Trading from Multiple Charts on One Instrument

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Shaman

Trading from Multiple Charts on One Instrument

Postby Shaman » 13 Aug 2019

Hi!

I need to run several strategies on one symbol. Rather, some of these strategies are unique, but there are also those that I need to run several instances of the same strategy, but with different parameter settings. This is necessary to reduce drawdown.

I have studied related documentation articles on this topic.
(https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... Instrument etc.)
I corresponded for a long time with technical support. But unfortunately, I still did not understand what should be done to trade one instrument in different strategies.

I understand that if strategy A goes long and strategy B goes short, then the broker will have a zero position. This is not scary. This is normal. This is mathematically correct, and warranty coverage is also reduced. The main thing is that the strategies do not interfere with each other's work. And as I understand technical support and documentation - there are problems and risks with this. Therefore, developers do not recommend trading different strategies on one symbol.

Or recommend creating a broker subaccount for each strategy, which is unacceptable to me because of the technical limitations of the connector to my brokerage terminal (quik).

To admit to me all this was a very unpleasant surprise. I know algo-traders who trade several dozen strategies at the same time. And some of them are on one instrument. I also expected to do the same.

I need your help!

TJ

Re: Trading from Multiple Charts on One Instrument

Postby TJ » 13 Aug 2019

What is your question?

Salzburg

Postby Salzburg » 15 Aug 2019

Would not the whole issue with the problematic part of running several strategies on same symbol be possible to solve in an easy way, if one could set separate accounts in properties for the chart, so you could chose one trading IB account for SHORT, and another one for LONG positions... i also agree even thought the threadstarters question might be not clear, that handling multiple strategies trading on same symbol can be very problematic unless you run all strategies on separate accounts, however this is not really doable when perhaps running 10 strategies on same symbol... My suggestion would need just two accounts one long and one short account, instead of 10 different accounts if you run 10 different strategies on same symbol.

Shaman

Postby Shaman » 17 Aug 2019

... My suggestion would need just two accounts one long and one short account, instead of 10 different accounts if you run 10 different strategies on same symbol.
thanks for the help!

Shaman

Postby Shaman » 17 Aug 2019

What is your question?
I am just a novice user. Therefore, part of my questions and problems is solely due to the lack of experience. I got advice from tech support - not to make several strategies trading with one symbol. After reading several materials on this topic, I realized that there really are problems with this. But since I'm just a novice user, I can’t understand all the problems in detail.

Therefore, my question was - are there among trading traders those who launch several strategies with one symbol and which they can give me key recommendations to avoid problems.

I am currently on a business trip and do not have access to my home computer. When I return, I will try to do laboratory research on the simplest strategy - to understand in more detail exactly what problems arise. And then I can ask more specific questions.

Thanks you!

Return to “MultiCharts”