Multicharts 7.4 + Latest IB problem

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
felixtjung

Multicharts 7.4 + Latest IB problem

Postby felixtjung » 13 Mar 2012

Hi,

I've been using multicharts 7.4 with Latest IB on live trading. I found that sometimes, IB reject the bracket order generated by multicharts, when that happens, those order is in fact still active on IB. After that, Multicharts generate a new bracket order again and again causing many active stop loss and profit target order. So, if any stop loss or profit target get hit, position will reverse to massive amount quantity.

Is there any solution to this?

I know it might be IB fault, but perhaps MC could scan through all previous relevant order that's being rejected by IB, and forcefully cancel those order again "just in case"

felixtjung

Re: Multicharts 7.4 + Latest IB problem

Postby felixtjung » 13 Mar 2012

Oh, I'm just wondering if it's possible to get some kind of hotfix for this issue ASAP. Thanks.

rrams

Postby rrams » 15 Mar 2012

Hi felixtjung,
Are both the profit target limit and stop orders getting rejected? Is it when they are far away in price?

Do you mind posting or email your trading code with the way you are implementing bracket orders? I would like to observe it reject an order and try to write a safer template to use. There are so few examples to copy from.

felixtjung

Postby felixtjung » 15 Mar 2012

Hi,

Here's the code which I used.

Code: Select all

if ((marketposition > 0) Or (buy_signal)) then
begin
Sell("RSBuySTarget") From Entry("RSBuyS") Next Bar At NormaliseMinMove(average_entry_price + existing_pt_threshold, minPriceFluctuation) Limit;
Sell("RSBuySStop") From Entry("RSBuyS") Next Bar At NormaliseMinMove(average_entry_price - existing_sl_threshold, minPriceFluctuation) Stop;
end
else if ((marketposition < 0) Or (short_signal)) then
begin
buytocover("RSShortSTarget") From Entry("RSShortS") Next Bar At NormaliseMinMove(average_entry_price - existing_pt_threshold, minPriceFluctuation) Limit;
buytocover("RSShortSStop") From Entry("RSShortS") Next Bar At NormaliseMinMove(average_entry_price + existing_sl_threshold, minPriceFluctuation) Stop;
end;
It works on MC6, e.g. MC6 cancel the bracket order and create a new one, I have never seen my bracket order get rejected when I used MC6.

However, on MC 7.4, the problems happens intermittently about 3-5 times a day (enough to blow up trading account of unwary user I would say), and when the order get rejected, each order is like 10-30 ticks away from the price, I don't think that's the problem, eventually the bracket order get accepted after generating massive number of stray bracket orders though.

felixtjung

Postby felixtjung » 19 Mar 2012

Hi,

Is there any update related to this issue? It's been a week, and there's no a single update about it.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Mar 2012

Please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 11 am EST to demonstrate this behaviour to our engineers.
We will do our best to help you.

Return to “MultiCharts”