where's QM?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

where's QM?

Postby arnie » 06 Apr 2012

Do you know that game "Where's Waldo"?
Well, I have a new one, Where's QuoteManager?

Here's the thing, I have 8 monitors and Windows 7 by its own wish and pleasure, decided to change the monitors order, number 1 became number 4, number 2 became number 3 and so forth. I re-arranged all, re-initiated the computer and all went to normal at least till I decided to open my programs. They all opened in the wrong monitor, but worst was QM that is open gods know where. I open the program but I just can't see it in any of the 8 monitors. How can I bring up QM's window? It's completely out of sight.

TJ

Re: where's QM?

Postby TJ » 06 Apr 2012

Do you know that game "Where's Waldo"?
Well, I have a new one, Where's QuoteManager?

Here's the thing, I have 8 monitors and Windows 7 by its own wish and pleasure, decided to change the monitors order, number 1 became number 4, number 2 became number 3 and so forth. I re-arranged all, re-initiated the computer and all went to normal at least till I decided to open my programs. They all opened in the wrong monitor, but worst was QM that is open gods know where. I open the program but I just can't see it in any of the 8 monitors. How can I bring up QM's window? It's completely out of sight.
Open QM before you start MultiCharts.

janus

Postby janus » 06 Apr 2012

If TJ's suggestion doesn't work try one of these approaches:

1. Use ALT+TAB to switch to the off-screen application.
2. Press ALT-SPACE to bring up the system menu (you won't see it because it is off screen)
3. Press R to select the "Restore" menu choice to ensure the window isn't maximised (you can not move it if it is maximized)
4. Press ALT-SPACE again, then M to select the "Move" menu choice (you won't see it because it is off screen)
5. Press one of the four arrow keys to lock the mouse pointer to the "lost" window.
6. Now just use the mouse to move the window where you want.

Another way:

2. Windows key + Shift + Left/Right arrow key will move the window to the subsequent monitor

arnie

Postby arnie » 07 Apr 2012

Finally!!
Another way:

2. Windows key + Shift + Left/Right arrow key will move the window to the subsequent monitor
This was the only way to bring back QM.
I've been seen very weird things from Windows but this was the first.

Thanks to you both for the options given.

Happy Easter.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Apr 2012

There is also another solution.
1. Close QuoteManager
2. Go to Windows Start button and launch Regedit.exe
3. Go to the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TS Support\MultiCharts\QuoteManager
4. In the registry tree make a right click on the "Position" folder and Delete it.
Now QuoteManager window position will be restored.

Return to “MultiCharts”