Auto trading interruptions

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
aczk

Auto trading interruptions

Postby aczk » 16 May 2012

Hi All

My internet connection usually drops once a day for a minute or so. Question is if my strategy wants to trade during that exact minute, what happens? Will MC still try to execute when it comes back online? Notify me? Will the trade just be skipped?

Do any settings control this aspect, like the autotrading connection loss time setting (I am on 5 min)??

Thanks for any feedback on this,

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Auto trading interruptions

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 May 2012

Hello Aczk,

If your Internet connection is lost then your broker profile will try to re-establish connection until it is re-established after N seconds of connection loss ("Reconnect after N seconds on connection loss" timeout is available for most broker profiles).

If broker profile is yellow-then it is trying to reconnect. While it is trying to reconnect-Auto Trading is working (it does not turn off).
Auto trading will be turned off if the broker profile is disconnected (red) or strategy is placing an order while broker profile is trying to reconnect (yellow).
If the auto trading has been turned off - you will need to turn it back on manually.

Please refer to this topic regarding the Loss of Broker Connectivity Alert

swz168

Re: Auto trading interruptions

Postby swz168 » 16 May 2012

Aczk, please have a look here: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-953
and vote if you like it.

Return to “MultiCharts”