MULTICHARTS 8.0 BETA 2

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
admin

MULTICHARTS 8.0 BETA 2

Postby admin » 19 Mar 2012

MultiCharts 8.0 Beta 2 focuses significantly improving user experience in terms of convenience and speed when it comes to working with MultiCharts. A number of features were created from user feature requests – Global Hot Keys, Expert Commentary, access to DOM data from PowerLanguage, many drawing tool improvements, and other additions. Next release is planned to be Release Candidate with bug fixes, and then official MC8 release.

Read more...

[moderator's notes]
if you have been using the 32 bit version, and are installing the 64 bit for the first time, you will need to transfer your data from the 32 bit version to the 64 bit version:
Please do the following:

Close MultiCharts
Go to Quote Manger –> File –> Export Data –> Export All Instruments…
and export daily data for all your symbols into a .qmd file.

Then, import this data into 64 bit Quote Manager.

Tresor

Re: MULTICHARTS 8.0 BETA 2

Postby Tresor » 19 Mar 2012

Drawing tools for each chart: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-180

How to apply them / where to find them?

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 19 Mar 2012

I'm NOT seeing the "Tails" on the Better Renko charts. Is there a "trick" to it ? I don't see "better Renko" as a bar type option, so I assume I have to add "Tails" to the Renko bars to get the Better Renko bars. Is that correct ?

O66

Postby O66 » 19 Mar 2012

Very nice!
thanks

Tresor

Vertical (time) line does not seem to be extendable down to subcharts: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... e_no=MC-59

arnie

Postby arnie » 19 Mar 2012

It seems that the up/down buttons in fib format window are bit off.

Attachments
fib_.gif
(21.86 KiB) Downloaded 13639 times
Last edited by arnie on 20 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Tresor

Dockable OPT's themes are not being saved. Open MC, change themes from black to to e.g. blue, then just close MC, then reopen, and dockable OPT's theme you used last time (blue) is not saved.

Tresor

Needed is a dockable OPT icon for an easy bringing out and closing of the dockable OPT.
Attachments
icon for dockable OPT.jpg
(96.04 KiB) Downloaded 11105 times

SP

Postby SP » 19 Mar 2012

Tick by Tick replay does not work for subminute charts (Tick, Contract..). Only the close of the bar is displayed.

Thanks for the Market Depth on Chart.

arnie

Postby arnie » 19 Mar 2012

Is it me or MC8 64bit is consuming much more memory then 7.4?

Using the same workspace , MC (version 7.4) is consuming 155Mb and tsServer 118Mb.
When using version 8 64bit, MC is consuming 222Mb and tsServer 286Mb.

TJ

Postby TJ » 19 Mar 2012

Using the same workspace , MC (version 7.4) is consuming 155Mb and tsServer 118Mb.
I don't know... but peanuts in the total scheme of things.

My empty MultiCharts (no wsp loaded) stands at 126mb,
and TsServer at 53mb.

Xyzzy

Postby Xyzzy » 20 Mar 2012

When I turned autotrading on for IB tonight, I received a weird audio voice, "Connecting... Connected." Was this part of MC 8.0 Beta 2?

If so, please please please turn this off! This is incredibly annoying. I don't need a speech synthesizer to tell me whether or not I'm connected to my broker. It seems like a bad video game from the 1980s. Please focus on the things that are important.

arnie

Postby arnie » 20 Mar 2012

I've made a video where we can compare MC better renko (lower chart) with another software house (above chart).

Is it possible to build renko bars the same way the other software does, meaning, while building the bar we can see the wick and the bar itself instead of only seeing a dash?
Maybe that's why we can see some bars being only dashes instead of an actually bar when compared to the above chart.

http://www.screencast.com/t/lHgpLjiGmn

arnie

When I turned autotrading on for IB tonight, I received a weird audio voice, "Connecting... Connected." Was this part of MC 8.0 Beta 2?

If so, please please please turn this off! This is incredibly annoying. I don't need a speech synthesizer to tell me whether or not I'm connected to my broker. It seems like a bad video game from the 1980s. Please focus on the things that are important.
Actually that is a very nice feature.
You can easily disconnect the alerts feature by right mouse button on chart trading window.

Attachments
alerts_off.gif
(23.41 KiB) Downloaded 13549 times

arnie

Maybe this is unrelated but...

Usually my CPU usage is around 1 to 2% when no program is opened and today my CPU is at 30%. The only difference from yesterday was MC8 64bit be installed. I've already uninstalled it, but I continue to have my CPU at 30%.

I just can't figure out what is happening here. Any ideas?

Regards,
Fernando

SP

Postby SP » 20 Mar 2012

I'm NOT seeing the "Tails" on the Better Renko charts. Is there a "trick" to it ? I don't see "better Renko" as a bar type option, so I assume I have to add "Tails" to the Renko bars to get the Better Renko bars. Is that correct ?
Seems that tab "Settings"-> Renko-> Show Wick and tab "Style"->Chart Type->Candlestick does the job.

arnie

Maybe this is unrelated but...

Usually my CPU usage is around 1 to 2% when no program is opened and today my CPU is at 30%. The only difference from yesterday was MC8 64bit be installed. I've already uninstalled it, but I continue to have my CPU at 30%.

I just can't figure out what is happening here. Any ideas?

Regards,
Fernando
Just found out what is happening here...
Apparently my PC tower or motherboard microphone connection has some type of problem since everytime I connect the mic to it the CPU usage jumps.

You gotta love computers...

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 20 Mar 2012

Arnie, did you manage to get ''drawing tools for each chart'' operational? How to do it?

arnie

Arnie, did you manage to get ''drawing tools for each chart'' operational? How to do it?
Hi Tresor.

Well, I don't know what they did exactly with that feature. What I did find was a menu right clicking the mouse called "Insert Drawing" where you have access to all drawing tools.

Maybe instead of an actual box with drawing tool buttons, they created a simple menu which is not the most speedy way, but then again, with the global shortcuts feature we can easily choose a shortcut for our most used drawings.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 20 Mar 2012

Seems that tab "Settings"-> Renko-> Show Wick and tab "Style"->Chart Type->Candlestick does the job.
It's in the What's New.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 20 Mar 2012

Drawing tools for each chart: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-180

How to apply them / where to find them?
Tresor,

As it is written in the comment to this feature request in the Project Management, it is connected with resolution of MC-86 issue: using hotkeys you can place drawings on any monitor in a multi-monitor setup so you won't have to move the mouse between multiple monitors. You can access Hot Keys configuration window from File -> Keyboard Shortcuts.

Dave Masalov

I've made a video where we can compare MC better renko (lower chart) with another software house (above chart).

Is it possible to build renko bars the same way the other software does, meaning, while building the bar we can see the wick and the bar itself instead of only seeing a dash?
Maybe that's why we can see some bars being only dashes instead of an actually bar when compared to the above chart.

http://www.screencast.com/t/lHgpLjiGmn
Arnie,

Thank you for your suggestion. It has been added to our to-do list.

Dave Masalov

Dockable OPT's themes are not being saved. Open MC, change themes from black to to e.g. blue, then just close MC, then reopen, and dockable OPT's theme you used last time (blue) is not saved.
It seems that the up/down buttons in fib format window are bit off.
Tick by Tick replay does not work for subminute charts (Tick, Contract..). Only the close of the bar is displayed.
These issues have been confirmed and added to our fix list. Thank you for reporting.

Dave Masalov

arnie,

It sounds normal. 64 bit processes memory consumption is different from 32 bit.

Dave Masalov

Needed is a dockable OPT icon for an easy bringing out and closing of the dockable OPT.
Tresor,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider it for future implementation.
Vertical (time) line does not seem to be extendable down to subcharts: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... e_no=MC-59
This feature request has been postponed to the next version.

arnie

I tried to plot the Market Depth on Chart study, but received the "level2 data not available" warning.

What am I missing? I'm receiving data on the DOM without any problem.

Where is the study collecting the data, from the broker (IB) or the data feed (IQFeed)?

trader39

Postby trader39 » 20 Mar 2012

MC64 Beta2 seems sluggish versus pre-beta. Just installed MC64 Beta2 after running the MC64 pre-beta version happily since January 15th. I am finding charts lagging when they did not before, and more disturbing, there is sometimes no indication that a chart may be lagging unless I compare the last price to my quote platform. Is there a way to shut off logging or some of the new features so that Beta 2 runs multiple tick charts real time as fast as MC64 pre-beta?

(Sorry, I did not mean to start a new thread with this but rather just to post it here.)

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 20 Mar 2012

I think I am going to have to roll back to the version before the chart format window was changed to a percentage of chart out front rather than number of bars out front. The problem is I have stuff out front of the bars that is critical and if I change the bar spacing to a wider spacing for triggering (which I do every time) it vanishes from view on me. The code puts this stuff out front using number of bars calculation using time and this works out perfectly for the number of bars out front approach. Before this change I never had a problem. Now it is a really big problem. This is the type of change that needs to be an option. If the number of bars out front option is not available in the future as one of two options I may be stopping all upgrades from now on unfortunately. I have said it many times before, MC needs to have big changes like this as options rather than the new norm.
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 21 Mar 2012, edited 2 times in total.

TJ

Postby TJ » 20 Mar 2012

I have many indicators that plots and draws in the "future" white space.
Any changes will create unmanageable havoc to my signals.

Please keep any "new" infrastructure changes as an option.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 20 Mar 2012

John,

It seems my happiness is your disaster. I am finding the current way of setting the right margin much better than the old one.

I do agree the optional solution is needed then.

arnie

John,

It seems my happiness is your disaster. I am finding the current way of setting the right margin much better than the old one.

Yeah, same here. I do prefer this way too.
But I agree with John and TJ, an option is always advised when changes are made in MC main infrastructures.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 20 Mar 2012

I have said it many times before, MC needs to have big changes like this as options rather than the new norm (..)
Totally agree here, and if I remember correctly the same discussion was done about the "Skip Identical Ticks" option - a new feature which also was enabled by default.

Thanks for mention it here though guys for the rest of us, now I know updating to MC8 might be a 'little' more time consuming than I first thought beforehand.

bowlesj3

Hi Guys,

I am thanking everyone for the "Options" suggestion.

Maybe I should expose how I use the out front portion of the chart. It will really drive home just how big a change this is.

Code: Select all

1/ I have the band locations out front as text (useful bounces)
(they get a box if a bounce exists)
I can arm them for trigger simply by touching them (using MS_GetActive).
2/ My RSI bounce recalculated to price (used in closest bounce calc).
I can arm the RSI for trigger.
3/ My worst case senario bounce and the wave size off that bounce to ensure I unhook
(if I hook which I do about once every day or two).
So I have a vertical stop line and a vertical unhook line and they must overlap
so I know I will not likely take a loss (my program blocks the trade if they do not overlap
at fire time but I always do a visual on them).
4/ My stop position, target position, and entry positions (before entry)
5/ My bracket positions form the TWS bracket. A dotted line shows my change and
a solid lone replaces it after I transmit on TWS.
6/ I have my projections for the waves out front and my net projection.
(I am not allowed to go against the net projection direction).
(I can check box what waves I want included).
7/ Minutes/Seconds I have been in the trade is out front (I do use it a bit).
8/ If I want to float a wave arrow out front I put it there (does a constant recalc of projection)
If my parent wave arrow is out front I can not take entry until a bounce occurs.
I pull it in and lock it when the child wave confirms with a forward break.
9/ I am sure I have forgotten at least 2 things and I am sure I will put more out there.
A/ full length vertical lines for end of trading day and key economic announcements.
So it is pretty critical to the way I trade. I can't have this info vanishing on me.
I frequently press buttons which send key strokes out to change the bar spacing on the two charts that have the info out front (1 minute bars and 10 second bars). Some of the info is duplicated on both.

I am back to 7.4 (build 4953) now and back up and running as I have been ever since MC 2.1. I bought MC because I could not keep track of the band info using Qcharts so I came up with the idea of creating columns out front (I missed a triple bounce trade and that did it). I emailed the Omega list asking if I could do this with TS. Someone said MC could do this. If it was not for this fixed bars out front feature I may not have even found MC (or kept it). So it is a great feature to have bar count for right margin. I am all for other options but but the original should be the default.
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 21 Mar 2012, edited 9 times in total.

arnie

Why there's an horizontal scroll in the DOM when it's docked?

Please tell me that it's already prepared to receive the cumulative/volume profile :P

Attachments
DOM_docked.gif
(23.6 KiB) Downloaded 13812 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 20 Mar 2012

I have said it many times before, MC needs to have big changes like this as options rather than the new norm (..)
Totally agree here, and if I remember correctly the same discussion was done about the "Skip Identical Ticks" option - a new feature which also was enabled by default.

Thanks for mention it here though guys for the rest of us, now I know updating to MC8 might be a 'little' more time consuming than I first thought beforehand.

"Skip Identical Ticks" is another new default that concerns me.
On the surface it will only affect a small portion of ticks per day,
theoretically and statistically speaking, probably it will only affect a small portion of traders.
But just because the affect is small, doesn't make it ok to change without prior consultation.

I am still on v7.0, and I am reluctant to upgrade to v7.4 because I don't know how it will impact my trading.
Probably nothing will happen, or even if something is affected, I won't be able to quickly pinpoint the problem to the ticks, and make immediate corrective actions.

It is not just a change, but it is the unexpected that causes a lot worry and anxiety.

bowlesj3

I just found the request for percentage change in the right margin.

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-400

This comes right back to my request for a way to keep track of our votes so we can go looking for things to vote on and also to add comments to regardings keeping things as options. I will pull in the link to this. If MC_Support really pushes for these "My Votes" features in the bug tracker this would also help avoid their loosing very valuable features that need to be reinstated. I don't really have time to go through a very large number of requests until these My Votes features are in place just so I can vote for them or suggest that such and such should be an option so existing functionality is not lost.

A refresher on the "My Votes" lists.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9252&p=44410&hilit=My+votes#p44410

If the 3rd party company ever puts the "My Votes" idea in I will immediately go searching through the areas I use and keep my votes up to date as a weekly routine.

What is kind of interesting about the request above is on my notebook I have the right margin basically set to zero since all the right hand stuff in the day trading charts is for live trading. I do not need any of it for reviewing charts after hours.
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 21 Mar 2012, edited 11 times in total.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 20 Mar 2012

I think the safest thing for MC to do with new features, is to have the default = OFF.
Let the users determine if they want to use them..

iso

Postby iso » 20 Mar 2012

I can't seem to find the hotkey to set up "show candlestick" and "show hlc bar". I also don't see an icon for them on the toolbar. How can I set this up?

Thanks

bowlesj3

I think the safest thing for MC to do with new features, is to have the default = OFF.
Let the users determine if they want to use them..
Agreed. If it is made default on a warning should be in place. Ideally (after a new release install), MC should act for the user exactly as it did the last time they ran it (turning on any old options they had turned on). Any new options they have to turn on and it will remember them for the next upgrade. Maybe it could remember the old options if they have to roll back (even roll back 2 releases).
It is not just a change, but it is the unexpected that causes a lot worry and anxiety.
I think this is why I stayed back for a while until the IB data problem occurred today.
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 20 Mar 2012, edited 3 times in total.

momentum

Postby momentum » 20 Mar 2012

After upgrade from beta to 2, on every restart of MC I am getting two consecutive errors that sends an alert and a dump to you. Not sure how much that comrimises the MC session I have running.

momentum

Postby momentum » 21 Mar 2012

Resolved
Last edited by momentum on 21 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.

momentum

Postby momentum » 21 Mar 2012

Opening FORMAT/SIGNAL/OPEN SCRIPT sometimes crashes MultiCharts. The PowerEditor then opens showing the script.

konstantin

Postby konstantin » 21 Mar 2012

............. Next release is planned to be Release Candidate with bug fixes, and then official MC8 release.
[/quote]

I would vote for more and faster Betas with bug fixes.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 21 Mar 2012

Even though I feel the ideas in the bug tracker entry should and probably will be carried out, I have decided the bug tracker entry should be removed since it is better to be supportive of a great product. I feel the issue is in fact resolved.
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 21 Mar 2012, edited 5 times in total.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 21 Mar 2012

Even though I feel the ideas in the bug tracker entry should and probably will be carried out, I have decided the bug tracker entry should be removed since it is better to be supportive of a great product. I feel the issue is in fact resolved.
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 21 Mar 2012, edited 5 times in total.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 21 Mar 2012

A coversation with MIG Bank rep. I think MC is an unknown area for the reps.

Is MIG Bank data sent to MC via FIX API?
Attachments
no for the moment.jpg
(75.52 KiB) Downloaded 11003 times

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 21 Mar 2012

I tried to plot the Market Depth on Chart study, but received the "level2 data not available" warning.

Where is the study collecting the data, from the broker (IB) or the data feed (IQFeed)?
arnie,

At the moment you can get level2 data on the chart only if your data provider and broker are the same (i.e. you should be able to get level2 data from IB on IB chart).

Dave Masalov

I am going to create a bug tracker entry for the ideas in the post above with link (maybe tonight)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10164#p48879
That way we can vote on on the ideas in one central location.
I can also get it off my mind.

I may include the 3 examples I know of to help explain it.
1/ Option: window right margin - percentage or bar fixed(default)
2/ Option: skipping same price ticks or not (not as default since it is industry standard)
3/ Option: MC_TL/Arw/Text)_GetActive set (default does not really apply here).
John,

We wil make right margin - percentage or bar fixed option in the next version. It is a Beta version, I am sure everybody is aware about the difference between Beta and Release versions. Since it is a Beta we are testing new features in it. In this particular case new right margin setting was a result of MultiCharts and MultiCharts LMAX merge.

Next time please contact us directly to avoid a large number of posts with similar text which makes it hard for other users to navigate through this thread.

arnie

Postby arnie » 21 Mar 2012

arnie,

At the moment you can get level2 data on the chart only if your data provider and broker are the same (i.e. you should be able to get level2 data from IB on IB chart).

Are you saying that if I have a study that do some calculations using DOM bid/ask data on an IQFeed chart it will not be calculated?

If so, can you tell me when will it be available since I do not use IB as data provider.

Regards,
Fernando

Dave Masalov

I can't seem to find the hotkey to set up "show candlestick" and "show hlc bar". I also don't see an icon for them on the toolbar. How can I set this up?

Thanks
These options are not available at the moment. "Show candlestick" and "show hlc bar" shortcut commands will be added in the next version.

Dave Masalov

Why there's an horizontal scroll in the DOM when it's docked?

Please tell me that it's already prepared to receive the cumulative/volume profile :P

arnie,

This is normal. Minimal width of dockable windows is less than minimal width of the DOM.

Dave Masalov

Opening FORMAT/SIGNAL/OPEN SCRIPT sometimes crashes MultiCharts. The PowerEditor then opens showing the script.
momentum,

Please come to our Live Chat after reproducing the issue but before restarting MultiCharts Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 4 PM EST we can collect all necessary logs and dump files: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

Dave Masalov

A coversation with MIG Bank rep. I think MC is an unknown area for the reps.

Is MIG Bank data sent to MC via FIX API?
Yes, FIX connection is used. We have contacted MIG Bank regarding this situation. Thank you for reporting.

Tresor

Yes, FIX connection is used.
This means no historical data and no backfill. Pity.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Mar 2012

MC64 Beta2 seems sluggish versus pre-beta. Just installed MC64 Beta2 after running the MC64 pre-beta version happily since January 15th. I am finding charts lagging when they did not before, and more disturbing, there is sometimes no indication that a chart may be lagging unless I compare the last price to my quote platform. Is there a way to shut off logging or some of the new features so that Beta 2 runs multiple tick charts real time as fast as MC64 pre-beta?

(Sorry, I did not mean to start a new thread with this but rather just to post it here.)
This conversation continued in a separate thread.

h4nk

Postby h4nk » 21 Mar 2012

I like the new sound feature. Can you turn off certain sounds and leave the rest turned on?

Tresor

Chart shift needs improvement. Explained in pictures which should be viewed in 1-2-3 sequence.
Attachments
1.jpg
(95.14 KiB) Downloaded 11042 times
2.jpg
(107.02 KiB) Downloaded 11011 times
3.jpg
(98.21 KiB) Downloaded 11012 times

momentum

Postby momentum » 22 Mar 2012

23Mar12a.jpg[/attachment]Backtesting assumption that price needs to pass through a limit price is being ignored. Exit had an 8 tick limit and exited at 8 ticks profit but the 8th tick was the high. See pic. Often happens.
Attachments
MC 23Mar12a.jpg
(108.55 KiB) Downloaded 10981 times

NW27

Postby NW27 » 23 Mar 2012

I like the new sound feature. Can you turn off certain sounds and leave the rest turned on?
Ditto to both.

Having the nice lady tell you that your Trailing stop is getting moved get's to be a bit of a pain.
Only a bit because it means I'm making money ;)

Neil.

momentum

Postby momentum » 23 Mar 2012

Getting white screen often on a restart of MC - pic
Attachments
MC23Mar2012.jpg
(158.43 KiB) Downloaded 10983 times

momentum

Audio Alert "Play Once" sounds continuously. When Strategy is turned off, audio stops but starts again immediately strategy is turned on even when there is no new trade signaled.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 23 Mar 2012

Chart shift needs improvement. Explained in pictures which should be viewed in 1-2-3 sequence.
Tresor,

The issue has been confirmed and added to our fix list. Thank you for reporting.

Dave Masalov

23Mar12a.jpg[/attachment]Backtesting assumption that price needs to pass through a limit price is being ignored. Exit had an 8 tick limit and exited at 8 ticks profit but the 8th tick was the high. See pic. Often happens.
momentum,

Please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 11 AM EST so we can investigate the issue on your end: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

Dave Masalov

Getting white screen often on a restart of MC - pic
Please come to our Live Chat once the issue occurs (but before restarting MC) so we can collect all necessary dump files.

Dave Masalov

Ditto to both.

Having the nice lady tell you that your Trailing stop is getting moved get's to be a bit of a pain.
Only a bit because it means I'm making money ;)

Neil.
Sound Alerts sounds can be configured in Windows Control Panel -> Sound -> Sounds -> Program Events -> MultiCharts. You can select a custom sound file for any of the events.

arnie

Postby arnie » 23 Mar 2012

Although having the Sound Alerts checked, I'm no longer hear the alerts (I image a pretty sexy lady, like... Angelina Jolie :) ).

What happened?
If I'm not mistaken, since I unchecked the Sound Alerts and checked it again I lost the sound on them.

Also, going to Windows Control Panel -> Sound -> Sounds -> Program Events -> MultiCharts there's no sound associated with each alert. Shouldn't be?

Dave Masalov

Although having the Sound Alerts checked, I'm no longer hear the alerts (I image a pretty sexy lady, like... Angelina Jolie :) ).

What happened?
If I'm not mistaken, since I unchecked the Sound Alerts and checked it again I lost the sound on them.

Also, going to Windows Control Panel -> Sound -> Sounds -> Program Events -> MultiCharts there's no sound associated with each alert. Shouldn't be?
arnie,

Please try to Repair MultiCharts: Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> MultiCharts -> Remove/Repair -> Repair.

trader39

Postby trader39 » 23 Mar 2012

When more than 65 lines are present, the scanner will not allow additional instruments to be added by typing directly in the instrument column. Rather the more cumbersome "insert instrument" procedure must be used. Also, with more than 65, the last instrument on the list is not numbered even when "numbered" is selected.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 23 Mar 2012

Even more bizarre, I get the ladies voice when MC and TWS are closed ! I keep getting a connected or disconnected, verbal message..
(I just turn the sound off, but I don't understand why it happens)..

Jesh

Postby Jesh » 23 Mar 2012

I have an issue, when I'm using the new Renko bars the chart is not moving with live data. When I refresh with ctrl + R, new data is loaded. Is this a known problem? I am using IQ feed for the data.

arnie

Postby arnie » 23 Mar 2012

I have an issue, when I'm using the new Renko bars the chart is not moving with live data. When I refresh with ctrl + R, new data is loaded. Is this a known problem? I am using IQ feed for the data.
Hi.

I'm also using IQFeed and I have no problem what so ever with realtime data when using renko charts.

There's an already known bug that the developers are working on, but as far as I'm aware, it does not make the bars not updating realtime.

I advise you contact them via chat so they connect to your MC and see what is happening.

momentum

Arnie, whats the known bug?

arnie

Postby arnie » 24 Mar 2012

Above 1 tick box size (in case of ES that would be above 0,25) the boxes themselves are not being plotted/calculated (?) correctly.

SP

Postby SP » 24 Mar 2012

Sound Alerts sounds can be configured in Windows Control Panel -> Sound -> Sounds -> Program Events -> MultiCharts. You can select a custom sound file for any of the events.
Dave,
if a order is filled the voice says Order submitted -> Position opened. Could i change that in Order filled -> Position opened ?

momentum

Postby momentum » 25 Mar 2012

Above 1 tick box size (in case of ES that would be above 0,25) the boxes themselves are not being plotted/calculated (?) correctly.
I'm not seeing this issue in Build 5203 on either FDAX, CL or 6E using a variety of brick sizes with the Show Wick and the other two options ticked.

arnie

Postby arnie » 25 Mar 2012

I'm not seeing this issue in Build 5203 on either FDAX, CL or 6E using a variety of brick sizes with the Show Wick and the other two options ticked.
You will not see the problem since the problem is not seen on the charts themselves. The problem is only seen when you compare MC charts with others chart platforms. While other chart platforms are consistent when changing the brick size, MC is not.

Truth be told, I only noticed this with ES. I did not test with any other symbol. It even might be a problem related only to ES and how it is quoted.

But no worries, developers already confirmed the bug and are working on it.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Mar 2012

When more than 65 lines are present, the scanner will not allow additional instruments to be added by typing directly in the instrument column. Rather the more cumbersome "insert instrument" procedure must be used. Also, with more than 65, the last instrument on the list is not numbered even when "numbered" is selected.
Could you please describe the sequence of actions leading to the issue? What are the steps to reproduce the issue?
Are you running 32 bit or 64 bit beta 2 ?

Henry MultiСharts

Do you have a delayed data subscription?

Does the problem appear only when you are using the New Renko bars?
In Multicharts please go to File tab->Preferences->Data server mode
Make sure you are in online mode, "download missing historical data" is enabled

If you still have the issue - please send us your workspace at support@multicharts.com
Last edited by Henry MultiСharts on 27 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Henry MultiСharts

Even more bizarre, I get the ladies voice when MC and TWS are closed ! I keep getting a connected or disconnected, verbal message..
(I just turn the sound off, but I don't understand why it happens)..
Have you double checked that all processes are finished in the Task manager after MC and all of its applications were closed?
atCenterServer.exe
Fixserver.exe
MultiCharts.exe
MessageCenter.exe
PLEditor.exe
QuoteManager.exe
StudyServer.exe
tsServer.exe
TradingServer.exe
TPserver.exe
ZfServer.exe
ZfServerProxyV3.exe
Please end the processes if they are still running after MC close.

Henry MultiСharts

Dave,
if a order is filled the voice says Order submitted -> Position opened. Could i change that in Order filled -> Position opened ?
Do you mean vice versa ?
Change Order filled trigger to Order submitted trigger to result in Position opened sound ?

SP

Postby SP » 28 Mar 2012

Henry,

i want the voice to say "Order filled" instead of "Order submitted" if there is a execution.

If i place or change the order it should still say "Order submitted".

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Mar 2012

Henry,
I want the voice to say "Order filled" instead of "Order submitted" if there is a execution.
If i place or change the order it should still say "Order submitted".
If the order status is Submitted then audio alert is "Order submitted".
If the order status is Filled then audio alert is "Order filled".
If Market position was flat and order was filled-next audio alert is "Position opened".
If you are flat and you place an order the statuses are: Order submitted->Order filled->Position open. All three audio alerts should be triggered in this case.
Do you mean that you are missing one of the audio alerts in the described case?

SP

Postby SP » 28 Mar 2012

Do you mean that you are missing one of the audio alerts in the described case?
I can see it at Sounds -> Program Events -> MultiCharts and it plays if i click test there, but not at the DOM. No big problem, i will wait till the release candidate instead of install new.

momentum

Postby momentum » 29 Mar 2012

You will not see the problem since the problem is not seen on the charts themselves. The problem is only seen when you compare MC charts with others chart platforms. While other chart platforms are consistent when changing the brick size, MC is not.

Truth be told, I only noticed this with ES. I did not test with any other symbol. It even might be a problem related only to ES and how it is quoted.

But no worries, developers already confirmed the bug and are working on it.
I'm seeing the issue on all symbols now. When I look at the fills generated by autotrading in real time, I see fills that are outside the draw renko bar and wick.

Thanks again.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 29 Mar 2012

When I look at the fills generated by autotrading in real time, I see fills that are outside the draw renko bar and wick.
momentum,

Please describe the issue in details preferably with screenshots. If you are able to reproduce the issue, please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 4 PM EST so we can help you: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

escamillo

Postby escamillo » 29 Mar 2012

8.0 Beta 2 on Rithmic/Zen-Fire with Strat Trading is far, far better than previous versions; stable, no runaway send/cancel/repeat, no excess CPU load, once the quirks are figured out, pretty predicable. Pretty nice. Thanks. Don't stop working on it though... :- )

arnie

Postby arnie » 30 Mar 2012

Have you guys noticed when you create an "image as file" and the "show the picture when export completes" is checked, sometimes when the windows photo viewer opens the computer starts to get sluggish and some times the windows photo viewer can't even open the image?

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 30 Mar 2012

Have you guys noticed when you create an "image as file" and the "show the picture when export completes" is checked, sometimes when the windows photo viewer opens the computer starts to get sluggish and some times the windows photo viewer can't even open the image?
arnie,

Normally, it should not be related to MultiCharts. When you start windows photo viewer manually or from another application, does it open faster?

arnie

Postby arnie » 30 Mar 2012

arnie,

Normally, it should not be related to MultiCharts. When you start windows photo viewer manually or from another application, does it open faster?
When I open it manually it opens normal, hence, faster than MC opens it.

I never saw this happening with previous versions.

It's not a big deal since if we unchecked the "show image" then the problem is solved, the computer don't get sluggish (freeze) for those couple of seconds that takes to open the photo viewer.

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 02 Apr 2012

overfill protection

how can I turn overfill protection?
This is a short entry order with quantity 2 (1 short entry and 1 stop loss).
It 's also another stop loss order. why?
Attachments
order.jpg
(93.58 KiB) Downloaded 10964 times

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 02 Apr 2012

overfill protection

how can I turn overfill protection?
This is a short entry order with quantity 2 (1 short entry and 1 stop loss).
It 's also another stop loss order. why?
fibdax,

Please explain the issue in details. I am not sure I got you.

janus

Postby janus » 02 Apr 2012

I am still on v7.0, and I am reluctant to upgrade to v7.4 because I don't know how it will impact my trading.
Probably nothing will happen, or even if something is affected, I won't be able to quickly pinpoint the problem to the ticks, and make immediate corrective actions.

If you use partial exits DO NOT UPGRADE to 7.4 as it is broken. 8.0 beta 2 appears to work fine but I'm reluctant to use it for real trading purposes. Am I being too paranoid?

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 03 Apr 2012

fibdax,

Hi , https://www.multicharts.com/traders-blog/ it says here:

Overfill Protection

Mechanism added to avoid situations with possible overfills with OCO group emulation. More info here - https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-662

I turned overfill protection, but I always have a contract in more 'on the book. see image
thanks
Attachments
mc.jpg
(23.06 KiB) Downloaded 10976 times
oco.jpg
(4.69 KiB) Downloaded 10983 times
ts.jpg
(20.41 KiB) Downloaded 10970 times

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 03 Apr 2012

fibdax,

Hi , https://www.multicharts.com/traders-blog/ it says here:

Overfill Protection

Mechanism added to avoid situations with possible overfills with OCO group emulation. More info here -https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-662.

I turned overfill protection, but I always have a contract in more 'on the book. see image
thanks
fibdax,

Overfill Protection described in the MC 8.0 Beta 2 What's New is implemented via new Optimize Order Flow feature in Strategy Properties (please see attached screenshot).

Overfill Protection check box that you are referring to enables Overfill Protection feature in IB TWS.

Optimize Order Flow option in its turn is implemented on MultiCharts end and can be used with any broker. It optimizes the process of sending orders to broker in order to avoid overfill.

Examples
You are flat. Strategy generates 3 buy limit orders. Position limits are set to 2 entry orders in the same direction as the currently held position. MultiCharts will send to broker only 2 orders with the prices more likely to be filled depending on the current market price.

The position at broker is +3. Strategy generates 3 sell limit orders and 3 sell stop orders. MultiCharts will send to broker 3 OCO group in the following sequence:
1. MC sends 1 stop order and 1 limit order with the prices most likely to be filled.
2. When one of these 2 orders is filled, the other is cancelled.
3. MC sends 1 stop order and 1 limit order with the prices most likely to be filled (among the rest 2 stops and 2 limits).
4. When one of these 2 orders is filled, the other is cancelled.
5. MC sends the last 2 orders: 1 stop order and 1 limit order.
6. When one of these 2 orders is filled, the other is cancelled.

You are flat. Strategy generates 2 sell market orders: order #1 and order #2. Position limits are set to 2 entry orders in the same direction as the currently held position. MultiCharts will send to broker 1 sell market order with the size = size of the order #1 + size of the order#2

Please explain the issue in details so we can help.
Attachments
OOF.PNG
(24.59 KiB) Downloaded 10993 times

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 03 Apr 2012

dave ,
my system has generated two orders. buy entry order (Quantity 1). sellshort entry order (quantity 1).
sellshort is filled. At this point are generated two orders StopLoss (amount 1) and Profit (amount 1). If my StopLoss is> buy entry, MC inserts Entry Buy with quantity = 2 and unchanged leaves stop loss and profit. In total there are 3 orders with a total quantity of 4
The overexposure is very dangerous in the book for two reasons:
1) the broker holds cash.
2) if my pc disconnects are filled for a quantity not desired.

Solution 1:
buy order -> amount = 2
order profit -> quantity = 1

solution 2 (the same used by TS):

buy order -> quantity = 1
stoploss order -> quantity = 1

thanks

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 04 Apr 2012

dave ,
my system has generated two orders. buy entry order (Quantity 1). sellshort entry order (quantity 1).
sellshort is filled. At this point are generated two orders StopLoss (amount 1) and Profit (amount 1). If my StopLoss is> buy entry, MC inserts Entry Buy with quantity = 2 and unchanged leaves stop loss and profit. In total there are 3 orders with a total quantity of 4
The overexposure is very dangerous in the book for two reasons:
1) the broker holds cash.
2) if my pc disconnects are filled for a quantity not desired.

Solution 1:
buy order -> amount = 2

solution 2 (the same used by TS):

buy order -> quantity = 1
stoploss order -> quantity = 1

thanks
fibdax,

Please enable Optimize Order Flow feature described in my previous post. It should solve the issue.

txls

Postby txls » 05 Apr 2012

Have DOM windows stopped being dockable in Beta 2 or is it just me?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Apr 2012

Have DOM windows stopped being dockable in Beta 2 or is it just me?
DOM window is dockable in MC 8.0 Beta 2.
In order to dock it you need to go to View tab->Show DOM window.

arnie

Postby arnie » 07 Apr 2012

Hi can't understand what is happening here.
I open a daily chart (@ES# - IQFeed) and no matter if I choose the default session (1530 to 1515), the globex session (1530 to 830) or the RTH (830 to 1515) I always get the same chart, bars don't change.

This appears not be a version 8 issue since I'm getting the same with version 7.4.

I never had any difficulty dealing with this type of session change, but now...

http://www.screencast.com/t/nWTaqYJDG8

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 09 Apr 2012

Hi can't understand what is happening here.
I open a daily chart (@ES# - IQFeed) and no matter if I choose the default session (1530 to 1515), the globex session (1530 to 830) or the RTH (830 to 1515) I always get the same chart, bars don't change.

This appears not be a version 8 issue since I'm getting the same with version 7.4.

I never had any difficulty dealing with this type of session change, but now...

http://www.screencast.com/t/nWTaqYJDG8
Hello Arnie,

Every daily bar comes as a solid piece of data. In fact it is 4 prices: OHLC. No matter what sessions are applied, the bar will stay the same.
As a workaround i can recommend you to use 24 hours or 14400 minutes resolution. In this case different session templates will affect the bar.

greenroomhoo

Postby greenroomhoo » 09 Apr 2012

Wow guys - the improvements in this version are vast. I love the keyboard shortcuts, renko changes, and all the other stuff.

Great work.

thanks

Nick

Postby Nick » 10 Apr 2012

I have many indicators that plots and draws in the "future" white space.
Any changes will create unmanageable havoc to my signals.

Please keep any "new" infrastructure changes as an option.
Quite so! Backward compatibility should be top priority. A good recent example I mentioned recently is "skip identical ticks" defaults to on. It should default to off to retain backward compatibility.This caused havoc for me as just about all my analytics process tick by tick. In some peoples cases it would not only have cause havoc but have cost money (not in my case luckily). Of course you know this TJ as we both pointed it out.

When introducing new features that alter how existing things work they should always be defaulted to retain backward capability. In the past TSsuport said We believe that it should be implemented as it is now so the majority of users can benefit. I would urge you to reconsider as put bluntly this is plain wrong and frustrating for those it impacts.

What is the issue with future white space TJ? (something I use a lot off too). Incidentally that 'right margin' parameter is an old anachronism that has no place in modern software really. You should be able to scroll/drag a chart to wherever you want it, even if it is past some notional 'right margin' the software should simply read it from where you dragged the chart.

Nick

John,

As I said above why have to set the right margin at all? None of the more recent charting packages require you to, you just drag the chart around to the view you would like. Now internally they may tack it but a user need not.

As an analogy its like entering a trend line by entering the start and end point by date, time and price.

The important thing is not whether the new way is better it is whether existing charts/workspaces are broken simply by upgrading? I haven't tried the new beta yet so my point is in general about new features rather than specifically about margins.

Nick

"Skip Identical Ticks" is another new default that concerns me.
Deja Vu!! Sorry had started the thread from the start and had not got to your post on identical ticks yet.

bibulous

Postby bibulous » 11 Apr 2012

Hi,

I tried 8.0b2 x64 live yesterday. I have QCL# (IQFeed) on a 0.04 (Better)Renko chart and Interactive Brokers as Broker. I could enter the position from the DOM and/or chart just fine, but the display of the position switched from flat to some weird P&L with every update... Stop and limit order are correct in the DOM and on the chart. It is "only" the position that is wrong. What is extremely worrying is that MC thinks there is no position half of the time - and thus disables the "CLOSE" button for example..

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 11 Apr 2012

Hi,

I tried 8.0b2 x64 live yesterday. I have QCL# (IQFeed) on a 0.04 (Better)Renko chart and Interactive Brokers as Broker. I could enter the position from the DOM and/or chart just fine, but the display of the position switched from flat to some weird P&L with every update... Stop and limit order are correct in the DOM and on the chart. It is "only" the position that is wrong. What is extremely worrying is that MC thinks there is no position half of the time - and thus disables the "CLOSE" button for example..
bibulous,

It is a confirmed issue with TWS Build 924.3a. Please use the hot fix to solve the issue: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10253

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 11 Apr 2012

[/quote]

fibdax,

Please enable Optimize Order Flow feature described in my previous post. It should solve the issue.[/quote]
Hi, I checked the "order flow" box as suggested and, as you can see from attached gif it seems to work on 6B while the issue is still there on 6E. In fact on 6B it canceled the stoploss order and placed a reverse entry (quantity 2) while on 6E it did place a reverse entry (2 pieces) but did not cancel the existing stop loss even though its price was over the reverse level.
Attachments
ordini.jpg
(82.38 KiB) Downloaded 10980 times

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 13 Apr 2012

fibdax,

Please enable Optimize Order Flow feature described in my previous post. It should solve the issue.[/quote]
Hi, I checked the "order flow" box as suggested and, as you can see from attached gif it seems to work on 6B while the issue is still there on 6E. In fact on 6B it canceled the stoploss order and placed a reverse entry (quantity 2) while on 6E it did place a reverse entry (2 pieces) but did not cancel the existing stop loss even though its price was over the reverse level.[/quote]

Hello fibdax,

Optimize Order Flow feature is not used orders of different type (i.e. Stop and Limit) in one direction (Buy or Sell) are generated on the same bar (tick in Intra-Bar Order Generation mode). Such orders are sent in OCO (one-cancels-others) group.

In your case one Buy Limit and two Buy Stop have been generated.

Here are some more examples of how Optimize Order Flow feature works:

1) buy next bar at 1389 stop;
buy next bar at 1389 stop;

Only one order will be sent

2) buy next bar at 1381 limit;
buy next bar at 1389 limit;
sell next bar at 1383 stop;
sell next bar at 1384 stop;

Only two orders will be sent

3) buy next bar at 1381 limit;
buy next bar at 1389 limit;
buy next bar at 1390 stop;
sell next bar at 1383 stop;
sell next bar at 1384 stop;

All five orders will be sent.

sptrader

Re: MULTICHARTS 8.0 64 bit BETA 2 -chart trader problem

Postby sptrader » 13 Apr 2012

Today I had an odd problem while using the chart trader in IB (sim mode).
One of my orders Grayed out and I couldn't delete it.. The order doesn't show in IB but appears to be "stuck" on the chart..and unremovable, see attached- the "X" is grayed out, so I couldn't cancel or delete it..
Attachments
Chart Trader Error2.jpg
(167.99 KiB) Downloaded 10987 times

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 16 Apr 2012

One of my orders Grayed out and I couldn't delete it.. The order doesn't show in IB but appears to be "stuck" on the chart..and unremovable, see attached- the "X" is grayed out, so I couldn't cancel or delete it..
Hello sptrader,

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If yes, please send us MultiCharts log files after reproducing the issue but before restarting MultiCharts.

You can find log files here "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\".
Please paste this line in Start --> Run and in the window that will pop up make a zip-folder.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 16 Apr 2012

Thanks Dave, I haven't been able to reproduce it yet but will save the logs if it happens again.
When it happened , I was watching the DOM, while I had the Chart Trader on as well.
I think I tried to enter trades on both when it happened.
You may want to try and see if there are any conflicts when opening a trade on Chart Trader and adding, closing or adding to a trade with the DOM. (on the same chart)

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 17 Apr 2012

You may want to try and see if there are any conflicts when opening a trade on Chart Trader and adding, closing or adding to a trade with the DOM. (on the same chart)
We failed to reproduce the issue on our end. Everything is working fine on our end.

Jesh

Postby Jesh » 17 Apr 2012

I have also noticed this when I have a chart open with a docked Dom, I have greyed out orders in the Dom which I cannot delete, this happens when I run a strategy. I have IB (sim account) connected and data from DTN.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 18 Apr 2012

I have also noticed this when I have a chart open with a docked Dom, I have greyed out orders in the Dom which I cannot delete, this happens when I run a strategy. I have IB (sim account) connected and data from DTN.
Hello Jesh,

Please send us MultiCharts log files after reproducing the issue but before restarting MultiCharts as well as a screenhotof the Logs tab of the Order and Position Tracker.

You can find log files here "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\".
Please paste this line in Start --> Run and in the window that will pop up make a zip-folder.

If you are able to reproduce the issue, please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 1 PM EST so we can help you: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

Jesh

Postby Jesh » 21 Apr 2012

Please send us MultiCharts log files after reproducing the issue but before restarting MultiCharts as well as a screenhotof the Logs tab of the Order and Position Tracker.
I sent you the log files via pm. Let me know if you need any more.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 23 Apr 2012

I sent you the log files via pm. Let me know if you need any more.
Jesh,

Unfortunately, logs are disabled on your machine. Please run one of the following reg files to enable MC logs:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26968921/AllTracesON.reg - for 32 bit version of MultiCharts

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26968921/AllTracesON64.reg - for 64 bit version of MultiCharts

Once the problem occurs, please send us the logs again before restarting MC as well as screenshots of Orders and Logs tab of the Order and Position Tracker window. We also need to know the time when the issue occured.

arnie

Postby arnie » 23 Apr 2012

Yes, That same thing happens to me from time to time. Actually, I don't remember ever happened with beta 2.
For example, opening a position where a bracket order is added. Stop or Limit order is hit, position closed but he bracket continues there, grayed. But worst than that is that the DOM stops accepting orders. I'm forced to close MC and reopen it so things get back to normal. But again I don't remember if this ever happened with beta 2 although truth be told I rarely let bracket orders to be hit now. They now are just there to protect me in case of the worst case scenario, computer crash, internet loss...

This weekend I've re-installed Windows since my computer was getting weird and I'm finishing setting things up. I'll run my paper account, testing brackets and if happens again I'll send my logs also.

Speaking of DOM, is there any time table for displaying the volume profile on it?

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 24 Apr 2012

Speaking of DOM, is there any time table for displaying the volume profile on it?
Fernando,

We are considering the implementation of this feature at the moment. There is no doubt that it is an important feature. It will be implemented sooner or later depending on the technical complexity.

shake

Postby shake » 25 Apr 2012

I've had the same issue as sptrader where I can't delete an order from the chart, more than once. I've also had a similar experience with orders not showing up on the chart and having to switch over to IB TWS and see if the order was placed or not. You hear "order submitted" but there is nothing on the chart.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 26 Apr 2012

I've had the same issue as sptrader where I can't delete an order from the chart, more than once. I've also had a similar experience with orders not showing up on the chart and having to switch over to IB TWS and see if the order was placed or not. You hear "order submitted" but there is nothing on the chart.
shake,

The issue can be caused by incorrect Symbol Mapping settings. Please send us log files collected after the issue has occured but before restarting MC for invetsigation.

If you are able to reproduce the issue, please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 1 PM EST so we can help you: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

arnie

Postby arnie » 30 Apr 2012

I'd like to know if there's any timetable for Footprint charts.
This has been already request in PM and has a "Under Review" status.

Regards,
Fernando

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 30 Apr 2012

It seems BackTest resolution does not work with non-time based charts, I tried it on a 200 tick chart set with 1 tick backtest resolution on a simple Limit order Strategy(IOG).

[IntrabarOrderGeneration = true]

Vars: OffSet(0);

OffSet=10*(MinMove/PriceScale);

Value2 = C[1] - OffSet;
Value3 = C[1] + OffSet;

Condition1 = C[1] < C[2];
Condition2 = C[1] > C[2];

If Condition1 then Buy ("B3")next bar at Value2 Limit;
if Condition2 then SellShort("S3") next bar at Value3 Limit;

SetExitOnClose;

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 30 Apr 2012

I'd like to know if there's any timetable for Footprint charts.
This has been already request in PM and has a "Under Review" status.

Regards,
Fernando
Hello Fernando,

We are considering implementing Footprint charts in the near future. Our engineers are analyzing the ways to implement this feature at the moment.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 30 Apr 2012

It seems BackTest resolution does not work with non-time based charts, I tried it on a 200 tick chart set with 1 tick backtest resolution on a simple Limit order Strategy(IOG).

Vars: OffSet(0);

OffSet=10*(MinMove/PriceScale);

Value2 = C[1] - OffSet;
Value3 = C[1] + OffSet;

if Condition2 then SellShort("S3") next bar at Value3 Limit;

SetExitOnClose;

SUPER,

Could you be more precise? Please explain the issue in details. What do you mean by "BackTest resolution does not work"? What symbol do you use?

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 30 Apr 2012

Dave,

200 ticks chart, DAX futures, Backtest precision set to 1 tick

I have simplified the strategy even further where trades take place at limit price of C[1], you will notice from the attached image that many trades take place at the bar extrem ends (High or Low) which are not correct.

Same system on MC 7.4 (build 5032) shows different results from current MC 8.0 Beta 2.

Value2 = C[1];

if Condition2 then SellShort("S3") next bar at Value2 Limit;

SetExitOnClose;
Attachments
M-1.1.jpg
(401.95 KiB) Downloaded 10961 times

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 01 May 2012

SUPER,

This is a known issue which should be fixed in the next version of MultiCharts.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 01 May 2012

This is a known issue which should be fixed in the next version of MultiCharts.
If you don't mind me asking, what will be the next version you're referring to - MC8 Release Candidate, MC8 Release, or MC9?

admin

Postby admin » 01 May 2012

This thread is now closed. Please follow MULTICHARTS 8.0 BETA 3 thread.

Return to “MultiCharts”