Forum Links no longer work.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Forum Links no longer work.

Postby bowlesj3 » 31 Mar 2012

I have noticed at least 3 or 4 old links I had placed in posts (links to other threads) that do not work. here is an example.

In this post
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2483#p29642
There is a link I had placed (right at the top). It gets a not found if I click it now. I have no way of finding it easily since I do not know exactly what to search for.

TJ

Re: Forum Links no longer work.

Postby TJ » 31 Mar 2012

I have noticed at least 3 or 4 old links I had placed in posts (links to other threads) that do not work. here is an example.

In this post
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2483#p29642
There is a link I had placed (right at the top). It gets a not found if I click it now. I have no way of finding it easily since I do not know exactly what to search for.
Some time ago the domain was changed from TSSupport.com to MultiCharts.com,
thus the disconnect.

I have gone back to update some of the links; not every link can easily be found though.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 31 Mar 2012

Is there not a script or program that can be run to process and convert all of them.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 01 Apr 2012

I tried changing the left portion of one of the links to the new format but keeping the number on the far right. Unfortunately this did not work so the idea of a batch run fixing them seems unlikely. In other words all these older links will be for ever failing. I took a guess at correcting on of them. To make things harder the searches do not really seem to work properly.

Return to “MultiCharts”