Cloned Market Data source has the setting shareds

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
danilo

Cloned Market Data source has the setting shareds

Postby danilo » 30 Jun 2012

I'd like to duplicate the IB data source to create a connection to the IB demo account. I have named the new data source as "IB Demo". Moreover to avoid that the demo system overrides the market data with old data, I have changed the connection port to 7400. The problem is that when I change the port in the "IB Demo" data source the port is also changed in the standard IB data source and vice versa. There is a way to avoid the sharing of settings for the cloned data sources ?

Regards

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Cloned Market Data source has the setting shareds

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Jul 2012

I'd like to duplicate the IB data source to create a connection to the IB demo account. I have named the new data source as "IB Demo". Moreover to avoid that the demo system overrides the market data with old data, I have changed the connection port to 7400. The problem is that when I change the port in the "IB Demo" data source the port is also changed in the standard IB data source and vice versa. There is a way to avoid the sharing of settings for the cloned data sources ?

Regards
Hello Danilo,

That is expected behavior.
"Clone" feature can be used with Universal DDE datafeed only.

h4nk

Re: Cloned Market Data source has the setting shareds

Postby h4nk » 03 Jul 2012

Hi Danilo,

Please vote for this feature:

http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-778

I need the clone feature to work on any data source as well. I have submitted a feature request above.

Return to “MultiCharts”