->Show the assign the initial market position at the broker dialogue-> Show always-> Ok.
When you start the auto trading - a dialogue window will appear where you can set the position for the strategy. This is how you can synchronize it (continue the trading from the position where you have left it).

You can also synchronize your strategy and broker position automatically with the help of synchronizer scripts:
!From Broker To Strategy MP Synchronizer! - Synchronizes the market position inside MultiCharts with the market position at broker by sending a dummy order in charting.
!From Strategy To Broker MP Synchronizer!- Synchronizes the market position at broker with the market position at chart by sending a real order to the broker.

Position on the broker cannot be divided between multiple strategies automatically (by means of the "syncronizer" scripts). If you are trading with multiple strategies on one instrument - you need to assign the position manually for each strategy.

Some brokers do not allow to hold the position overnight. Please let me know who is your broker.

MegaZonk

Postby MegaZonk » 06 Mar 2012

The problem is that i dont auto-trade, i do manual chart-trading. But is it possible to to set it on auto-trade with no signal running, and then manually enter yesterdays position? I will have a look at that.
I trade and get data via TradeNode in Sweden, but they send the orders via a plugin to the broker NetFonds in Norway

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Mar 2012

The problem is that i dont auto-trade, i do manual chart-trading. But is it possible to to set it on auto-trade with no signal running, and then manually enter yesterdays position? I will have a look at that.
I trade and get data via TradeNode in Sweden, but they send the orders via a plugin to the broker NetFonds in Norway
You do not need to use "assign market position" or synchronizer scripts for manual trading.
Please contact TradeNode support regarding this issue directly.

MegaZonk

Postby MegaZonk » 07 Mar 2012

Ok, thanks. I guess the problem is at my brooker, that dont let MC check my account.

Return to “MultiCharts”