Drawing arrows/text using bar offset

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
buylosellhi

Drawing arrows/text using bar offset

Postby buylosellhi » 09 Jul 2012

Hi,
Is it possible to draw text or arrows on a chart with bar offset instead of using bar time ? I'm asking this because I use price range based charts and a lot of times multiple bars have same timestamp and arrow/text is drawn at the first bar that has the timestamp and not the desired bar (if you used a 'bars ago' type logic). Hope I'm making sense with what i'm asking... NT achieves with 'overloaded' functions for drawing.
thanks in advance for your help

TJ

Re: Drawing arrows/text using bar offset

Postby TJ » 09 Jul 2012

Hi,
Is it possible to draw text or arrows on a chart with bar offset instead of using bar time ? I'm asking this because I use price range based charts and a lot of times multiple bars have same timestamp and arrow/text is drawn at the first bar that has the timestamp and not the desired bar (if you used a 'bars ago' type logic). Hope I'm making sense with what i'm asking... NT achieves with 'overloaded' functions for drawing.
are you using these keywords?

ARW_NEW_s
TEXT_NEW_s

buylosellhi

yes. those functions require bar time in seconds.

TJ

Postby TJ » 09 Jul 2012

Hi,
if you use a 'bars ago' type logic,
you can use TIME_s[1] to reference previous bars.
But if multiple bars have the same time stamp, the first one will be used.

buylosellhi

TJ, thanks for your reply. yes, thats exactly what i'm trying to avoid. lets say there are 10 bars with the same timestamp and I want to draw the arrow above a bar 4 bars ago, then this would still draw it 10 bars ago, above the first bar that matches the timestamp.

is there a workaround this in MC ?

TJ

Postby TJ » 09 Jul 2012

TJ, thanks for your reply. yes, thats exactly what i'm trying to avoid. lets say there are 10 bars with the same timestamp and I want to draw the arrow above a bar 4 bars ago, then this would still draw it 10 bars ago, above the first bar that matches the timestamp.

is there a workaround this in MC ?
Not that I aware of...

Return to “MultiCharts”