Bug in MC 7.4 (4953) still not fixed in MC 8.0 RC x32/x64

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
piranhaxp

Bug in MC 7.4 (4953) still not fixed in MC 8.0 RC x32/x64

Postby piranhaxp » 02 Jun 2012

Dear Support,

following bug in 7.4 is still not fixed in the new RC of Version 8 for x32/x64 :

Take a blank chart with a symbol of your choice. Add an indicator of your choice which has at least one plot in the subgraph 1/scaling in same as instrument.

Right click on the indicator and choose <Visual Order> and <Send To Back>. Go to the Y-Scale for prices and and move your mouse with left button still pressed. You can see that just the place of the indicator is moving and not the instrument/symbol together with the indicator. If you click the <Reset Scale> button in the toolbar, the indicator get the reset only and is on the wrong place ....

Sorry, but still stupid. Further issue still in RC and not fixed, but promised to change it several times :

If you choose the the <Data Range> for 200 days, MC will show you less than 200 days, because MC takes it as CALENDAR DAYS and NOT(!!!!!!!!) TRADING DAYS. If you have running arrays on daily data that causes huge miss-leading results.

Further still no feature to adjust prices after rollovers for the history. I have to make my backward adjustments with TickData software and to import prices again and again for every single symbol. The problem ??? You are loosing all important volume data for the history .... Go some years back and take a look in the good old TS GLOBALSERVER ;) ... For any rollover changes you just had to change the symbol and to adjust the history prices with 3 mouse clicks and all you recorded information were still there ...

I would suggest to develop with less change of versions, but more open ears to TRADERS & USERS .... I would like to see bigger steps with less bugs instead of high frequent version changes with "huge" amount of so called bugs. I'm getting tired of MC and to be a non-paid MC Beta debugger ...

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Bug in MC 7.4 (4953) still not fixed in MC 8.0 RC x32/x6

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Jun 2012

Dear Support,

following bug in 7.4 is still not fixed in the new RC of Version 8 for x32/x64 :

Take a blank chart with a symbol of your choice. Add an indicator of your choice which has at least one plot in the subgraph 1/scaling in same as instrument.

Right click on the indicator and choose <Visual Order> and <Send To Back>. Go to the Y-Scale for prices and and move your mouse with left button still pressed. You can see that just the place of the indicator is moving and not the instrument/symbol together with the indicator. If you click the <Reset Scale> button in the toolbar, the indicator get the reset only and is on the wrong place ....
This is not a bug, this is a malfunction. This functionality will be improved in MultiCharts 8.0 Release.
Sorry, but still stupid. Further issue still in RC and not fixed, but promised to change it several times :
If you choose the the <Data Range> for 200 days, MC will show you less than 200 days, because MC takes it as CALENDAR DAYS and NOT(!!!!!!!!) TRADING DAYS. If you have running arrays on daily data that causes huge miss-leading results.
Changing this functionality is in our to-do list. We consider working on it after MC 8.0 Release (no exact ETA at the moment).
Further still no feature to adjust prices after rollovers for the history. I have to make my backward adjustments with TickData software and to import prices again and again for every single symbol. The problem ??? You are loosing all important volume data for the history .... Go some years back and take a look in the good old TS GLOBALSERVER ;) ... For any rollover changes you just had to change the symbol and to adjust the history prices with 3 mouse clicks and all you recorded information were still there ...
Use Custom Futures to do adjust the data.
I would suggest to develop with less change of versions, but more open ears to TRADERS & USERS .... I would like to see bigger steps with less bugs instead of high frequent version changes with "huge" amount of so called bugs. I'm getting tired of MC and to be a non-paid MC Beta debugger ...
Each new Release of MultiCharts contains a number of new features as well as various improvements and bug fixes. We are doing our best to make MultiCharts the most bug-free trading software on the market. Beta versions are released according to our road map and as any beta version of any software, they cannot be bug-free. If you download a beta version of the software wanting to get new features, you should take into account that it may have a number of unreported issues. If you want to get stable performance, but no new features, you may want to stick to the current Official Release version.

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 05 Jun 2012

Use Custom Futures to do adjust the data.
Henry ....

many thanks for your reply. If you can explain me the building of <Custom Futures> with eSignal feed on EUREX symbols than I will highlight this as the <HELP> of the year !!!!!!

May going through MC's build <Symbol Dictionary> will help you. You will figure out that something is missing and/or wrong there ... So may MC developers can re-view it for the Official MC 8 release ... Could lead into less complains in the future ... ;)

I'm sure you will find the problem ... You get paid for it, I paid for the product.

Sorry, for my cynical comment. But that's what I mean .... In all issues I had with MC I got "unprepared" answers with new problems ahead, because of bugs. Like now. You gave me an answer and I give you a new issue ;) regarding your answer. Developers will work/fix issues which will lead into another problems ... From vers. 0.01-8 nothing changed :) ....

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 06 Jun 2012

many thanks for your reply. If you can explain me the building of <Custom Futures> with eSignal feed on EUREX symbols than I will highlight this as the <HELP> of the year !!!!!!
I don't know why making a custom future with eSignal will be different than with other data providers. You can also try to add a continuous contract from eSignal if that's possible.
May going through MC's build <Symbol Dictionary> will help you. You will figure out that something is missing and/or wrong there ... So may MC developers can re-view it for the Official MC 8 release ... Could lead into less complains in the future ... ;)
I'm not sure how we can help you with 'something that is missing or wrong' without specifying what is wrong. For which Eurex symbol do you have trouble getting the right settings? What have you tried so far? (a screenshot would be helpful)

Return to “MultiCharts”