Suggestions, annoyances, small bugs

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
MAtricks

Suggestions, annoyances, small bugs

Postby MAtricks » 10 Dec 2012

I'd like to create a thread for little annoyances, suggestions, and small bugs. Nothing too in depth.. just the small things that bug us on a day to day basis that seem like it wouldn't take much time for MC to make these changes.

My goal is for this platform to become the best. The staff works hard, the product is great, and all we need to do is fix/upgrade the minor issues to put this product above the rest of the retail platforms.

Attachments
2012-12-10_1438.png
(16.64 KiB) Downloaded 21685 times
2012-12-10_1255.png
(63.24 KiB) Downloaded 21894 times
2012-12-10_1444.png
(21.83 KiB) Downloaded 22038 times
Last edited by MAtricks on 07 Apr 2013, edited 2 times in total.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Suggestions, annoyances, small bugs

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Dec 2012

Hello Matrics,

Thank you for your suggestions. They have beeen forwarded to our developers.
For 1 (2012-12-10_1438.png) and 2 (2012-12-10_1255.png) please submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

For 3 (2012-12-10_1444.png)
Static DOM has been patented by Trading Technologies: absolutely static DOM, no auto-recentering. MultiCharts DOM is semi-static meaning that it will move without input from the user (i.e. if the price goes off the screen), which creates the possibility of making an error during input. It was implemented this way in order not to violate the patent.
Source: DOM Wiki

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 11 Dec 2012

I understand that the DOM has patents by Trading Technologies. Other platforms have overcome this issue without creating a blank 3-5 second delay in data. I'm assuming MC developers have seen these?

I'll post these where you requested me to, but I'd still like to post them here if that's okay?

Attachments
2012-12-11_0711.png
(39.68 KiB) Downloaded 21699 times

escamillo

Postby escamillo » 11 Dec 2012

If we are getting our requests in for little features of interest, then how about this one: IN a list of Strats, have "ON" Strats have a different color from "OFF" Strats (e.g: ON Strats have blue background box; OFF Strats have regular white background box). I have mistakenly left Strats ON that I meant to have OFF: a different colored box for ON and OFF might help that and be easy to implement. Thanks.
Attachments
ON-OFF.png
(19.47 KiB) Downloaded 19776 times

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 12 Dec 2012

This one gets me every day...!!!! Probably the most annoying of all.

Attachments
2012-12-11_2357.png
(59.05 KiB) Downloaded 22361 times

Fabrice

Postby Fabrice » 12 Dec 2012

I also think it is useful that the trade panel be opened with the same broker/account and the same number of contracts that were used when closing MC.

When configuring a broker, I suggest to add the possibility to set a comment for each account. This comment would then be displayed in place of the account number. This would make it easier to identify on which account we are connected. In the picture above, "480875" would be replaced by "Paper Trading" for example.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 13 Dec 2012

MC is a fantastic platform. I simply want buttons and numbers to default to my preferences. Why it's not like this already is beyond me...

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 31 Jan 2013

Attachments
Alert_suggestion_001.png
(59.53 KiB) Downloaded 21775 times

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 31 Jan 2013

My minor "bug" is that when I set my desired ranges to optimize in a strategy, then make a small change in the system code, ALL of the optimization settings go back to default and I have to re-enter them all again, very time consuming..and annoying..
The Last used Optimization ranges (optimize 50 to 300 by 5 etc) for a given strategy, should be remembered by default..

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 31 Jan 2013

Yes, that is annoying.. As I say, it'd be great if the platform remembered all of our settings instead of it's defaults.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 01 Feb 2013

It would be indeed nice if that little upward green arrow would remember it's setting.
This can be coded in PowerLanguage. See for example here.
My minor "bug" is that when I set my desired ranges to optimize in a strategy, then make a small change in the system code, ALL of the optimization settings go back to default and I have to re-enter them all again, very time consuming..and annoying..
The Last used Optimization ranges (optimize 50 to 300 by 5 etc) for a given strategy, should be remembered by default..
I'd also like to see this behaviour changed.

TJ

Postby TJ » 01 Feb 2013

This can be coded in PowerLanguage. See for example here.
I agree with MAtricks, a check box is the logical and elegant way to make the alert once per bar.

We should extend this feature to the PLAYSOUND keyword as well.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 01 Feb 2013

The developers working on the 8.5 beta 2 look to have fixed the trade tab from switching ACCOUNTS (only the accounts not the other trade settings) after a Multicharts restart. Great start guys! :) Thanks for taking our suggestions into consideration.

However, if a Windows restart occurs, these settings are back to their irritating default of the 1st account on the trade tab's list. I restart my trading server once a week and have no need to shutdown Multicharts in between those times..

This "fix" is not finished.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 03 Feb 2013

This is with the recent MC 8.5 Beta 2. IOG on. Please fix this...
(since this is a more serious "bug" I also created a new post for this.)

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 04 Feb 2013

The developers working on the 8.5 beta 2 look to have fixed the trade tab from switching ACCOUNTS (only the accounts not the other trade settings) after a Multicharts restart. Great start guys! :) Thanks for taking our suggestions into consideration.

However, if a Windows restart occurs, these settings are back to their irritating default of the 1st account on the trade tab's list. I restart my trading server once a week and have no need to shutdown Multicharts in between those times..

MAtricks,

Please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 10 AM EST to demonstrate the issue: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 04 Feb 2013

I'd like to create a thread for little annoyances, suggestions, and small bugs. Nothing too in depth.. just the small things that bug us on a day to day basis that seem like it wouldn't take much time for MC to make these changes.

It would be indeed nice if that little upward green arrow would remember it's setting

MAtricks,

These features will be implemented in MC 9.0

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 04 Feb 2013

MAtricks,

Please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 10 AM EST to demonstrate the issue: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

I'd love to show you, but as I've told Andrew, this issue needs a windows restart to show your developers the issue. How can I be connected and restart my pc at the same time?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Feb 2013

MAtricks, do you disconnect your broker profile prior to closing MultiCharts?
Which broker do you use? Are the workspaces opened automatically upon start of MultiCharts?
Are the workspaces saved with user defined amount of contracts and TIF ?
Have you tried to start MC and connect the broker profile first, then open your workspaces?

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 04 Feb 2013

To close Multicharts: I click the red X at the top right corner. Nothing else.
To open Multicharts: I double click the icon on my desktop. Nothing else. All workspaces and windows are the same on start up as they were on shutdown.

MB Trading and Interactive brokers are my brokers. This issue happens with both.

arnie

Postby arnie » 04 Feb 2013

I'd love to show you, but as I've told Andrew, this issue needs a windows restart to show your developers the issue. How can I be connected and restart my pc at the same time?
Do you have a video camera on your phone?
Start recording showing the settings you have on MC. Close MC, restart Windows, open MC, always with the camera ON, recording everything.

Send the video using one of the many data transfer services on the net.

I'm sure this would allow the developers a good look of what is happening.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 04 Feb 2013

I've heard that it's usually a good idea to Start MC by using- "Run as Administrator".. NOT just double clicking the icon...
Maybe an Admin can confirm that..

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 05 Feb 2013

MAtricks,

We can connect to your machien before restart and then reconnect after it. Alternatively, you could make two videos (before restart and after) showing whole MultiCharts window.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Feb 2013

To close Multicharts: I click the red X at the top right corner. Nothing else.
To open Multicharts: I double click the icon on my desktop. Nothing else. All workspaces and windows are the same on start up as they were on shutdown.

MB Trading and Interactive brokers are my brokers. This issue happens with both.
MAtricks, please try the following:
Go to MultiСharts->File->Preferences->Workspaces->Uncheck "Open workspaces on start".
Save your workspaces with user defined amount of contracts and TIF.
Close MultiCharts. Restart your PC if needed. Start MultiCharts. Wait until all broker profiles you are using are connected. Open your workspaces.
Are amount of contracts and TIF values still reset to 1 Day ?

Zoli

Postby Zoli » 07 Feb 2013

MAtricks,

I don't want to be "off topic" but this happens in MC.net as well, in all MC versions. It has been fixed indeed in one of the releases but only partially. This "bug" is aleatory/random on my system and requires no restart. I never let MC save the workspaces, I save them manually so there is no reason why it would load them with different settings unless the problem is not in the saved workspace but the way MC loads them.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Feb 2013

The fix will be avaiallbe in MultiCharts 8.5 Release

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 07 Feb 2013

Thanks Henry (& MultiCharts) for implementing the majority of the things in this thread.

Now that we are spoiled by this service, any chance we can also get the following? ;)
It would be indeed nice if that little upward green arrow would remember it's setting.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Feb 2013

Now that we are spoiled by this service, any chance we can also get the following? ;)
Hello JoshM,

This feature is as well targeted to MultiCharts 9.0

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 14 Feb 2013

This seems like a silly way to attempt a fairly common process of syncing a strategy to a current order.

Why wouldn't this:Image

Automatically default to the live order on the chart if there is one? At least default with the live order's information so we can double check it and accept it?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Feb 2013

This seems like a silly way to attempt a fairly common process of syncing a strategy to a current order.Why wouldn't this Automatically default to the live order on the chart if there is one? At least default with the live order's information so we can double check it and accept it?
Position at broker cannot be divided between multiple strategies automatically by means of the "syncronizer" script. If you are trading with multiple strategies on one instrument - you need to assign the position manually for each strategy with "Assign the initial market position at the broker" window.

This topic has been already discussed multiple times in the other threads: Automated exit strategy with manual trading

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 15 Feb 2013

This topic has been brought up several times.. and I'm sure that it will keep getting brought up. That's the reason I'm posting this.

At the very least, I think it'd be nice if this information wasn't blank when this box pops up. From the day I got a MC license, I've been scratching my head trying to figure out why this information isn't filled out for me.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Feb 2013

At least default with the live order's information so we can double check it and accept it?
We'll have that added in MC 9

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 15 Feb 2013

Awesome :)

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 19 Feb 2013

Change the number display in scanner for Open Interest to whole numbers rather than the same decimal places as the symbol.
Attachments
2013-02-19_1108.png
(89.85 KiB) Downloaded 19681 times

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 19 Feb 2013

MB accounts do not calculate the open P/L. Also, can we have a closed daily P/L? Maybe it's silly, but I'm used to having that and have never had a platform not show it.

Attachments
2013-02-19_0417.png
(15.16 KiB) Downloaded 21318 times

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 20 Feb 2013

-Multicharts 8.5 Release Candidate-

I have several accounts autotrading through MC. Because of the issues I've run into like MC crashing, MB data feed disconnecting, and MC going completely bonkers with the Order and Position Tracker after the close, I've been restarting MC every day after the close.

After I restarted MC, about 50% of the charts were set to the 1st account in the account profile. This is driving me crazy... I know the developers have worked on it because it does work some times.

Please get this to save my settings:Image

The worst part was that these:Image

All changed. They didn't go blank or to the top of the list. The were set to completely different accounts! Also, the DAY vs GTC was changed back to DAY.

Basically, Multicharts is turning into a pretty good platform, but it's main downfall is that User Settings aren't saved. Anything I do in my copy of MC should stay the way I want it.
Attachments
2013-02-20_1541.png
(28.98 KiB) Downloaded 21617 times
2013-02-20_1546.png
(11.57 KiB) Downloaded 21474 times

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 20 Feb 2013

::::Edit::::

The Autotrading MB Properties tab was changed after I renamed the account Profile. This must be what caused that since this has never happened before. It was strange how it rearranged my accounts though...

The manual trading tab needs to be looked at. At the restart of the platform and/or the restart of windows, it still defaults back to the 1st account on the list.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Feb 2013

MB accounts do not calculate the open P/L.
This information is not provided by MBT API.
Also, can we have a closed daily P/L? Maybe it's silly, but I'm used to having that and have never had a platform not show it.
This information is available through the API. It will be added in MultiCharts 9.
The manual trading tab needs to be looked at. At the restart of the platform and/or the restart of windows, it still defaults back to the 1st account on the list.
We have fixed that in MultiCharts 8.5 Release.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 24 Feb 2013

We have fixed that in MultiCharts 8.5 Release.
I just restarted MC release 8.5 and every window defaulted to one of my futures trading accounts. (an account I've never used)

Not fixed.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Feb 2013

I just restarted MC release 8.5 and every window defaulted to one of my futures trading accounts. (an account I've never used)
Not fixed.
Have you saved your workspace prior to closing it?
Does it happen with all of the workspaces or with a particular one?
Have you tried to create a new workspace? Is the problem reproduced on it as well?

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 25 Feb 2013

Something that annoys me in MultiCharts Version 8.5 Release (Build 6743): no Cancel button. Can this be considered for a possible change?

Attachments
scr.25-02-2013 19.08.05.png
(46.45 KiB) Downloaded 21247 times

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 25 Feb 2013

Not fixed.
Have you saved your workspace prior to closing it?
Does it happen with all of the workspaces or with a particular one?
Have you tried to create a new workspace? Is the problem reproduced on it as well?
-Yes, my workspaces are saved before a restart of MC.
-This particular time it happened to all workspaces, but MC seems to have a mind of it's own with this issue. Sometimes it's all windows, sometimes it's only a few.
-Yes I have created new workspaces and yes it still happens.

I'll try to show this in a video capture. As I say, it's sporadic so give it some time.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Feb 2013

Something that annoys me in MultiCharts Version 8.5 Release (Build 6743): no Cancel button. Can this be considered for a possible change?
We are going to add a confirmation window for removing a study in MultiCharts 9.

StefanoSF

Postby StefanoSF » 27 Feb 2013

Here's one driving me crazy.

On the Chart Trading area: the mouse overs on the rebuilt "Place Order" and "Exit Strategies" definitions need to stay active much longer so people can read them without having to mouse over 3 or four times.

See reference image
Attachments
MouseOver3.png
(30.94 KiB) Downloaded 19599 times

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 27 Feb 2013

[quote="StefanoSF"]Here's one driving me crazy.

On the Chart Trading area: the mouse overs on the rebuilt "Place Order" and "Exit Strategies" definitions need to stay active much longer so people can read them without having to mouse over 3 or four times.

It would be nice if the definitions would stay active, as long as the mouse is over them..

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Feb 2013

The time for showing the hint will be extended in one of the future versions of MultiCharts.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 28 Feb 2013

I've been dealing with an issue with my accounts (mb trading) not being accessible from MC. Maybe only one or two will be accessible so I turn off the accounts and then turn them back on and they're all there. The issue is with the chart trading tab and the order and position tracker.

Video of it happening today:
http://screencast.com/t/TuIWliDG7j

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 28 Feb 2013

Update feature?

This is a surprising that this feature doesn't work. With most software, you open it and a notification will pop up that there is an update and an option to update it within that box. With MC, we need to manually check for a new version (like today), download it, uninstall our current version, and install the new version. This looks bad...

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Mar 2013

I've been dealing with an issue with my accounts (mb trading) not being accessible from MC. Maybe only one or two will be accessible so I turn off the accounts and then turn them back on and they're all there. The issue is with the chart trading tab and the order and position tracker.

Video of it happening today:
http://screencast.com/t/TuIWliDG7j
Hello Matricks,

Please send me the logs for analysis once this behavior will appear. Here is how to do that. Also email me (support@multicharts.com) all MBT logs from the following folder: %userprofile%\AppData\roaming\MBTrading\LOGS\.
In your email please specify the exact time this behavior happened and name the accounts that were in the list and those that were missing.

Henry MultiСharts

Update feature? This is a surprising that this feature doesn't work.
We have fixed that. If you restart MultiCharts (and wait until tsserver.exe process ends in Task Manager), you will get the new version notification and the proper download link.

dahmen walter

Postby dahmen walter » 01 Mar 2013

We have fixed that. If you restart MultiCharts (and wait until tsserver.exe process ends in Task Manager), you will get the new version notification and the proper download link.

2 Hours ago I got a link delivering the 32 bit version although running and only version is 64 bit.
I will download 64 bit separately again.

Henry MultiСharts

2 Hours ago I got a link delivering the 32 bit version although running and only version is 64 bit.
I will download 64 bit separately again.
Due to the current notification system peculiarities "Check for updates" page provides the download link for the 32 bit version only. For 64 bit version download link please go to our download page.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 01 Mar 2013

When dynamic mode is enabled, in order not to violate TT's patent, asks and bids are not displayed when you put your cursor on any price level.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 01 Mar 2013

I understand TT's patents. This just seems like a silly workaround. I'm not a DOM trader anyway, I just figured it should be looked at since there are a lot of institutional firms that do. (I'm guessing MC would like to be on that map?).

Henry, I use the 64bit version. Update feature doesn't work.

MAtricks

MAtricks

Is it just me, or is it extremely difficult to log into the feature request/bug reporting page? https://www.multicharts.com/pm/login.php?action=login

I now have 3 logins and none work.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Mar 2013

Is it just me, or is it extremely difficult to log into the feature request/bug reporting page? https://www.multicharts.com/pm/login.php?action=login

Try to login with your "MAtricks" username now.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Mar 2013

Henry, I use the 64bit version. Update feature doesn't work.
See my reply here.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 05 Mar 2013

Attachments
2013-03-05_1413.png
(45.43 KiB) Downloaded 21149 times

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 06 Mar 2013

I sent you a new password for PM. Your login works with it:

txls

Postby txls » 06 Mar 2013

1. Automatic code completion in PL Editor suggests using "cross_below" and "cross_above", while actually it is "cross below" and "cross above".

2. If I'm editing date/time in Data Playback toolbar, the cursor (highlighted symbol) is, obviously, in the date/time field, but if I try to use arrow keys to navigate inside and between date/time fields, the chart moves instead of cursor. That makes little sense, -- to me, at least, but maybe I'm missing something.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 07 Mar 2013

Attachments
2013-03-07_1333.png
(67.83 KiB) Downloaded 21431 times
2013-03-07_1329.png
(62.18 KiB) Downloaded 21565 times

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 07 Mar 2013

I'd like to send out an awesome THANK YOU to the Multicharts team for listening to their customers. This puts you guys well above competition in my opinion.

I've posted many bugs and annoyances here and on several other posts. I believe that all but 1 or 2 have already been implemented. I've also seen several great suggestions by other users and they've all been worked on as well. Great job.

Attachments
2013-03-07_1344.png
(385.92 KiB) Downloaded 21323 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 Mar 2013

1. Automatic code completion in PL Editor suggests using "cross_below" and "cross_above", while actually it is "cross below" and "cross above".

2. If I'm editing date/time in Data Playback toolbar, the cursor (highlighted symbol) is, obviously, in the date/time field, but if I try to use arrow keys to navigate inside and between date/time fields, the chart moves instead of cursor. That makes little sense, -- to me, at least, but maybe I'm missing something.
Hello txls,

1) "cross_below" and "cross_above" are equals to "cross below" and "cross above".
Both variants are applicable in PowerLanguage.
2) Added to our to-do list for the next version of MultiCharts.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 13 Mar 2013

While creating new strategies and new variations of strategies every day, this can really get on my nerves. I edit the signals entires and exits so that they don't garble up my screen while I'm attempting to make sure that they're doing what I tell them to do.

Can we make the Default work for all new strategies? As with any other default, we could change personalize each strategy if we wanted it, but for the most part, individuals will want a certain default for the majority of their strategies.

Also, can we have 0 point/invisible for the arrows?

Attachments
2013-03-13_1540.png
(93.99 KiB) Downloaded 21162 times

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 13 Mar 2013

This is happening more regularly than "normal". Almost every startup.. MC picks and chooses workspaces and windows to switch the accounts on the trade tab. I have several workspaces open with several windows in each. About 75% of the windows are switched and always switched to the 1st account on my tab. Interesting looking bug though... Usually (not always), when the account on the trade tab is switched, I have access to only one account on the tab even though I have several accounts linked to this log in. If I copy/paste the same window or if I redlight/greenlight the account, the accounts are all there.

I save the workspaces before I exit. I also have MC automatically save the workspaces. The only way I've found around this is to close and open the workspaces manually.

Release 64-bit
Version: 8.5.6778
Release Date: 28 February 2013

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Mar 2013

This is happening more regularly than "normal". Almost every startup.. MC picks and chooses workspaces and windows to switch the accounts on the trade tab. I have several workspaces open with several windows in each. About 75% of the windows are switched and always switched to the 1st account on my tab. Interesting looking bug though... Usually (not always), when the account on the trade tab is switched, I have access to only one account on the tab even though I have several accounts linked to this log in. If I copy/paste the same window or if I redlight/greenlight the account, the accounts are all there.

I save the workspaces before I exit. I also have MC automatically save the workspaces. The only way I've found around this is to close and open the workspaces manually.

Release 64-bit
MAtricks, we are trying to replicate this behavior in our environment. I will keep you updated.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 17 Mar 2013

Release 64-bit
MAtricks, we are trying to replicate this behavior in our environment. I will keep you updated.
Henry, I'll private message you a video of this happening to me. Sorry, I don't want to post my account info here.

swz168

Postby swz168 » 18 Mar 2013

System: Windows 7 64 Bit
MC: Any Version

If I install any new Version of MC, I have to repin all the programs of MC on the taskbar. After installation, old MC program Pins are "corrupted", so have to remove them, then repin all MC Programs.
taskbar.png
(18.33 KiB) Downloaded 19667 times

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 19 Mar 2013

Would it be possible to delay loading of the Scanner window till after the Data Server Window has popped up?

That would prevent annoyances like this:

In this case, if the user wants to switch from Online to Offline mode, he first needs to start MultiCharts in online mode, remove the scanner, close MultiCharts and wait till the accompanying processes have closed. Then restart MultiCharts, turn offline mode on, and re-add the scanner. Then, if the user wants to switch from offline to online, the same process vice versa.
Attachments
scr.16-03-2013 16.13.34.png
(24.15 KiB) Downloaded 20936 times

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 25 Mar 2013

This is not really an annoyance of me, but a very small usability suggestion: would it be possible to sort the most recent used time frames in the order from small to large?

For example, currently in MultiCharts Version 8.5 Release (Build 6777):

This seems counter-intuitive to me that '1 minute' is placed below '15 minute' since normally (such as in the Format Instrument screen) time frames are ordered from low to high.
Attachments
scr.25-03-2013 10.58.38.png
(2.65 KiB) Downloaded 20904 times

arnie

Postby arnie » 25 Mar 2013

This is not really an annoyance of me, but a very small usability suggestion: would it be possible to sort the most recent used time frames in the order from small to large?

For example, currently in MultiCharts Version 8.5 Release (Build 6777):

This seems counter-intuitive to me that '1 minute' is placed below '15 minute' since normally (such as in the Format Instrument screen) time frames are ordered from low to high.
Better yet, what about the possibility for us to choose which time frames we want on that window.
As it is right now helps but if we could choose them it would be preferable.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Mar 2013

Would it be possible to delay loading of the Scanner window till after the Data Server Window has popped up?

That would prevent annoyances like this:

In this case, if the user wants to switch from Online to Offline mode, he first needs to start MultiCharts in online mode, remove the scanner, close MultiCharts and wait till the accompanying processes have closed. Then restart MultiCharts, turn offline mode on, and re-add the scanner. Then, if the user wants to switch from offline to online, the same process vice versa.
Added to our to-do list for the next version.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Mar 2013

Release 64-bit
Here is a hotfix for this issue. It can be installed only on MultiCharts 8.5 Release build 6850/6851.
>>>For 32bit MultiCharts<<<
>>>For 64bit MultiCharts<<<
Here is how to install it.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 27 Mar 2013

Thank you! So far so good. I'll update if I see any issues.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 29 Mar 2013

Henry, I loaded up MC and only half of my accounts were on the trade tab. I copied and pasted the same window and they all loaded up. This is after the hotfix with the latest MC version. :( sorry..

Edit: Has only happened to me the first time after installing the update. I'll check back here if it happens again.

arnie

Postby arnie » 02 Apr 2013

Here's something that really annoys me BIG TIME...

I decide to change the chart resolution from 5 minutes to 5 points.
Go to the new status line option and this is done seamlessly.
This obviously will mess the cumulative delta resolution so I do the same to change it and what happens? The chart retrieves regular bars instead of the cumulative delta bars. Why does this happens?
I end up always going to the format instrument to change the resolution for this chart.

Is it possible to change this behavior?
The same happens to volume delta charts.

Attachments
CD_chg.png
(39.02 KiB) Downloaded 20858 times

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 07 Apr 2013

The prompt for autotrading after a restart of the platform doesn't work well. It's more annoying than anything because of it not being implemented correctly.

Additions or suggested fixes to auto trading prompt after restart:
-if you have more than one window that's autotrading, there's no way to tell which one the prompt is for and because we have to type in all that nonsense (size and price of trade) ourselves, we can really mess things up if this is done incorrectly or for the incorrect window. There needs to be an indication of what window the prompt is for and the information should be automatically filled out for us so we can simply confirm the numbers and click OK.
-Unless we have the Order and Trade Manager open or the chart open with the price clearly visible, there's no way to know the entry price to plug into this prompt.
-There needs to be a cancel button on this prompt!

Xyzzy

Postby Xyzzy » 08 Apr 2013

I actually submitted a feature request/bug report about this annoyance some time ago. However, your graphics are much more effective than my attempts to describe it. :-)

If you want to "vote" for this request, here it is.
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-602

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 27 Apr 2013

Without exaggerating: the following is a huge user-unfriendly annoyance:

1) If LMAX is down for maintenance (like it is now, on Saturday)...

2) ... the following message-box pop-ups for every chart in the workspace:

This means that, if the user forgets to check the internet page of LMAX before starting MultiCharts during the weekend, he/she can get dozens of these pop-up messages. And whether you click on "Ok" or "Cancel", for every symbol in the workspace this message box pops-up.

I just got 30 times this message so yes, this is quite annoying. Please fix it in the coming MultiCharts version. :)
Attachments
scr.27-04-2013 18.24.27.png
(10.79 KiB) Downloaded 20745 times
scr.27-04-2013 18.25.28.png
(14.5 KiB) Downloaded 20874 times

quantarb

Postby quantarb » 01 May 2013

I wish Multicharts can do Walk Forward Optimization based on calendar months and years like AB. They should give us more options like month and year rather just than days and bars.

I can set my in-sample period in AB to 1 year with the start date being 1/1/2011 and the end date being 12/31/2011. I then can set out-of-sample to be 3 months. AB automatically aligns the dates for the out-of-sample giving me neat starting and ending dates. I always start at the first day of the first month and end on the last day of the third month. This looks much cleaner and nicer.

OOS #1: 01/01/2012 to 03/31/2012
OOS #2: 04/01/2012 to 06/30/2012
OOS #3: 07/01/2012 to 09/30/2012
OSS #4: 10/01/2012 to 12/31/2012

Where as in Multicharts I have random start and end dates throughout each month. Ex. I start on the 04/12/2012 and then end on 07/07/2012.

quantarb

Postby quantarb » 02 May 2013

Give us the ability to set default value, start value, end value, and step for each inputs in the strategy logic. This way when we click optimize all those values are filled out for us.

Ex.

Input: FastLen(20, 10, 100, 10);

The default value is 20, start value is 10, end value is 100, and step is 10.

Smoky

add 'reverse' powerlanguage word

Postby Smoky » 08 May 2013

with LMAX when i'm long 3 shares and i want to go short i have to sell 3 shares and then short 3 shares

with 'reverse' keywork you close your long position and enter short !

or close your short position to enter long ;)

with "reverse 2 shares" you close all long and enter short with 2 shares ....

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 18 May 2013

An issue has been popping up in the recent versions of MC. I get errors from two copies of MC on two different machines for the same thing so I'm guessing it's an error on MC's end.

If I edit code in the editor, compile it, and then open up an old workspace that has that code applied to a chart this pops up:

Attachments
2013-05-18_1534.png
(31.77 KiB) Downloaded 20557 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 May 2013

An issue has been popping up in the recent versions of MC. I get errors from two copies of MC on two different machines for the same thing so I'm guessing it's an error on MC's end.

If I edit code in the editor, compile it, and then open up an old workspace that has that code applied to a chart this pops up:

Do you get this error on MultiCharts 8.5 Release build 6850/6851 ?

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 21 May 2013

Version: 8.5.6851

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 21 May 2013

Hi MAtricks, did you use external DLL in your study ?

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 21 May 2013

No externals. Simple changes in the power language scripts, compiled, and then opening old work spaces which are using those scripts. It happens every time and on different machines so I'd assume others are having this same issue?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 May 2013

Version: 8.5.6851
Here is the hotfix for the issue for MultiCharts 8.5:
32 bit: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/279 ... rCrash.zip
64 bit: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/279 ... rCrash.zip

Please unzip the file and follow the installation guide:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... an_Updater

This fix is already included in MultiCharts 8.7 beta 1.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 25 May 2013

As always, thank you Henry!

I have another one for you.. (sorry) I stopped doing intrabar tick by tick testing a while back because it doesn't work. The issue doesn't seem to happen unless I'm looking more than 1-3 months in the past.

MC native and untouched entry/exits with silly settings for an example:

Notice how execution happens completely outside of the candle? That only happens once I ask MC to back-test on a tick by tick resolution.
Attachments
MC-Example.wsp
(133.32 KiB) Downloaded 818 times
2013-05-25_0538.png
(107.77 KiB) Downloaded 20641 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 May 2013

Hello MAtricks,

We are talking about backtestng in MultiCharts 8.5 Release 6850/6851, right?

Please try the following:
1) Close all of the charts using EUR/USD in MultiCharts.
2) Then go to File->New->QuoteManager window.
In QuoteManager make a right click on the EUR/USD instrument->Clear Cache.
3) Open the workspace you are using for testing.
If backtesting results are the same then reload your chart using Ctrl+R.
If results are still the same:
- in QuoteManager right click on EUR/USD from MBT->Export data->Export instrument.
Send me the Qmd export file for analysis.

P.S. Full-sized screenshots are preferred as cropping is removing necessary information.

HPF

tab key when entering inputs of a strategy

Postby HPF » 29 May 2013

This is a comment about MultiCharts.NET 8.5 (build 6861). Apologies if this has already been mentioned here and I just overlooked it.

When I enter the inputs of a signal in the "format signal" window, "Inputs" tab, pressing the TAB key does not take me to the next input field as it is customary in most other software. Would be nice if it did.

Thanks,

HPF

Henry MultiСharts

Re: tab key when entering inputs of a strategy

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 May 2013

This is a comment about MultiCharts.NET 8.5 (build 6861). Apologies if this has already been mentioned here and I just overlooked it.

When I enter the inputs of a signal in the "format signal" window, "Inputs" tab, pressing the TAB key does not take me to the next input field as it is customary in most other software. Would be nice if it did.

Thanks,

HPF
Hello HPF,

You need to use Tab to switch between window controls and get into Inputs grid. Then use Arrows to navigate inside inputs grid. Use Space to modify the Value, use Enter to apply it. Then use Arros again to navigate inside inputs grid.

PatrickSocal

Postby PatrickSocal » 05 Jun 2013

I have found what I believe to be a bug in the way MC scales its charts. In the following screenshot, it appears that the two indicators are quite different:

But if you scroll forward just a bit (and change nothing else), you find that they are in fact right on top of each other. The only area where they are different is at the first few bars (where I've circled):

In both cases, the indicators are set to "Screen" scaling:

This tells me that the two indicators are being scaled independently and then plotted on the chart.... Because the first few bars of one indicator are outside the Y range of the other one, and the scale of that indicator had to be adjusted to fit it on the screen. But if that's the case, what is the meaning of the Y data ticks on the right of the chart? They cannot be accurate for both indicators, if the indicators are scaled differently.

The most natural fix would be for MC to check the range of both indicators, before applying scaling to them. It would use min(y1, y2) and max(y1, y2) as the limits.

(I'm using MultiCharts.NET64 SE Version 8.5 Build 7009)

Thanks in advance...

Patrick
Attachments
ScalingCheckbox.png
(32.19 KiB) Downloaded 20386 times
MultiCharts Scaling Bug - NowAligned.png
(163.07 KiB) Downloaded 20369 times
MultiCharts Scaling Bug - Misaligned.png
(162.04 KiB) Downloaded 20301 times

PatrickSocal

Postby PatrickSocal » 05 Jun 2013

Here is a limitation that has been driving me crazy. I like to develop automated strategies that reference multiple indicators. In other platforms, I can plot directly from the strategy. But in MultiCharts (and MC.NET) I have to create indicators that plot (and only to a single subchart) and a strategy that trades. That strategy has to reproduce ALL of the important indicator code, and ALL of the parameter settings.

IMHO, this requires a lot more time and creates a lot more room for error than is necessary. If we could plot directly from the strategy, to a subplot of our choosing, things would look much bettter. Here is an illustration:

http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/d ... hp?id=6452

One implementation for multiple subplots (using C# syntax, but would be similar for EL) would be to add a "subplot" integer argument to the Addplot() method, or to the PlotAttributes class. This of course would be called by the Create() method. But however you do it would be an improvement.

This way, automated traders would not ever have to write an indicator again. Everything could be done by strategies, and development/versioning would become much easier.

If you like this idea, and if you can manage to log into the project management site, please vote here:

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-211

Thanks!

Patrick
Attachments
MC Plot from Strategies.png
(16.42 KiB) Downloaded 19625 times

quantarb

Postby quantarb » 06 Jun 2013

I'm currently auto trading options using Multicharts. I have to frequently add and remove different options to quote manager. At the moment, you can only search for options using symbol name and exchange name. I have to go through a long list of options before I find what I'm looking for.

Please include these additional fields to make the search easier and faster.

Strike Price
Expiration Month
Expiration Year
Call or Put
In the money or Out of money

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Jun 2013

I'm currently auto trading options using Multicharts. I have to frequently add and remove different options to quote manager. At the moment, you can only search for options using symbol name and exchange name. I have to go through a long list of options before I find what I'm looking for.

Strike Price
Expiration Month
Expiration Year
Call or Put
Which data provider do you use ?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Jun 2013

Here is a limitation that has been driving me crazy. I like to develop automated strategies that reference multiple indicators. In other platforms, I can plot directly from the strategy. But in MultiCharts (and MC.NET) I have to create indicators that plot (and only to a single subchart) and a strategy that trades. That strategy has to reproduce ALL of the important indicator code, and ALL of the parameter settings.

If you like this idea, and if you can manage to log into the project management site, please vote here:

Thanks!
Patrick
Hello Patrick,

Thank you for your suggestion. It has been forwarded to our developers.
In MultiCharts 9.0 we will make it possible to reference indicator plot from signal.

Henry MultiСharts

I have found what I believe to be a bug in the way MC scales its charts. In the following screenshot, it appears that the two indicators are quite different:
But if you scroll forward just a bit (and change nothing else), you find that they are in fact right on top of each other. The only area where they are different is at the first few bars (where I've circled):
Hello Patrick,

That is the correct behavior for Screen scaling:
The range of the Screen scale is equal to the range of the plot segment that is actually visible in the Chart Window. Scrolling the chart along the time axis, so that another plot segment, with a different range, becomes visible, will cause the range of the Screen scale to be adjusted accordingly.
You can enable price scales on both sides of the chart and set them to the respective indicators to display the indicator value difference.
If you want the indicators to have different scaling you can use User Defined Scaling or place both plots into one study.

quantarb

Postby quantarb » 07 Jun 2013

Strike Price
Expiration Month
Expiration Year
Call or Put
Which data provider do you use ?
Hi Henry,

I'm currently using both IQ Feed and Interactive Brokers for data.

Henry MultiСharts

Hi Henry,

I'm currently using both IQ Feed and Interactive Brokers for data.
IQfeed does not provide such functionality via the API.
As for Interactive Brokers - we will look into improving this behavior in one of the future versions.

PatrickSocal

Postby PatrickSocal » 07 Jun 2013

That is the correct behavior for Screen scaling:
The range of the Screen scale is equal to the range of the plot segment that is actually visible in the Chart Window. Scrolling the chart along the time axis, so that another plot segment, with a different range, becomes visible, will cause the range of the Screen scale to be adjusted accordingly.
Hi Henry,

Thanks for the response, but after reading the wiki link you posted, I still think it is a bug. The behavior of MultiCharts does not strictly match the description in the wiki page in the multiple indicator scenario I demonstrated above.

If there are multiple indicators on a subchart, each with different Y range, and each is scaled without knowledge of the others, then the values on the Y axis will necessarily be wrong for some of them. So the text in the wiki page will then be inaccurate. In particular:
The values on the scale are specific to the indicator plotted on the chart. The scale represents the value range, within which the indicator is plotted. To determine the value of a point on a chart, the vertical position of the point is referenced to a value on the scale.
If, however, the range is set based on the maximum and minimum ranges of all the indicators on the subchart, then this problem is solved, and the scale-setting behavior will be consistent with what the wiki page says.

Does that make sense?

-Patrick

PatrickSocal

Postby PatrickSocal » 07 Jun 2013

Thanks!
Patrick
Hello Patrick,

Thank you for your suggestion. It has been forwarded to our developers.
In MultiCharts 9.0 we will make it possible to reference indicator plot from signal.
Thanks Henry for forwarding it on. Yes, I've read on the forums that v 9.0 will enable studies to reference other studies. That will be a big improvement.

But please do consider the suggestion of enabling us to plot from strategies. Even compared to the announced improvements in 9.0, enabling plotting from strategies will further streamline the workflow of your customers, and help with version management.

Since the MC requires us to put all our source code in a single folder, we have no way of keeping multiple versions of the same indicator separate other than to rename them. If there are 4 versions of a strategy that references 5 external indicators, and changes are made to one of the indicators for one of the versions, it will affect all versions of the strategy. Keeping things consistent will be very difficult.

But if all the code for a strategy is self-contained in that strategy file (including plotting) the version control becomes manageable, even within the MC framework in which all our source code has to reside in a single folder.

Of course if you enabled us to control our own project folder structures, things could be different, but I expect that is a bigger and more disruptive change from your perspective.

-Patrick

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 08 Jun 2013

I saw in the release notes for MC .NET Beta that quite some suggestions from this thread have been incorporated into MultiCharts. Thanks for that! :)
Thanks for the response, but after reading the wiki link you posted, I still think it is a bug. The behavior of MultiCharts does not strictly match the description in the wiki page in the multiple indicator scenario I demonstrated above.

If there are multiple indicators on a subchart, each with different Y range, and each is scaled without knowledge of the others, then the values on the Y axis will necessarily be wrong for some of them. So the text in the wiki page will then be inaccurate.
(...)
The behaviour displayed in your screenshot, where one indicator differs from another from the start on forward, might (as far as I know) also be caused by a difference in the MaxBarsBack setting for both indicators. If you look for example at your first screenshot, you'll see that the blue line starts plotting some 10-15 bars after the orange line has plotted.

(Perhaps you've already have the same settings for both indicators, but since I didn't saw you mention the MaxBarsBack setting, I thought I should mention it.)
But please do consider the suggestion of enabling us to plot from strategies. Even compared to the announced improvements in 9.0, enabling plotting from strategies will further streamline the workflow of your customers, and help with version management.

Since the MC requires us to put all our source code in a single folder, we have no way of keeping multiple versions of the same indicator separate other than to rename them. If there are 4 versions of a strategy that references 5 external indicators, and changes are made to one of the indicators for one of the versions, it will affect all versions of the strategy. Keeping things consistent will be very difficult.

But if all the code for a strategy is self-contained in that strategy file (including plotting) the version control becomes manageable, even within the MC framework in which all our source code has to reside in a single folder.

Of course if you enabled us to control our own project folder structures, things could be different, but I expect that is a bigger and more disruptive change from your perspective.
This is a good suggestion and I'd also like to have such feature.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Jun 2013

If there are multiple indicators on a subchart, each with different Y range, and each is scaled without knowledge of the others, then the values on the Y axis will necessarily be wrong for some of them.
Y-price shows the price scale for one indicator at a time when screen scaling is selected. The purpose of the screen scaling is to show all indicators plots on one subchart disregard their price scales.

You can enable price scales on both sides of the chart and set them to the respective indicators to display the price scales for two indicators.

janus

Postby janus » 11 Jun 2013

I agree totally. I really never saw the point of having two types of studies anyway. It just makes a mess of things when one has to repeat the same code, one lot for plotting and the other for submitting orders. I get around it now by sharing functions where possible but that is very inefficient, especially when the code is compute intensive. It still means if a change is made in the main part of one study, it has to be replicated in the other. Much better to have it all in one place, but still use functions to make the code more readable.

janus

Postby janus » 11 Jun 2013

If it hasn't already been done I like to see a cumulative hot fix that encompasses all of them as I can see the potential of confusion as more and more individual hot fixes are rolled out. Just a thought.

PatrickSocal

Postby PatrickSocal » 13 Jun 2013

To the folks at MultiCharts: Thank you! I just received the following message from the MC Bug Tracker:
This email is an update for issue MC-211 - Allow plotting in signals, which has been updated by Andrew MultiCharts. This issue is targeted for MultiCharts 9.0 Beta 1.
This is very good news! In the comments for this issue, I suggested a further enhancement... the ability for one strategy to plot to multiple subwindows.

This is useful when a strategy computes several indicators, some with very different ranges. For a simple example maybe there are two SMA indicators which need to be on the same scale so you can see when they cross; and maybe there is a volume indicator that needs to be on a different scale entirely; and maybe there's a fourth indicator that varies between 0 and 1 and this needs to be on a third scale. Using the "Screen" scaling won't work, because it won't accurately show where the SMA's cross. And if there are many indicators they are best shown on separate subwindows to prevent clutter anyway.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, this could be implemented in the Addplot() method, or the PlotAttributes class.

Do you think this is also feasible for 9.0 Beta 1?

Thanks again!

-Patrick

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Jun 2013

Do you think this is also feasible for 9.0 Beta 1?
Hello Patrick,

We will add comments regarding the design decision to the corresponding feature request when time comes.

seneca

Postby seneca » 17 Jun 2013

I use two "Order and Position Tracker" windows and noticed that sometimes positions appear only in one "Open Position" tab and not in the other.
Background: I have set up a dedicated "Order and Position" workspace, but in order to permanently see the actual position when I switch to other workspaces, I have set up a "Order and Position Tracker" window in detached mode which is permanently displayed on my third monitor, please see the attachment. In this example you can see the the attached windows shows a long position in ES (which is correct), whilst the detached window doesn't show any position.

In most cases, positions appear in both windows as expected, but in other cases (and I do not yet know how to consistently reproduce this), the position will not appear in the "Open Position" tab of the detached window. Once the issue occurs, the position tab will not update any more, even for other instruments, until MC is restarted. The other tabs (e.g. "Account", "Position History"...) are not affected and update in the detached window as expected.

Broker and datafeed is IB. Maybe someone can reproduce this behavior.
Attachments
MC_windows.jpg
(488.5 KiB) Downloaded 19297 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Jun 2013

Hello seneca,

Have you tried to scroll up the detached "Order and Position Tracker Window" on your third screen?

PatrickSocal

Postby PatrickSocal » 19 Jun 2013

Many of us choose to use a third party market data provider. For example, some people buy data from IQ Feed and trade with Interactive Brokers. This requires us to map symbols in MC, so that the chart knows where to get data and where to send orders. Unfortunately, MultiCharts requires us to map them manually.

For a FX trader who follows just a few symbols, this is no problem. But for a futures trader, there is a different symbol for every contract, and they have to roll properly, etc. This requires us to continually map a large number of symbols, every time there is a contract expiration. And for someone who trades many markets, this can be time consuming and error prone.

There are a few PM issues that attempt to deal with this problem:
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1058
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1260
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1002

MC could make this easier for us if we could import the symbol mapping en masse from an Excel or CSV file. For example, we could create a CSV file with necessary columns:

ChartSymbol, TradingSymbol, {Other columns if necessary}

and import it into MultiCharts. In this way, we could import the symbol mappings for hundreds of symbols at once, going far into the past and a few years into the future. And then we wouldn't have to revisit this problem very often. And any intrepid user could do it once and share it with the community for his particular broker/datafeed combination.

In fact, this is how another platform I've worked with handles the problem, and I think it's a good solution.

Is this the sort of improvement MC would be interested in making?

Thanks,

Patrick

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 21 Jun 2013

The symbol mapping feature definitely needs help.

An additional idea would be for MC to have a server side quote manager for all data feeds and brokers. This would remove the need for almost all of the quote manager's features (good, it's annoying that we have it). Mapping for the client would be simply mapping a data feed and a broker together one time. Symbols would be linked automatically between the two for the future.

This is a huge request. :) Would be great though! Less work for the consumer = more consumers and less support needed.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 23 Jun 2013

We cannot see the where price is if we have orders(especially with multiple orders) or positions. Can MC change the size and/or color of the price display while behind an order or position??

Attachments
2013-06-23_1537.png
(10.59 KiB) Downloaded 20134 times

swz168

Postby swz168 » 24 Jun 2013

If we apply more indicators/strategies on the chart, the status line is a little bit chaotic.

MultiLine is the right way. In "Format Window" it is already enabled. MultiLine Mode would be complete, if we can set for each Study or Indicator (Format Study Window) whether the status should be displayed in a new line. Currently a new Line is used, when the status line is full.

here is the pm entry:
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1373

quantarb

Postby quantarb » 24 Jun 2013

One thing that really annoys me is when you use Windows -> Arrange All is that it rearranges the charts in a randomized fashion. I would like the ability for my charts to be arranged alphabetically when I use this option.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 24 Jun 2013

It's not random. It organizes them by age.

arnie

Postby arnie » 25 Jun 2013

One thing that really annoys me is when you use Windows -> Arrange All is that it rearranges the charts in a randomized fashion. I would like the ability for my charts to be arranged alphabetically when I use this option.
Open the charts in the order you want and you`ll have them correctly arranged on your workspace.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Jun 2013

We cannot see the where price is if we have orders(especially with multiple orders) or positions. Can MC change the size and/or color of the price display while behind an order or position??

There are multiple ways to overcome that: disable active orders and position in Format->Chart trading, turn on the price scale on the left side of the chart in Format->Window->Y price scale, Expand price scale.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Jun 2013

The symbol mapping feature definitely needs help.
We are currently looking into the possibility of adding symbol mapping import/export in the future.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Jun 2013

Thank you for all your suggestions. The topic is closed for moderation reasons.
Feel free to submit your new feature requests to the Project Management of our web site: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

Return to “MultiCharts”