using esignal synthetic continuous contracts + esig backfill

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Arbitrageur

using esignal synthetic continuous contracts + esig backfill

Postby Arbitrageur » 23 May 2006

I've browsed & searched the forums without luck, so apologies if this has been answered before:

in esignal you can create synthetic continuous contracts for the data they do not natively support in the #f continuous contracts.

I've created a synthetic continuous contract for DAX and Bund data, but I cannot seem to access this data from the quote manager to add it as a symbol.

The front month symbols are AX M6-DT and GB M6-DT, the synthetic continuous version of these are GB 1!-DT and AX 1!-DT but I cant seem to call these latter variations on the symbol up in the quotemanager.

also, TSServer has been rather temperamental today and has suffered exceptions today in the bund data - causing this to stop updating. when I close and reload, there are gaps in the data.

How do I correctly set MC up to backfill from esignal for international futures symbols? it seems to backfill just fine on US futures.

any help appreciated.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 23 May 2006

First of all, eSignal does the contract rollovers on the customer's computer, it is implemented in their application; we just receive data from the eSignal server so this is not supported in MultiCharts.

As to your second question, we'd like to see this problem firsthand. Theoretically speaking, there should be no difference between international and US symbols for MultiCharts.

Please call us at 888-817-6385 Monday-Friday from 6:30am till 2:00pm ET. We'll use remote desktop connection to research and fix your issue.

Before that please go to http://tssupport.com/helpdesk, download the HelpDesk program, save it to your desktop and run it when we start the phone conversation. Double-click directly on the “Internet support” inscription.

Arbitrageur

Postby Arbitrageur » 25 May 2006

I think i got to the bottom of the backfill gaps, I'd got my charts incorrectly set to "online" instead of "on-demand" - the charts now correctly populate with data, though I still seem to be getting runtime errors with Tsserver.exe, should I start a seperate thread for this problem?

Arbitrageur

Postby Arbitrageur » 25 May 2006

actually, I just spoke to support and they were very helpful. problem solved.

Return to “MultiCharts”