8.5 Beta 1 for Multicharts.net?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Traderji

8.5 Beta 1 for Multicharts.net?

Postby Traderji » 17 Nov 2012

Any ETA on the release of 8.5 beta for the .net version? I thought they were both going to be released at the same time?

Looking through the Release Notes there are so many improvements and new features I want to try!

PS: Can you provide some more detail on this -> "New upgraded API is used for LMAX data feed and broker"? Are there any release notes for new LMAX API?

Zoli

Re: 8.5 Beta 1 for Multicharts.net?

Postby Zoli » 17 Nov 2012

I was wondering the same thing as it was said it is expected this week on the .net forum.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Nov 2012

Any ETA on the release of 8.5 beta for the .net version?
The next version of Multicharts .Net is expected within a week.
Are there any release notes for new LMAX API?
It is used internally for LMAX connection development. There's no user documentation for that.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 20 Nov 2012

It is used internally for LMAX connection development. There's no user documentation for that.
So no visible changes for us end-users, or are we now able to see things like LMAX connections made/lost in the OPT Log tab?

In the LMAX .NET API 1.8.2 (released November 2012) there's a FailureResponse class with the Message property ("A readonly property that contains the error message that occured."), so I was hoping these might also now be incorporated in the MC log. :)

Zoli

Postby Zoli » 20 Nov 2012

Well what I do know is that LMAX had freezing issues that seems to be improved now as it's 2 weeks since no freezing. Also with the beta 6165 micro orders are supported with LMAX, 1 contract is 1.000 and not 10.000 as it was before. I suppose these are some of the improvements.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Nov 2012

are we now able to see things like LMAX connections made/lost in the OPT Log tab?
We are going to add this feature in the next beta version.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Nov 2012

We have analyzed this request in details and found out that there is no way how we can improve the log messages with the current LMAX API. We are contacting LMAX directly regarding this request.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 03 Jan 2013

We have analyzed this request in details and found out that there is no way how we can improve the log messages with the current LMAX API. We are contacting LMAX directly regarding this request.
Is this feature what is meant with the line "New upgraded API is used for LMAX data feed and broker" in the changelog for MC .NET Beta 2?

I'm asking because on regular MultiCharts 8.0 I was disconnected from LMAX today which took me 20 minutes to notice since there was no log message and the Trade Bar remained green (caused by a problem on their side). Obviously, I can't go back in time to replicate it on MC .NET Beta 2, hence the question.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Jan 2013

Is this feature what is meant with the line "New upgraded API is used for LMAX data feed and broker" in the changelog for MC .NET Beta 2?
Hello Josh,

Curently LMAX API does not provide ability to trace disconnection events. LMAX is looking into improving the API.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Jan 2013

We are going to add LMAX disconnection events in MultiCharts 9.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 28 Aug 2013

We are going to add LMAX disconnection events in MultiCharts 9.
Is this still the case? I'm asking since I'm missing this feature, and was informed by support two months ago that the wait was on LMAX's API update and that there was no ETA. I hope that by now some more progress has been made.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Aug 2013

Is this still the case? I'm asking since I'm missing this feature, and was informed by support two months ago that the wait was on LMAX's API update and that there was no ETA. I hope that by now some more progress has been made.
This functionality will be implemented in MultiCharts .Net 8.8 Beta 1

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 29 Aug 2013

This functionality will be implemented in MultiCharts .Net 8.8 Beta 1
That's quick! Thanks Henry (and the programmers/engineers). :)

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”