MC64 seems sluggish versus PreBeta

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
trader39

MC64 seems sluggish versus PreBeta

Postby trader39 » 20 Mar 2012

Just installed MC64 Beta2 after running the MC64 pre-beta version happily since January 15th. I am finding charts lagging when they did not before, and more disturbing, there is sometimes no indication that a chart may be lagging unless I compare the last price to my quote platform. Is there a way to shut off logging or some of the new features so that Beta 2 runs multiple tick charts real time as fast as MC64 pre-beta?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: MC64 seems sluggish versus PreBeta

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Mar 2012

Hello Trader39,

Please provide more details on the subject:
-who is your data feed
-what symbol you are using
-what is the resolution
-what is the qoute field (ask, bid, trade)
-what platform you are comparing to
-does the status line lag or the bar close price

trader39

I am running on five computers, three with solid state drives, two with SCSI, with either ESignal or IQ Feed as data feed. I am using a wide range of stock symbols. (eg AMRN, LVS, GRMN, CIE, MAKO; many others). All computers have at least 4 cores (one has 6) and run 4 to 8 or more 200 volume and/or 1 tick charts simultaneously (along with 4 or more minute charts), all with trade field only. (I know this is a significant processing load, but it was handled with no problems with the pre-beta, which I ran for 2 months until I upgraded just now.) The delay problems seem most severe on the computers with physical (non-solid state) hard drives; which is why I asked if I could suppress the log file generation, thinking that might help. I am comparing to the very earliest pre-beta MC64 (Multicharts64.7.4.5004.0_x64.exe) which I installed roughly January 15-23 on my various computers. Unfortunately (not expecting this problem on a Beta2) I did not keep the pre-beta on any of my systems. I see lag in the bar close price most often...one or two charts seem to hang; while other charts on the computer may still be updating, however the status line also lags at times. Please advise if the log files can be suppressed as a first step, and if the early prebeta is still available, I am willing to reinstall it on one of my systems so we can do an A:B comparison on identical systems and loads to see exactly where the issue is.

trader39

I forgot to mention, but I am using Global Variables with the 64 bit version of ELCollections.dll. (I was doing this with the prebeta version of MC64 as well, with no problems).

trader39

I also forgot to mention, the PCs with solid state drives run Windows 7; the SCSI systems run Windows XP64.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Mar 2012

Hello Trader39,

Please find the registry file to disable logging in the attachment.

Please send us the workspace or workspaces you are using for reproducing the problem.
Can the problem be reproduced without studies applied to the chart or with prebuilt studies?
If not-please send us sample studies we can use for testing.
How long does it usually take to see MC 8.0 beta 2 slowing down?
Attachments
AllTraces64bit.zip
(1.11 KiB) Downloaded 210 times

trader39

Postby trader39 » 21 Mar 2012

I believe the problem only occurs with studies attached to the chart, and primarily at the time of market open. I will try the log file disabling to see if it helps and then address the follow on steps. Thanks!

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Mar 2012

There is a PM entry that has been confirmed: MCx64 Beta2 slower than Beta1

Return to “MultiCharts”