Access to drawing objects from indicator - is it possible?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
johnromeronc

Access to drawing objects from indicator - is it possible?

Postby johnromeronc » 30 Jun 2012

In reading the manual, it looks like I can access text and trend lines from an indicator. Is it possible to access the other drawing tools? I do not want to create them, I just want to read their values. In particular, I am looking to identify all Andrews Pitchforks on a chart, and obtain the barnumber they are drawn on. I'd settle for date / time.

What I am trying to accomplish is to take those 3 points and then draw DGL's (Dynamic Gann Lines) from them. Yes I know about and use the current indicator where you put text on a chart and then status off / on the indicator to get them to draw.

I am working on a mouse events to do the placement of the text for point selections and then draw the DGLs from there, but it would be a lot cleaner to start with the pitchfork 3 points.

I am guessing this will end up as a feature request. If that is the way I need to go, if others have needs / desires to access other drawing object attributes / properties, comment here and I will put them in my feature request. I am guessing I will create that in a few days to give others some time to reply to this.

TIA for your time to reply and comments / help.

John

TJ

Re: Access to drawing objects from indicator - is it possibl

Postby TJ » 30 Jun 2012

In reading the manual, it looks like I can access text and trend lines from an indicator. Is it possible to access the other drawing tools? I do not want to create them, I just want to read their values. In particular, I am looking to identify all Andrews Pitchforks on a chart, and obtain the barnumber they are drawn on. I'd settle for date / time.

What I am trying to accomplish is to take those 3 points and then draw DGL's (Dynamic Gann Lines) from them. Yes I know about and use the current indicator where you put text on a chart and then status off / on the indicator to get them to draw.

I am working on a mouse events to do the placement of the text for point selections and then draw the DGLs from there, but it would be a lot cleaner to start with the pitchfork 3 points.

I am guessing this will end up as a feature request. If that is the way I need to go, if others have needs / desires to access other drawing object attributes / properties, comment here and I will put them in my feature request. I am guessing I will create that in a few days to give others some time to reply to this.

TIA for your time to reply and comments / help.

John
re: Is it possible to access the other drawing tools?

ans: no.

johnromeronc

Re: Access to drawing objects from indicator - is it possibl

Postby johnromeronc » 30 Jun 2012

thanks for your response.

John

Return to “MultiCharts”