Multicharts Forum and TapaTalk

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
NW27

Multicharts Forum and TapaTalk

Postby NW27 » 29 Feb 2012

Hi,

TapaTalk is a mobile application to go onto Apple iPhone/iPad, Nokia & Android devices.
Basically, it is designed to allow interaction with online forums. Create/Read/Edit & notifications of new posts etc.
Here is a youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ELOO08uC0U

What are the chances of having your forum compatible with TapaTalk?

Neil.

Stan Bokov

Re: Multicharts Forum and TapaTalk

Postby Stan Bokov » 01 Mar 2012

Our forum supports PHPBB already, I don't know what else we need to do to make it compatible with Tapatalk.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 03 Mar 2012

Our forum supports PHPBB already, I don't know what else we need to do to make it compatible with Tapatalk.
Stan, if I may make a suggestion for the forum, would a plugin like Autolink MOD for PHPBB be useful for the forum?

With a plugin like that, it's possible to make certain keywords automatically into a link. For example, if someone types 'barstatus' or 'SessionStartTime' in his post, this word can be automatically be converted to the Wiki's page on these PowerLanguage keywords - quite handy I think. This promotes the wiki use and adds the links to the relevant documentation automatically to the post.

NW27

Postby NW27 » 03 Mar 2012

Stan, if I may make a suggestion for the forum, would a plugin like Autolink MOD for PHPBB be useful for the forum?

With a plugin like that, it's possible to make certain keywords automatically into a link. For example, if someone types 'barstatus' or 'SessionStartTime' in his post, this word can be automatically be converted to the Wiki's page on these PowerLanguage keywords - quite handy I think. This promotes the wiki use and adds the links to the relevant documentation automatically to the post.
Great idea Josh.

Neil.

NW27

Postby NW27 » 03 Mar 2012

Stan,

Have a look on the TapaTalk site. You need to register a plugin on your forum.

Here is some detail from the Q&A area of the Tapatalk site.

Q: Which forum system does it currently support?

A: Currently phpBB3 3.0.x, vBulletin 3.6 to 4.x, xenForo, IPBoard 3.x, SMF 1.1.11+/2.x, MyBB 1.4/1.6, bbPress 1.1/2.0 and Kunena 1.6 are supported. You can also look for other forum system plugin developed by third party developers using Tapatalk API at our Developer Support forum.

Q: How do I activate Tapatalk on my forum?

A: Activation is free of charge. Login to Forum Owner Area to download the Tapatalk Plugin and get started.

Neil.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 13 Mar 2012

For some reason I didn't get notified about new posts in this thread. The Autolink is a good idea, I will forward it to the forum developers.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 02 May 2012

I noticed that not-logged in users can still download post attachments. Can that be changed to only logged-in users? I don't think the indicators and functions that are shared through the 'User Contributed Studies and Indicator Library' subforum are intended for TS users or, even worse, pirated MultiCharts copies.

Better yet, perhaps the 'User Contributed Studies and Indicator Library' should be only read-able for logged-in users -- perhaps that would also encourage more sharing in that subforum. Though I also understand it has some 'advertisement value' that forum, so perhaps 'hiding' it for visitors might be too much. But could you consider making downloads logged-in users only?

swz168

Postby swz168 » 29 Dec 2012

Any chance that Tapatalk will be integrated? Would be great.

arnie

Postby arnie » 30 Dec 2012

Why not close the forum to outsiders?
Why don't make the forum accessed only by registered MC users?

swz168

Postby swz168 » 10 Apr 2013

For some reason I didn't get notified about new posts in this thread. The Autolink is a good idea, I will forward it to the forum developers.
Any update from the forum developers? Tapatalk is perfect to access the forum mobile.

Return to “MultiCharts”