How to search/list only threads created by an author

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

How to search/list only threads created by an author

Postby bowlesj3 » 18 Mar 2012

Hi,

I have tried a number of advanced search runs to try and get a list of threads which are ones where I am the author of the thread (not the author of the post but of the thread). I want to eventually link it to the Wiki but I can't find it (within the amount of time I have for searching).

Ideally:
All I want to see is the thread subject (no posts details). So a list of my threads and one display per thread only. No other thread authors are shown.

Second best:
However if I can not get a list of threads then if I can get a list of posts I created (but only for threads that I created) then this is better than what the search does now when you enter an author ID only.

I tried this but it does not work:
author ID: bowlesj3
forum: user contributed
Sort by: author (ascending to put myself at the top)

Has anyone managed to do this. If this can not be done I think MC support would be wise to put it in as a special button as a way for user to more easily link examples into the Wiki.

Thanks,
John

Dave Masalov

Re: How to search/list only threads created by an author

Postby Dave Masalov » 19 Mar 2012

John,

At the moment you can see all your posts by clicking Show your posts on your Profile page (see attached screenshot).
Attachments
forum.PNG
(23.86 KiB) Downloaded 233 times

bowlesj3

Re: How to search/list only threads created by an author

Postby bowlesj3 » 19 Mar 2012

Thanks Dave,

It did work in that I found what I was looking for but it is still a bit cumbersome because you can not see your threads but rather all your posts and across all forums. What I ended up doing is once I followed your instructions and had the list up I did a google chrome text search for "Contributed" so I could jump down to only the "user contributed" forum posts and I had to check to see if I was the author. I had to resubmit the search string on each of the 5 pages that were there (finding maybe only 3 or 4 of my threads on each of those 5 pages). As I said, a bit slow and cumbersome but I got it. I could not find what I was looking for easily because I had put it inside a zip file (inside a different post). Seeing all my threads allowed me to focus more intensely on the one that was most likely to have it.

Thanks again,
John

Return to “MultiCharts”