MC program updating problem

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
gpw797

MC program updating problem

Postby gpw797 » 21 Jul 2012

I switched to 64 bit when it came out. I get a message that there is a new version so I download, start the install process, it asks for the location of the installation I point to the existing installation and MC installs a duplicate installation in the 32 bit program files directory (different location than where I told it the existing location was) ... very annoying as I have gone through this process several times. I don't need or want separate installation how can I fix this (without a whole lot of pain)...

TJ

Re: MC program updating problem

Postby TJ » 21 Jul 2012

I switched to 64 bit when it came out. I get a message that there is a new version so I download, start the install process, it asks for the location of the installation I point to the existing installation and MC installs a duplicate installation in the 32 bit program files directory (different location than where I told it the existing location was) ... very annoying as I have gone through this process several times. I don't need or want separate installation how can I fix this (without a whole lot of pain)...
The 64 bit is a separate program, it will not overwrite your 32 bit version.
If you don't want your 32 bit copy, you can always delete/uninstall it.

gpw797

Postby gpw797 » 21 Jul 2012

I understand that it is a separate program.. all I want to do was update my 64 bit MC to the latest version. My version says "MultiCharts64 Version 8.0 Beta 3 (Build 5375)" and I get a little dialog window when opening that tells me a newer version is available.. and when I try update it installs another instance of MC.

TJ

Postby TJ » 21 Jul 2012

Well, normally you don't need to choose an install location because MultiCharts would simply use the default location. If you have installed it at a non-default location, I would suggest you to uninstall it and start over again.

SP

Postby SP » 22 Jul 2012

Had the problem last week. The update link in the 64-bit program leads only to the 32-bit version. You need to download the newest 64-bit version from the website and fill out the form once again at https://www.multicharts.com/trading-software-download/.

gpw797

Postby gpw797 » 22 Jul 2012

grrr... what a pain... Fill out the form for the umpteenth time .. wait a day for response.. to update my software. Please fix MC.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 23 Jul 2012

grrr... what a pain... Fill out the form for the umpteenth time .. wait a day for response.. to update my software. Please fix MC.
It shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes....

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 23 Jul 2012

The download link is available as soon as you fill out that form.

kiasom

Postby kiasom » 25 Jul 2012

I've had the same problem with updating the 64 bit version and managed to install it without filling out any form. Although it refused to install in the location I wanted, which confused me a lot.
But now I get even more confused, maybe I installed the 32 bit version of 8.0 instead?!? Is there any way to see if I've got 32 or 64 bit installed?
The version nr I have on the computer is 8.0.5620.401

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Jul 2012

I've had the same problem with updating the 64 bit version and managed to install it without filling out any form. Although it refused to install in the location I wanted, which confused me a lot.
But now I get even more confused, maybe I installed the 32 bit version of 8.0 instead?!? Is there any way to see if I've got 32 or 64 bit installed?
The version nr I have on the computer is 8.0.5620.401
You need to go to Help tab->About MultiCharts.
For MultiCharts 8.0 Release x32 it will say:MultiCharts Version 8.0 Release (Build 5620)
For MultiCharts 8.0 Release x64 it will say:MultiCharts64 Version 8.0 Release (Build 5622)
Current version and build number are also written at the download page.

kiasom

Postby kiasom » 25 Jul 2012

You make a wonderful product and you have a fantastic support team!

I thought that if I'm a registered user I shouldn't have to register again in order to update from 7.x or 8.0 beta to 8.0 release.
Well, I missed that, and used my registration code during the update process, instead of filling out that form, so I got the 32 bit version instead... brilliant... would have appreciated some kind of info on that during update.
Well, I'll go and fill out that form right away :)

Return to “MultiCharts”