Problem with strategies updating on a new bar

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
iso

Problem with strategies updating on a new bar

Postby iso » 17 May 2012

Hello,

I have a strategy that enters on the break of a price channel and I have it set to 1 meaning the previous bars extreme. If price doesn't break the previous bars extreme on the current bar and now a new bar forms the entry order should move until filled. I have been running this since 2005 with no issues. Something changed in beta 3 because this has stopped working.

Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Problem with strategies updating on a new bar

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 May 2012

Hello,

I have a strategy that enters on the break of a price channel and I have it set to 1 meaning the previous bars extreme. If price doesn't break the previous bars extreme on the current bar and now a new bar forms the entry order should move until filled. I have been running this since 2005 with no issues. Something changed in beta 3 because this has stopped working.

Thanks
Hello Iso,

Please provide more details on the subject:
Attach the piece of code you are using and screenshots demonstrating the chart with OHLC of the expected order generation bar and OHLC of the expected order execution bar or come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST to demonstrate the issue. We will do our best to help you.

Return to “MultiCharts”