MULTICHARTS 8.0 RELEASE CANDIDATE

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
admin

MULTICHARTS 8.0 RELEASE CANDIDATE

Postby admin » 29 May 2012

MultiCharts 8.0 Release Candidate is one of the last versions before the release. It’s pretty much the release version, a last chance to iron out any bugs. Any beta testers are asked to report found issues through the PM, so we can correct before the release. Making sure all features work, and that there are as few bugs as possible.

Read more...

[Moderator's notes]
If you are upgrading from MultiCharts 32 bit to 64 bit version

How to copy user data for your upgrade
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _User_Data

Note: MultiCharts 32 bit databases are incompatible with MultiCharts 64 bit. Copying 32 bit databases folder into MultiCharts 64 bit will cause errors. You will need to import the data with QuoteManager.

DRCM

Re: MULTICHARTS 8.0 RELEASE CANDIDATE

Postby DRCM » 29 May 2012

DRCM wrote:
Hello,

MC 8.3 beta doesn`t save order quantity on the chart trading panel (I mean right hand side panel on the chart where is buy/sell buttons and all order/exit strategies). If I enter 20K, save workspace, close MC, open again and it shows 1. Also it doesn`t save order type settings(Day,GTC,GTD,IOC). Was ok with MC 7.4 ( it didn`t save only minimized charts trading panel`s settings).

Thank you
Hello DRCM,

The issue has been confirmed and added to our fix list. Thank you for reporting.

Hello,
This bug still exist in MC 8.0 RC.

ABC

Postby ABC » 29 May 2012

I am getting the

Code: Select all

------ Compiled with error(s): ------
Compile error
errLine 0, errColumn 0, errLineEnd 0, errColumnEnd 0
causal study: (Function)
error message again. It's happening with old studies that compiled fine in 7.4, with newly created studies in 8 RC (even empty ones). I am running the 32 Bit version.
Can I use the "MakeGCH_elapiver_155_74" or is there an updated version already?
By the way why does this problem occur, is there anything that I can do to prevent running into it with every new install of MC?

Regards,

ABC

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 30 May 2012

Hello,
This bug still exist in MC 8.0 RC.
Hello DRCM,

It is planned to be fixed in MC 8.0 Release.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 30 May 2012

I am getting the

------ Compiled with error(s): ------
Compile error
errLine 0, errColumn 0, errLineEnd 0, errColumnEnd 0
causal study: (Function)
error message again. It's happening with old studies that compiled fine in 7.4, with newly created studies in 8 RC (even empty ones). I am running the 32 Bit version.
Can I use the "MakeGCH_elapiver_155_74" or is there an updated version already?
By the way why does this problem occur, is there anything that I can do to prevent running into it with every new install of MC?

Regards,

ABC
Hello ABC,

Please download the fix for MC 8.0 RC 32 and 64 bit using the following links:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26968921/MakeGC ... er_163.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26968921/MakeGC ... 63_x64.zip

The issue occurs only on a limited number of machines and is caused by the fact that the addresses used by certain processes are already occupied. We plan to fix this issue completely in one of the next versions.

janus

Postby janus » 31 May 2012

Performed detailed tests with various simulated orders and all OK thus far. Using IB and TWS Build 925.6b.

Fabrice

Postby Fabrice » 01 Jun 2012

Hello,
I have reported this issue causing a crash in 7.4 and 8.0 RC.
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-983
Regards.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 01 Jun 2012

Hello,
I have reported this issue causing a crash in 7.4 and 8.0 RC.
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-983
Regards.
Hello Fabrice,

The issue has been confirmed and added to our fix list. Thank you for reporting.

xjhuan

Postby xjhuan » 01 Jun 2012

Upvol and Dnvol in renko chart still not correct. It tracks total volume in that bar, not the uptick or down tick. If the bar is green, then all the volume goes to Upvol, while Dnvol set to zero. If the bar is red, then all the volume goes to Dnvol, while Upvol set to zero.

Any plan to fix it?

Thanks!

Fabrice

Postby Fabrice » 01 Jun 2012

Found an issue about NumToStr output.
Same behavior on 7.4 and 8.0 RC.
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-985
Regards.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 01 Jun 2012

When I try to download and I fill out the form it does not accept bowlesj3. I tried the actual registration number from purchase and that is not accepted either. I also tried the registration name with no luck.

swz168

Postby swz168 » 02 Jun 2012

When I try to download and I fill out the form it does not accept bowlesj3. I tried the actual registration number from purchase and that is not accepted either. I also tried the registration name with no luck.
Registration Code ist not asked in the download form.
You need the User ID: Go to Help -> About Multicharts

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 02 Jun 2012

Thanks swz168, I was not aware they assigned this number. It worked.
John

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 02 Jun 2012

The right margin problem has not been fixed. I think you need to show the attached 6 pictures to the person who makes the final decision to release. I am going to give it 99.99% odds they will say this has to be fixed before you release. If there is a rush to get this out you had better show him soon.

The attached 6 pictures are 3 from MC 7.4 and 3 from MC 8.0. They show you the difference and the way it should look (and explain to you why - actually very obvious when you take the time to think about the meaning of the keyword "MaxForwardBars"). All pictures have a blue Cyan colored vertical line at 2012/June/01 at 17:07 hours on both the MC8.0 chart and the MC 7.4 chart. 17:07 hours is the MaxBarsForward bar with right margin 51 setting.. I have set both charts to 51 bars of right scale. The more detailed notes are in the pictures. You need to pull them up side by side. They are all in one zip file. If the pictures do not make the problem clear then run the attached test script on both MC 7.4 and MC 8.0 then change the bar spacing on both of them so you can compare. It should become very obvious from this test you have a serious problem.

I bought up both MC8.0 and MC7.0 side by side on the two machines for the purpose of doing the pictures. I noticed that your upgrade to MC8.0 somehow changed my right scale from 51 to 58 (this is not good.). I think you need to wind this change back to the original 7.4 version and start the change again in such a way that you do not screw up the original code (I do that when I have major changes - I section it off with new names and do not touch any original code). I think most changes should be options with default off. I think it is best for testers to first ensure the original version works before they test the new stuff then go back and (without shutting off the machine) make sure that the testing has not caused the original version to stop working. A good name might be "Sandwich testing" (test the bread, test the meat, test the bread again). You stay in business by never serving a bad sandwich :-) If you want to take risks with your releases I think it is a good idea to make available at least 3 prior releases on your web site since some serious bugs may not show up for a few weeks of production use (Example: I decided to roll back to 2.1.999.999 after 5 weeks of problems).

Also, I have cut and paste the two prior posts that best explain to the problem, into this one post, along with the test scripts in a zip file. In the original 2nd post shown below I managed to somehow mess up the zip file. This time I corrected the zip file and it is attached to this post. At the very bottom it explains the difference.

I have rolled back on MC 7.4. I think next time I will ask if it is fixed before I upgrade since it should be very clear now.

Post1 form MC 8.0 Beta 3 ==========================================
Hi Dave,

The easiest way to see the problem is to bring up MC 7.4 release and MC 8.0 beta 3, running side by side on two different machines with the same 1 minute bar chart and symbol. However I will try and explain it here in a step by step fashion.

1/ first choose bars rather than percentage.
2a/ Next set your bars to lets say 30 (30 future bars ahead of the LastBarOnChart)
2b/ Specifically set your "X Time Scale Right Margin Bars" to 30.
3/ This setting means that the MaxBarsForward setting will be 30.
4a/ you have to press the End key to make sure the bars showing are the most current bars on the chart.
4b/ You can not see the problem unless you have pressed the "End" key.
5/ This means that if LastBarOnChart is currently 9:00 then the MaxBarsForward bar will be 9:30. (I am using a time that is very easy to see on the chart and it might be a good Idea to time your test for on the hour so it is easy to see the problem. A big setting like 30 is best. I use 28).

Okay in MC 7.4 (and all the way back to MC 2.1.999.999 when I first got MC) because the anchor point is 9:30 (which is the MaxBarsForward Bar) when you adjust the bar spacing you will always see the 9:30 time at the last visible bar on the chart (a future bar obviously since 9:30 has not arrived yet). As you widen the bar spacing the 9:00 bar (the LastBarOnChart Bar) will move to the left. As you narrow the bar spacing the 9:00 bar (the LastBarOnChart Bar) will move to the right. Again, all this time the 9:30 bar will be the very last bar on the far right of the chart (and will stay that way until the actual current time moves one minute forward of course).

Now with MC 8.0 beta 3 this is not the case. With MC 8.0 beta 3 the anchor point is the 9:00 bar (the lastbaronchart bar). So therefore when you widen the bar spacing the 9:30 bar will vanish off the chart screen to the right hand side. If you narrow the bars the 9:30 bar will squeeze up toward the middle of the screen.

Hopefully this explains it. In short, (when the End Key has been pressed) the anchor point is the bar that does not move on the chart when the bar spacing is adjusted. The anchor point should always be the MaxForwardBar (not the LastBarOnChart). Lastly the anchor bar should always be the bar which is the farthest bar on the right of the chart viewing area.

You can not release MC 8.0 like this or you will have a lot of complaints (could be very large).

John

Post2 form MC 8.0 Beta 3 ==========================================
Here is a test script for this chart anchor point problem which I explain in post #57 above (I included the zip file which has the movetrendline function). I included the link to the movetrendline function below. In MC 7.4 I just tested it. The vertical line is always at the time of the MaxBarsForward no matter what the bar spacing is set to (in other words, as long as you have the chart in the "End Key" position, you can always see this line). You do this test on 1 minute bars. However the fix needs to apply to all bar sizes including seconds bars (I guess it would be tick charts too but I do not use them).

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7748&hilit=movetrendline#p35026

Not that it matters but the two sets of code are the same except the 2nd one tests the previous time to reduce the number of move statements. The first code will put the line back immediately if you manually move it. Both scripts are in the new zip file to save coding them however a simple cut and paste does compile clean.

Variables:
IntraBarPersist MaxBarsForwardTime(0),
IntraBarPersist MaxBarsForwardLine_ID(0);

if CurrentBar = 1 then
Begin
MaxBarsForwardTime = MinutesToTime(TimeToMinutes(time) + MaxBarsForward);
MaxBarsForwardLine_ID = TL_New(Date,time,close -5,Date,time,close+5);
end;

If LastBarOnChart then
begin
value1 = A_MoveTrendLine("Test",MaxBarsForwardLine_ID,Date,MaxBarsForwardTime,close - 5,Date,MaxBarsForwardTime,close + 5);
end;

Variables:
IntraBarPersist PreviousTime(0),
IntraBarPersist MaxBarsForwardTime(0),
IntraBarPersist MaxBarsForwardLine_ID(0);

if CurrentBar = 1 then
Begin
MaxBarsForwardLine_ID = TL_New(Date,time,close -5,Date,time,close+5);
end;

If LastBarOnChart then
begin
if time <> PreviousTime then
begin
value1 = A_MoveTrendLine("Test",MaxBarsForwardLine_ID,Date,MaxBarsForwardTime,close - 5,Date,MaxBarsForwardTime,close + 5);
PreviousTime = time;
end;
end;
Attachments
MC_RIghtMargin_Pics.zip
(398.29 KiB) Downloaded 590 times
A_Test_RightMargin_MaxBarsForward.zip
(6.67 KiB) Downloaded 854 times

Laurent

Postby Laurent » 04 Jun 2012

Hello,

Will be the compatibility between SEF files added in MultiCharts 8?
(Will it be possible to use SEF from MC 7.4 in MultiCharts 8 )

Laurent

h4nk

Postby h4nk » 04 Jun 2012

I just found a critical bug in MC 8 RC that almost cost me money. It has to be fixed now. Here's what happened:

1. I turned on the auto trading on a Chart that contains my tested and bug free signals. The signals work just fine in MC 7.4.
2. MC started making calculations as usual from currentbar = 1 to last bar on Chart.
3. To my surprise, MC submitted a recently expired buy limit order from a few bars ago and it immediately got filled since the current price was below the buy limit order.

I noticed this dangerous and wrong behavior in MC 8 beta 3. My broker is Open E Cry and I trade ESM2. Be careful MC users, right after turning on the auto trading, MC 8 RC may submit expired order and then a few seconds later the expired order is cancelled. In some situations, like what happened to me today, the expired order got filled before MC had a chance to cancel it. This is unacceptable! The worst thing is that this bug happens quite random. So, it makes it hard to demonstrate live.

If you notice similar bug, please post a reply.

Laurent

Postby Laurent » 04 Jun 2012

Too bad to lose money due to a bug of the application :-/

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 04 Jun 2012

I just found a critical bug in MC 8 RC that almost cost me money. It has to be fixed now. Here's what happened:

1. I turned on the auto trading on a Chart that contains my tested and bug free signals. The signals work just fine in MC 7.4.
2. MC started making calculations as usual from currentbar = 1 to last bar on Chart.
3. To my surprise, MC submitted a recently expired buy limit order from a few bars ago and it immediately got filled since the current price was below the buy limit order.

I noticed this dangerous and wrong behavior in MC 8 beta 3. My broker is Open E Cry and I trade ESM2. Be careful MC users, right after turning on the auto trading, MC 8 RC may submit expired order and then a few seconds later the expired order is cancelled. In some situations, like what happened to me today, the expired order got filled before MC had a chance to cancel it. This is unacceptable! The worst thing is that this bug happens quite random. So, it makes it hard to demonstrate live.

If you notice similar bug, please post a reply.
Hello h4nk,

Could you please provide us with more details? How often does the issue occur? Is Intra-Bar Order Generation turned on? What auto trading mode do you use: AA or SA?

It is highly unlikely that such an issue exists and has not been reported nor reproduced in our test environment. That is what we see during our tests: what looks like a serious issue from the first sight may be just a result of fast market movement.

arnie

Postby arnie » 04 Jun 2012

Can you test this?

I had 1 opened position with a bracket strategy. I closed MC and received this warning:

Where are those 8 active orders coming from? Shouldn't there be 2, the limit and the stop from the bracket strategy?

I'm using IB.
Attachments
orders.png
(10.27 KiB) Downloaded 6056 times

h4nk

Postby h4nk » 05 Jun 2012

Hi Dave,

I remember that the first time the issue occurred was after the second attempt by MC engineers to fix the expired limit order does not get cancelled bug. MC engineers tried to fix that bug, the first attempt failed, when I reported it I was told that it had been fixed. So, I provided a test script to demonstrate the issue and was confirmed by MC engineers as the same bug. The second attempt to fix it was successful, but it caused the new bug: expired limit order "sometimes" gets submitted right after turning on the auto trading.

It seems to me that "half-baked" bug fix caused the new bug. The IOG is turned on. Auto trading mode is SA. I don't think it was caused by fast market, I tested it during very slow overnight ES market.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 05 Jun 2012

Can you test this?

I had 1 opened position with a bracket strategy. I closed MC and received this warning:

Where are those 8 active orders coming from? Shouldn't there be 2, the limit and the stop from the bracket strategy?

I'm using IB.
Fernando,

Does the problem occurs on a regular basis? Do you have any steps to reproduce the issue? We will need logs as well as screenshots of Oredr and Position Tracker as well as TWS to investigate the issue. You may want to use new "Send Logs..." feature (Help -> Feedback -> Send Logs...).

arnie

Postby arnie » 05 Jun 2012

Fernando,

Does the problem occurs on a regular basis? Do you have any steps to reproduce the issue? We will need logs as well as screenshots of Oredr and Position Tracker as well as TWS to investigate the issue. You may want to use new "Send Logs..." feature (Help -> Feedback -> Send Logs...).

Just sent the files you requested.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Jun 2012

Hi Dave,

I remember that the first time the issue occurred was after the second attempt by MC engineers to fix the expired limit order does not get cancelled bug. MC engineers tried to fix that bug, the first attempt failed, when I reported it I was told that it had been fixed. So, I provided a test script to demonstrate the issue and was confirmed by MC engineers as the same bug. The second attempt to fix it was successful, but it caused the new bug: expired limit order "sometimes" gets submitted right after turning on the auto trading.

It seems to me that "half-baked" bug fix caused the new bug. The IOG is turned on. Auto trading mode is SA. I don't think it was caused by fast market, I tested it during very slow overnight ES market.
Hello H4nk,

The problem has not been reproduced based on your forum description.

Please provide more details on the subject: send me the script and the workspace you are using for reproducing the issue, MultiCharts logs and Order and position tracker Orders tab and Logs tab (File->Export to excel) highlighting the problem order.
Please provide a detailed description of the problem and steps to reproduce it.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 06 Jun 2012

Upvol and Dnvol in renko chart still not correct. It tracks total volume in that bar, not the uptick or down tick. If the bar is green, then all the volume goes to Upvol, while Dnvol set to zero. If the bar is red, then all the volume goes to Dnvol, while Upvol set to zero.

Any plan to fix it?

Thanks!
xjhuan,

This is how it is implemented in MultiCharts. Your comments have been forwarded to the developers.

You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management section of our site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Jun 2012

Hello,
Will be the compatibility between SEF files added in MultiCharts 8?
(Will it be possible to use SEF from MC 7.4 in MultiCharts 8 )
Laurent
Hello Laurent,

It will not be possible to use a Sef file from MC 7.4 in MC 8.
You can use a Sef file from MC 8.0 beta 1 (and higher) in higher versions of MultiCharts 8.0
32 bit sef file can be imported into 32 bit MC only (same for 64 bit).

h4nk

Postby h4nk » 07 Jun 2012

Hi Henry,

Here's a simple test script that you can try to see the bug. The buy limit order will be submitted when Close[2] > Open[2] and Close[1] > Open[1]. When you see two bars closing higher and one bar closing lower, turn on the auto trading immediately. You will see that a buy limit order is submitted when it is not supposed to. Use ESM2 400 tick bars.
Attachments
ExpiredLimitOrderGetsSubmittedBug.zip
(786 Bytes) Downloaded 1012 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Jun 2012

The right margin problem has not been fixed. I think you need to show the attached 6 pictures to the person who makes the final decision to release. I am going to give it 99.99% odds they will say this has to be fixed before you release. If there is a rush to get this out you had better show him soon.
Hello John,

This issue is confirmed. It will be fixed in MultiCharts 8.0 Release.

swz168

Postby swz168 » 07 Jun 2012

Henry, I already have contacted you by Email. But I'm posting this issue here too, since I'd like to know whether others have run into similar problems:

my codes are organized this way:

[IntrabarOrderGeneration=False]

if ( "here comes all the conditions" and marketposition = 0) then
BuyLongCondition = true;

if (BuyLongCondition) then
begin
buy TradeSize contracts next bar at market;
if alertenabled then
alert(AlertText);

BuyLongCondition = false;
end;
I have divided all my codes in Conditiion checks part and order processing parts.

Now encountered following problems:
1. I got an Email Alert at 10:13 and other strange times. But it should have happened every full hour, if order is sent. (60Min or 1H timeframe, IOG off!)

2. When I had the strategy on on the demo account, I got an Buy Email Alert, but "buy TradeSize contracts next bar at market;" was not processed. In Order and Position Tracker, Tab "Orders" was empty.

3. Yesterday I got hundreds of Email spamming my Email Account! I have only two charts open. One with Autotrading on and one off. Same Signal applied. So at maximum I should have received only two emails.
cdhjgbid.png
mails
(42.62 KiB) Downloaded 5025 times

To Problem 1 and 2:
Sent.png
sent
(18.93 KiB) Downloaded 5021 times
As you can see in the pic, in live demo trading, no orders were submitted. "buy TradeSize contracts next bar at market;" was not even processed, but Email alert was sent. At that time I had only one chart open.

Has anyone encountered these problems?

These are seriously problems I encountered. My signal code is has not many lines and I have checked it many times, so I'm sure it is not a coding problem.

I have set for Alert condition check at every tick, but anyway, it should not cause the above problems.

Henry, I cannot share the signal with you for testing. I hope you do a deep check for the order processing and email alert in Multicharts.

(As for email problem sent at strange times: I encountered since MC 7 Beta, but at that time, no live demo tests. Now I'm using MC 8 64Bit RC)

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 07 Jun 2012

This error comes up multiple times a week for a few users in my office and myself. Different purchases, computers and brokers.. but we all get the same error that is still not fixed in the RC.

I follow the steps in MC wiki: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... on_problem and nothing helps. I can log onto the www.mcauth.com and I see that the site is under construction.
Attachments
2012-06-07_1156.png
(16.99 KiB) Downloaded 5019 times

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 08 Jun 2012

This error comes up multiple times a week for a few users in my office and myself. Different purchases, computers and brokers.. but we all get the same error that is still not fixed in the RC.

I follow the steps in MC wiki: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... on_problem and nothing helps. I can log onto the http://www.mcauth.com and I see that the site is under construction.
Hello MAtricks,

This error message means that MC cannot connect to the authorization server. Do you have a proxy connection? Do you have any firewall enabled? Is you Internet connection stable?

Please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 11 AM EST for investigation: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 08 Jun 2012

Can you test this?

I'm using IB.
Hello Fernando,

The issue has been confirmed and added to our fix list. As a workaround, please delete extra lines for the symbol in the Symbol Mapping window leaving only one line used on the chart.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Jun 2012

Hi Henry,

Here's a simple test script that you can try to see the bug. The buy limit order will be submitted when Close[2] > Open[2] and Close[1] > Open[1]. When you see two bars closing higher and one bar closing lower, turn on the auto trading immediately. You will see that a buy limit order is submitted when it is not supposed to. Use ESM2 400 tick bars.
H4nk, with your code it can take multiple days until the condition would be met.
Here is our understanding of this situation:

if (mod(currentbar,2)=0) then begin
buy next bar at (Open[2] - 1) limit;
end;
This code is sending an order over a bar. When you turn on the auto trading and the condition is met, a limit order is sent. If the condition is not met-an order is sent but cancelled right away. Are we on the same page? Do you want to make the signal not to send the order when the condition is not met when you turn on the auto trading?

h4nk

Postby h4nk » 08 Jun 2012

Henry,

Yes, we are on the same page. I think it is a bug that MC sends an order and cancels it right away when the condition is not met right after turning on the auto trading. MC must not send an order when the condition is not met when I turn on the auto trading.

momentum

Postby momentum » 14 Jun 2012

I have a Scanner window with a list of symbols that is linked to a chart for both symbol and periodicity. The chart contains a second data stream of the same symbol as the data1 but of a different periodicity.

When I click on a different symbol in the scanner I expected that BOTH symbols in the chart changes to that symbol in the scanner but in fact, only data I changes which results in the indicator attached to data2 being based on the wrong symbol.

Fix? Workaround?

TIA

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Jun 2012

Henry,

Yes, we are on the same page. I think it is a bug that MC sends an order and cancels it right away when the condition is not met right after turning on the auto trading. MC must not send an order when the condition is not met when I turn on the auto trading.
That is not a bug, that is expected behaviour. This behaviour will be improved in MultiCharts 8.0 Release.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Jun 2012

I have a Scanner window with a list of symbols that is linked to a chart for both symbol and periodicity. The chart contains a second data stream of the same symbol as the data1 but of a different periodicity.

When I click on a different symbol in the scanner I expected that BOTH symbols in the chart changes to that symbol in the scanner but in fact, only data I changes which results in the indicator attached to data2 being based on the wrong symbol.

Fix? Workaround?

TIA
Hello Momentum,

There is an Instrument Link button in the status line of data2 series, same as in data1. Both of them should be linked to the scanner.

momentum

Postby momentum » 15 Jun 2012

Thanks Henry. I had Data2 hidden. I now made it visible, made the link and HID it again. Worked great

arnie

Postby arnie » 17 Jun 2012

Here is something that is really annoying me.

I've made a video showing what is happening.

http://screencast.com/t/6UaKHaxrbR

Basically, we open a chart and the bar are in front. We then plot an indicator, I choose a moving average, and the bars are automatically sent to back. From that point on it's a mess everytime I re-scale the chart. The indicator lose it's reference to prices and I'm forced to delete it and re-open it again. All of this happens everytime we bring the bars to front. Why? Why everytime we open an indicator the chart is sent back? Why everytime we bring it to front the indicator lose its reference to prices, moving in a different scale?

h4nk

Postby h4nk » 18 Jun 2012

Hi Henry,

What do you mean by expected behavior? That behavior does not exist in MC 7.4. So, this is unexpected for me. I think other MC users are also agree that sending an order when the condition is not met is not only wrong, but also not expected.

I can remember that this wrong behavior started occurring after the second attempt to fix expired limit order not cancelled bug. The engineers should recheck that bug fix and fix it again.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Jun 2012

Hi Henry,

What do you mean by expected behavior? That behavior does not exist in MC 7.4. So, this is unexpected for me. I think other MC users are also agree that sending an order when the condition is not met is not only wrong, but also not expected.

I can remember that this wrong behavior started occurring after the second attempt to fix expired limit order not cancelled bug. The engineers should recheck that bug fix and fix it again.
The bug you are referring to has nothing to do with this behavior. Expired limit order bug has been fixed in MultiCharts 8.0 Beta 3.

As I have said above-this behavior will be improved and it will work as expected in MultiCharts 8.0 Release.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 19 Jun 2012

Here is something that is really annoying me.

I've made a video showing what is happening.

http://screencast.com/t/6UaKHaxrbR

Basically, we open a chart and the bar are in front. We then plot an indicator, I choose a moving average, and the bars are automatically sent to back. From that point on it's a mess everytime I re-scale the chart. The indicator lose it's reference to prices and I'm forced to delete it and re-open it again. All of this happens everytime we bring the bars to front. Why? Why everytime we open an indicator the chart is sent back? Why everytime we bring it to front the indicator lose its reference to prices, moving in a different scale?
Hello Fernando,

This behavior will be changed in one of the minor releases after MC 8.0 Official Release.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 19 Jun 2012

When is the MC 8.0 Official Release due ?

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 19 Jun 2012

Hopefully today.

dahmen walter

Postby dahmen walter » 19 Jun 2012

Hopefully today.
How to switch from 8 Beta / RC to final version - uninstall and re-install?

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 19 Jun 2012

Hopefully today.
How to switch from 8 Beta / RC to final version - uninstall and re-install?
No, just install OVER the existing version. (the old version will be removed by the install program)

Return to “MultiCharts”