Minute bar related question

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
vking

Minute bar related question

Postby vking » 28 Feb 2012

Hello MC Team - I am using hourly chart in TS & MC. However as you can see last few bars doesn't match up ( same TS feed used in MC). Noticed in TS - there is a setting called "Use Natural Hours to build bar" which seems to be the one I want to use. Don't see the equivalent in MC and could be causing this bars mis-match. Would you please review and suggest - what should I do in MC to get the match for these hourly bars between TS & MC?

Thanks.
Attachments
TS_NaturalHours.jpg
Natural Hours setting in TS
(52.27 KiB) Downloaded 527 times
MC_Bars.jpg
Hourly Chart in MC
(56.96 KiB) Downloaded 521 times
TS_Bars.jpg
Hourly Chart in TS with natural hours
(43.5 KiB) Downloaded 522 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Minute bar related question

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Feb 2012

Hello Vking,

In MultiCharts there is no similar option to "Use Natural Hours to build bar".
Please do not use that option in TS and make sure that the symbol sessions in TS and MultiCharts are the same. Then plot a new chart for the symbol.
Reload the chart using Ctrl+R if there are any chart differences.

vking

Postby vking » 01 Mar 2012

Henry - 24x7 exchange has solved the issue for time being. However this has the disadvantages for unable to detect the actual sessions.

Any recommendation on how to achieve both sessions as well as hourly chart match up between TS & MC?

PS: Really like to have the Natural hours feature of TS for few reasons.

thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Mar 2012

Hello Vking,

You need to add the symbols from the data source.
In the QuoteManager please go to Instrument tab->Add symbol->From data source-> TS. The symbol should be added with the proper settings and sessions.
Do not use "Use Natural Hours to build bar" in TS and the charts should match.

vking

Postby vking » 02 Mar 2012

Henry - My requirement is to use "natural hours mode" rather than regular mode. I have added symbol from Source in quote manager. In this case - I get the sessions correct but the candles doesn't match in TS(using Natural hours mode).

When changed the instrument setting in 24x7 in quote manager - they match the candles but I lose individual sessions.

The important thing for me is to match up the candles(same as TS in natural hours mode(requirement)) - which I am able to do now using 24x7 mode in MC. Wondering if there is any other way for me to get the individual sessions as well into the mix in quote manager.

Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Mar 2012

"Natural hours mode" sets the session start time to a new hour (ex. 00:00 or 9:00).
You can set the symbol sessions the way you need in Quote manager->Edit symbol->Sessions tab->Use custom session.
You can also create a Custom Session Template that can be applied to multiple instruments and charts.

Return to “MultiCharts”