ADE, ELcollections, and GlobalVariables

Studies that have been contributed to the community by other users. If you’ve got something useful to share, that’s great!
damageboy

ADE, ELcollections, and GlobalVariables

Postby damageboy » 26 Oct 2006

[Moderator's notes:]
This thread was created when MultiCharts was a 32 bit software.
The attachments in this thread are for MultiCharts 32 bit version.
If you are using MultiCharts 64 bit version,
please download your 64 bit add-ons here: ===>>> viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10094

[Moderator's notes:]
MultiCharts64 already comes with the latest GlobalVariables (version 2.2); it is automatically installed into your computer during the MultiCharts installation. You do not need to install it again
However, you do need to read the documents and import the sample ELD codes in the attachment below.

The dlls are different for 32-bit and 64-bit versions, the EasyLanguage codes are the same.

Hi everyone,
I'm writing this post so that anyone who needs to install indicators which are dependant of ADE (All Data Everywhere) will have a reference...

NOTE: The ELCollections library only works with the very latest beta (1.90.644.1126 as of the time of this writing).

ADE is a framework built on top of ELCollections.

In order to install ELCollections, you have to download the package in
https://www.TS.com/Discussion ... c_ID=33397

You can follow the instructions in the documentation, the only thing you have to change for ELCollections to work in MC is the destination of the ELCollections.dll file. Just place it in the Multicharts.exe program directory (i.e. "C:\Program File\TS Support\Multicharts\"), once that it done you can import the "ELCollections.eld" file in the zip with PLEditor and you have ELCollections installed.

As for ADE (All Data Everywhere), which you an download from:
https://www.TS.com/discussion ... c_id=33398
the installation is even simpler: You can follow the instruction exactly as they are described in the ADE.doc file. and you will have ADE installed in no time.

In addition, those of you in need of the GlobalVariables extension, will probably want to use the updated version to the one supplied with MC.
The latest GV (version 2.2) is available from here: https://www.TS.com/Discussion ... c_ID=32115
To install it, simply replace the .dll found in MC program directory with the one in the zip, and import the .ELD file after you have deleted the GV_ functions found by default in MC.

[Update:]
Since some people have problems accessing the TS forums, I've posted the .zip file below, hope this doesn't piss anyone off, there was no license attached to these files, so I don't think I'm breaking anything... :)

Hope this helps someone
Attachments
ELCollections.zip
(264.12 KiB) Downloaded 4068 times
ADE.zip
(145.03 KiB) Downloaded 3840 times
Global Variable22.zip
(192.4 KiB) Downloaded 4774 times
Last edited by damageboy on 27 Oct 2006, edited 4 times in total.

miltonc4

Postby miltonc4 » 26 Oct 2006

Thanks Damageboy
I tried with earlier versions of MC,but had no luck
Will try again
Its exellent stuff
Appreciate the update
Milton

damageboy

Postby damageboy » 27 Oct 2006

@Guest:
My bad,
I've updated the main post, so it's downloadable there too...

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 29 Nov 2009

The command ListC.ReadFile(ID, FileName) is poorly explained. I finally got it to work and inserted an example of the basic code you need to get it to work. The revised document is included in the attached zip file.

Also this thread
Older Links on this forum seem to be messed up. this one does not work.
viewtopic.php?t=7286
I can not remember but this may be the proper link.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7764
Has a zip file containing a matching script that has great examples of how to use the ELcollections "list of Lists" method of getting data into MC. Speciflcally data which is in a line by line format with "numeric and string" data. Here is what it brings in.
10,M,1,M
5,M,1,M
1,M,10,S
0,M,0,M

This may help.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6919&hilit=ReadFile
Attachments
ELCollections_With_ListC_ReadFile_Example.zip
(21.93 KiB) Downloaded 2327 times
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 01 Apr 2012, edited 2 times in total.

tucciotrader

Re: Installing ADE/Elcollections in MC

Postby tucciotrader » 14 Feb 2011

Hi,

I tried ELCollections 1.05 on Multicharts v5.5 and it works great!! I was wondering if it works on v6 as well...thanks!

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 14 Feb 2011

Yes the MC collections version downloaded from this thread works on MC 6.0 beta 2 and 3 for sure. I am still on MC 6.0 beta 2 but I assume it works on all releases after that.

AntiMatter

Postby AntiMatter » 07 Mar 2011

I installed ECollection and the ADE as above on MC 6.1

It all seemed to compile fine. ADE wanted to overwrite some of the ECollection functions. I have tried both overwriting and not-overwriting them, but I get the same problem both ways.

When inserting the study "ADE Plot OHLCV" into a graph, I get an ADE Error: "No data available for Class OHLCV, MSFT, Daily".

I'm probably doing something stupid, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is?!

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 08 Mar 2011

@Antimatter

To plot OHLC via ADE_PlotOHLC makes sense if you want to plot OHLC-bars from a higher time frame only. So in your case "Weekly,Quarter,Month or Year"-Data only. Therefore you should insert ADE_SaveOHLC in the chart of the higher time frame first.

Regards.

Mike

AntiMatter

Postby AntiMatter » 08 Mar 2011

Ah yes, I'm an idiot. Thanks very much.

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 08 Mar 2011

No one is an idiot after he can spell it ;o).

It was a pleasure to help you.

Mike

eto

Postby eto » 19 May 2011

anyone has the latest ADE/ELCollection ?

TJ

Postby TJ » 19 May 2011

anyone has the latest ADE/ELCollection ?
there have been no changes for the last few years.

eto

Postby eto » 19 May 2011

thanks TJ ..

csharpstudent

Re:

Postby csharpstudent » 13 Mar 2013

The command ListC.ReadFile(ID, FileName) is poorly explained. I finally got it to work and inserted an example of the basic code you need to get it to work. The revised document is included in the attached zip file.

Also this thread
Older Links on this forum seem to be messed up. this one does not work.
viewtopic.php?t=7286
I can not remember but this may be the proper link.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7764
Has a zip file containing a matching script that has great examples of how to use the ELcollections "list of Lists" method of getting data into MC. Speciflcally data which is in a line by line format with "numeric and string" data. Here is what it brings in.
10,M,1,M
5,M,1,M
1,M,10,S
0,M,0,M

This may help.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6919&hilit=ReadFile
@bowlesj3

Thank you. I was sort of looking for help in this direction - Have a csv file in the format of

dd/mm/yyy hh:mm Value1

Would like to pass from PL date and time and search this file and return Value1 into PL.

Read through the documentation and since I am a newbie of newbie to integrating DLLs into PL, and using DLL embedded functions, I am at a loss of how to use a Map of Maps function to do this. I say that because the doc attached has that kind of sample example...

Any help would go a long way...

Thank You

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 15 Mar 2013

Hi csharpstudent

This is the one that probably will help you the most. It uses the List of Lists.
How to get ELcollections to read a 3 field CSV file.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6901

I am curious. Does cSharp mean you are a music student or just a sharp student?

John

TJ

Postby TJ » 15 Mar 2013

Hi csharpstudent

John
or a C# programming student?

csharpstudent

Postby csharpstudent » 15 Mar 2013

Hi csharpstudent

This is the one that probably will help you the most. It uses the List of Lists.
How to get ELcollections to read a 3 field CSV file.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6901

John
Thank you John. It is a reference to C#. Not very creative u/n, I know...

Best

WHM

Postby WHM » 17 Jun 2015

Hi there,

I installed EL Collections and ADE as suggested on MC64 v9.0 and followed the instructions but just can't get it working

I've put the ELCollections.dll for MC64 into C:\Program Files\TS Support\MultiCharts64; Unblocked the .dll (right click\Properties\Unblock); and set MC64.exe and PLE.exe to be run as Administrator.

I imported and compiled everything fine, then added the ADE Generate Class indicator to a workspace to test it out.

I then receive the error message:
Company: Bamboo
Error Location: EL Collections
Error Category: EL Collections Error
Short String: EL Collections Error
Source String: Unable to Open Requested File

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Jun 2015

Hi there,

I installed EL Collections and ADE as suggested on MC64 v9.0 and followed the instructions but just can't get it working

I've put the ELCollections.dll for MC64 into C:\Program Files\TS Support\MultiCharts64; Unblocked the .dll (right click\Properties\Unblock); and set MC64.exe and PLE.exe to be run as Administrator.

I imported and compiled everything fine, then added the ADE Generate Class indicator to a workspace to test it out.

Hello WHM,

Please make sure you are using the 64 bit ELCollections.dll, which can be downloaded from this page: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9870

WHM

Postby WHM » 18 Jun 2015

Hi there,

Hello WHM,

Please make sure you are using the 64 bit ELCollections.dll, which can be downloaded from this page: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9870
Thanks Henry,

I am indeed using the 64 bit ELCollections.dll - just to be sure I deleted the .dll from C:\Program Files\TS Support\MultiCharts64 and re-added it, then re-imported the ELCollections.eld file followed by the AllDataEverywhere.eld into PLE.

Still getting the same error when I add the ADE Generate Class indicator to a workspace...

I've read everything I can find on ELCollections and ADE and can't see that I've missed anything - confirming there's nothing else that needs to be installed, added to to the MultiCharts64.exe directory or imported to PLE in order to make it work?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Jun 2015

Thanks Henry,

I am indeed using the 64 bit ELCollections.dll - just to be sure I deleted the .dll from C:\Program Files\TS Support\MultiCharts64 and re-added it, then re-imported the ELCollections.eld file followed by the AllDataEverywhere.eld into PLE.

Still getting the same error when I add the ADE Generate Class indicator to a workspace...

I've read everything I can find on ELCollections and ADE and can't see that I've missed anything - confirming there's nothing else that needs to be installed, added to to the MultiCharts64.exe directory or imported to PLE in order to make it work?
According to the ADE Generate Class code and "All Data Everywhere.doc" manual:

Code: Select all

if Class <> "" then begin
// Read the user's class specification file (from the ADE\Class directory) into a list.
// Copy the contents of the list into the Members and Params lists as appropriate.
// A line containing "#PARAMS" signals the beginning of the parameters (if any).
// If no parameters are present in the class file, Params will remain zero.
TempList = ListS.New;
Value1 = ListS.ReadFile(TempList, ClassDir + "\" + Class + ".txt");
The study is unable to open the user's class specification file in C:\ADE\Classes\ which most likely does not exist on your PC.

tinlans

Postby tinlans » 21 Dec 2015

Does anyone have the source code of 64-bit ELCollections?

I sometimes get the error "There is no collection with that ID." when I excessively use ADE and want to dig into this issue. My usage is simply: plot indicators from multiple time frames, such as plotting 2min, 10min, 30min and 60min MACDs on a 1min chart. It normally works fine, but sometimes it stops plotting because of the error.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 22 Dec 2015

I have a question for the ADE users... I currently use GV's for sending data from time based charts to non-time based charts and it works great but they only work in RT, no historical data.
Question: is there a way to make ADE send time based data to contract charts (volume charts) in RT with history ???
I know a very old program called PushPop could do it, so I don't see why ADE can't do it..(I haven't found a way to do it yet anyway)..

TJ

Postby TJ » 22 Dec 2015

I have a question for the ADE users... I currently use GV's for sending data from time based charts to non-time based charts and it works great but they only work in RT, no historical data.
Question: is there a way to make ADE send time based data to contract charts (volume charts) in RT with history ???
I know a very old program called PushPop could do it, so I don't see why ADE can't do it..(I haven't found a way to do it yet anyway)..
Can you explain a bit more on what you want to do?
Maybe with an example?

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 22 Dec 2015

I calculate 1 sma of several market sectors(etf's) on a 5 minute chart and I want to send (plot) that average on an ES volume chart, that I trade off of.. Very simple thing.. or should be..

tinlans

Postby tinlans » 23 Dec 2015

After setting up a breakpoint, I found there is something wrong with the ID passed by ListN.Count(). Although the type of ID is double, its value should be always integer, such as 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 and so on; however, it becomes a strange value, such as 3.878631246304e-315.

According to the stack trace, the call path should be:
1. ADE.GetBarInfo (String, String, Numeric, Numeric, Numeric) // line 49
2. ListN.Count (Numeric)
3. ListN.cpp:ListN_Count (IEasyLanguageObject *, double)
4. ListN.h:GetListN (double)
5. Collection.cpp:GetCollection (double) // throw CollectionNotFound

The argument passed to ListN.Count () is a strange floating point value, which had been modified by MapSC.Next (). Hence I have to understand why MapSC.Next () sometimes assigns a strange value to its 3rd parameter, but it will take a lot of time.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Dec 2015

Hello tinlans,

Please send me the dll you are using, source code/solution you are debugging, workspace, PL study and data for replicating this behavior on our end.

bensat

Postby bensat » 15 Jan 2016

If I understand you correct you want to share 15min Data into a let say 500 contract chart for the same symbol. You can do this in ADE/ELC the normal way ...

I hope I got you right. Btw why you do not avoid EL wrapper functions by calling the GlobalVariable.dll directly ? This way you will be able to work with history as well ...

Regards.

Ben

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 15 Jan 2016

Ben: You said- Btw why you do not avoid EL wrapper functions by calling the GlobalVariable.dll directly ? This way you will be able to work with history as well ...
"This sounds perfect but I'm not a programmer- any chance that you could give a very basic example ? (just sending the close from one chart type to another just by calling the .DLL directly)..
(and Yes, you understood Exactly what I wanted).
Steve

nazad

Postby nazad » 24 May 2018

Hello tinlans,

Please send me the dll you are using, source code/solution you are debugging, workspace, PL study and data for replicating this behavior on our end.

Was this issue ever resolved? I've started to use ADE and am seeing this problem quite often. It almost makes the API unusable in some situations. I believe I'm following the documentation and am using it as intended. Just keep getting this error, as described by tinlans, "There is no collection with that ID."

waveslider

Re: ADE, ELcollections, and GlobalVariables

Postby waveslider » 13 Jun 2018

I am also getting the error "Can't find dll "elcollections.dll""
I have it installed in the proper folder as identified.
Please assist

TJ

Postby TJ » 13 Jun 2018

I am also getting the error "Can't find dll "elcollections.dll""
I have it installed in the proper folder as identified.
Please assist

Which version are you using? 32-bit? or 64-bit?

waveslider

64Bit and I have the 64Bit version located in the TSSupport folder.
Are you using it successfully?

TJ

Postby TJ » 13 Jun 2018

64Bit and I have the 64Bit version located in the TSSupport folder.
Are you using it successfully?

Please be precise, you must save the files to this folder

Program Files\TS Support\MultiCharts64

waveslider

Multicharts is installed on my D: drive so the location of the file is: D:\Multicharts\TS Support.
I have also placed it here: D:\Multicharts\TS Support\MultiCharts64
and here: D:\Multicharts\TS Support\MultiCharts64\11.0.14943.400
and here also: C:\Program Files\TS Support\MultiCharts64

I have not yet restarted the platform, so we'll see if that helps things

waveslider

Postby waveslider » 19 Jun 2018

Didn't help - any tips?

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 19 Jun 2018

Didn't help - any tips?
I tried running an old script that was using the ELcollections. I am running MC 64 bit. I got the error could not find the dll. I checked C:\Program Files\TS Support\MultiCharts64 and there was a dll in there. It seems that the dll was 32 bit because I checked the size against the old 32 bit copy I had and it ws exactly the same size at 436 kb. I can not remember if I moved that dll into the C:\Program Files\TS Support\MultiCharts64 or not (maybe). So I went to the link below at the 2nd post where it is in quotes and I downloaded the 64 bit dll and put it in the C:\Program Files\TS Support\MultiCharts64 directory and the script now finds the dll properly. The file size is 622 KB.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10094&p=48319#p48320

I have not run the script yet to see if the dll actually functions. I assume it does.

Jonny473

Postby Jonny473 » 09 Aug 2018

Desperate using ADE!!

All I am trying to is pass information (indicator value, Symbol data) from a higher timeframe to a another chart, where this data is received and further processed (strategy is build around this) similar to this example (taken from TS forum)
Sender (applied as indicator):

Inputs:
UseFile(ADE.UseFile); // default UseFile is returned by ADE.UseFile function

Vars:
Class("PatternChecker"), // unique name for this pattern detection ADE indicator
InfoMap(MapSN.New), // we will use this map to pass data to ADE.PutBarInfo
WriteOk(true),
PatternDetected(0);

// If UseFile is true, load any previously stored data from the file on the first bar.
if CurrentBar = 1 and UseFile then
Value1 = ADE.OpenMap(Class, GetSymbolName, ADE.BarInterval);

// See if your pattern is detected
If (pattern is detected) then PatternDetected=1 else PatternDetected=0;

// Store the indicator values in InfoMap so that we can pass it to ADE.PutBarInfo
Value1 = MapSN.Put(InfoMap, "MyPattern", PatternDetected);

// Store the data for this symbol and bar interval.
// ADE.PutBarInfo will copy the information from our InfoMap into the appropriate DataMap.
Value1 = ADE.PutBarInfo(Class, GetSymbolName, ADE.BarInterval, ADE.BarID, InfoMap);

// If UseFile is true, save the data to the file on the last bar.
if LastBarOnChart and UseFile and WriteOk then begin
Value1 = ADE.SaveMap(Class, GetSymbolName, ADE.BarInterval);
WriteOk = false; // prevent repeated writes on new bars
end;

Plot1(0); // include a Plot statement so we can use this indicator in RadarScreen

Receiver (inserted into strategy code):

Vars:
Class("PatternChecker"), //using the same name from the indicator
InfoMap(MapSN.New),
PatternDetected(0);

Value1=ADE.GetBarInfo(Class, GetSymbolName, ADE.Daily, ADE.BarID, InfoMap);
PatternDetected=MapSN.Get(InfoMap, "MyPattern");

So I have a strategy run on Daily, when this strategy is „on“ (Patterndetected=true) else Patterndetected=false. This info is sent to my other chart, where my signal/ strategy comes into play taken both the Daily signal (Patterndetected=true/ Patterndetected=false) and my strategy fort he smaller timeframe into consideration.
This works kind of, but when I try to optimize(just trying to optimize my strategy on the smaller timeframe as the values for the Daily are fixed and taken from ADE csv anyhow) this is error message is shown.
„ There is no collection with that ID“

I am desperate now. I installed ELcollections, ADE in various versions, even this installer for 2.01 I found here from Bamboo: https://community.TS.com/Disc ... 397&Page=1

What should I do now? I there a clear instruction what to install in what order and version to make it work in MC?
I know this error occured before with other users (mentioned here on the forum). Unfortunately nothing is mentioned about a solution.
What about Global Variables? Did I forget installing the newest version, does it even matter for ADE? Would the GV also do the job described above? Whats the more robust solution?
According to this post from damageboy viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2483&p=129593&hilit=ade#p129593
GV is not needed to make it work.

I just want to get this to work now, please help!!

Jonny473

Postby Jonny473 » 09 Aug 2018

Henry helped me to solve this. Cant attach the file for whatever reason, but ask for One_Thread_For_Optimization.reg file!

Zoakes

Postby Zoakes » 02 Aug 2020

Hey guys -- This is a pretty old thread, but I'm getting a 'cannot find globalvariables.dll' error whenever I use even the basic examples -- it's installed in the proper folder, installed the eld file in MC, don't know what's wrong. I've followed all instructions, downloaded a few different versions and tried, no idea here. Please help : )

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 03 Aug 2020

If you followed all the correct procedures odds are it would be working now because it has for hundreds to thousands in the past. Therefore logically there is some little detail you missed or something. So you have to give all the little details of what you did so that other eyes can find the problem. Include the details of things you have tried too.

Normally GVs are in the same directory as the multicharts executable. However if you go into the GV wrapper functions you can set another folder. You also get this error if you are running 64 bit and you have the 32 bit GVs or vise-versa. So what is the detail here. Show the folder it is located in. Show the wrapper function folder. Show the dll size (they are different).

kelvinhui9

Postby kelvinhui9 » 22 Mar 2021

I am aware that for Chinese Multichart ver. got a GV-Plus is released in which it is an upgrade of GV which allows real time data transfer with backtest function. Will this feature be added to Multichart International Version later on?

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 12 Oct 2021

Hello Kelvin,

We are not aware of the GV-plus functionality in the Chinese version.
All the features of the Chinese version shall be available in the English version of MultiCharts.

Return to “User Contributed Studies and Indicator Library”