Behavior after connection lost  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
M10

Behavior after connection lost

Postby M10 » 31 May 2012

Hi,
We use some simple strategy - it opened position and some times later connection was lost and autotrading off - we turn it on manually.

Strategy after turning on don't show position (it has it - it was still open at account) and don't manage it . Strategy was open on daily bars - bar doesn't end (that was same bar it opened position).

What should we do in order to strategy manage position (opened before) after turning on again (after connection lost) ?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Behavior after connection lost  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Jun 2012

Hi,
We use some simple strategy - it opened position and some times later connection was lost and autotrading off - we turn it on manually.

Strategy after turning on don't show position (it has it - it was still open at account) and don't manage it . Strategy was open on daily bars - bar doesn't end (that was same bar it opened position).

What should we do in order to strategy manage position (opened before) after turning on again (after connection lost) ?
Hello M10,

When auto trading is turned off - the strategy position becomes zero.
You need to specify the position manually for each strategy next time you turn on the auto trading if you have a position at the broker. Please do the following:

Format-> Strategy properties-> Auto trading-> Assign the initial market position at the broker setting->Show the assign the initial market position at the broker dialogue-> Show always-> Ok.

When you start the auto trading - a dialogue window will appear where you can set the position for the strategy. This is how you can synchronize it (continue the trading from the position where you have left it).

You can also synchronize your strategy and broker position automatically with the help of the synchronizer script (!From Broker To Strategy MP Synchronizer!). But position at the broker cannot be divided between multiple strategies automatically by means of the "synchronizer" script. If you are trading with multiple strategies on one instrument - you need to assign the position manually for each strategy.

!From Broker To Strategy MP Synchronizer! - Synchronizes the market position inside MultiCharts with the market position at broker by sending a dummy order in charting.

Poldo

Re: Behavior after connection lost

Postby Poldo » 25 Sep 2012

Hello Everyone,

I am experiencing the same problem described by M10 in MCFX but it seems that this platform does not allow to declare the Initial market position or any other Broker settings option. The only settings I am able to manipulate at the Auto-Trading window are "Require order confirmation", "Show order execution Status" and "Audio Alert", all other options appear in grey and are inaccesible.

Please advise:

1) If my appreciation that MCFX working with FXCM brokerage is unable to recognize initial market positions and

2) If 1) is the case, is there a workaround for this problem via code, using MC instead of MCFX or any other?.

This is a major issue for me, any help would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Poldo

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Behavior after connection lost

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Sep 2012

Hello Poldo,

Broker position cannot be assigned automatically to your strategy in MCFX. In MCFX only AA auto trading mode is available. Please refer to this page for more info.

I would recommed you to use MultiCharts to be able to assign the market position to your strategy per my recommendations in post #2.

Return to “MultiCharts”