Problems with loading Custum Future  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
PK1

Problems with loading Custum Future

Postby PK1 » 09 Aug 2012

Hello,

in the Live chat I've talked to Roman and Katrin. Regarding this the export of settings and data (Future ES) was exported and sent. It was very helpful as always in the Live-Chat but no real solution for now. I'd like to explain it:

Settings:
  • Dataprovider IB (Real-Account), ES-Future
  • Live collected data is back until dec 2009 as far as I remember
  • Backfill before that data is until ESZ8 (Expiration Dec. 19th 2008)
  • Rollover Condition: 6 Trading days Prior to Expiration Date
  • Symbol code: !ES_106C0^HMUZ
  • For the session template I had 'Use Symbol Dictionary Sessions' showing me time like 8:30 - 15:15. Today I changed this to 0 - 23:59 because this was likely to create a second daily candle for the current day at 3pm everyday.
  • Historical data until 1970 for ES (M1/M5/M15/M30/M60/D1) was imported into ESZ8
At program start the state of the checkbox "Download missing historical data" is determining whether the chart with my custom future for ES is loading entirely or not.

In case the checkbox is checked chart data (Daily Candles) will be loaded until 11th of Sept.2009 but the contracts are going until 2008 as mentioned above. Each single contract until that date can be loadad into a chart but not together within the custom future. So the historical data don't come into play. Either way, at least the available contracts should be loaded, instead MC is never changing the information 'Backfilling ...' in the status line of the chart.

Having the named checkbox unchecked MC will load all existing data until 1970 as it should be. The same applies when using a PaperAccount from IB but independent from check state. For me it seems like MC is not able to get data through this Paperaccount-Datafeed (ES is not updating on the chart) hence MC is not running into this particular workflow of checking and loading likely missing data.

Another thing:
It looks like that PlotPaintBar is not processing the entire chart (on Aug/9/2012 the first processed Daily Candle is 2nd of March 1989).

PK1

Re: Problems with loading Custum Future

Postby PK1 » 09 Aug 2012

For the session template I had 'Use Symbol Dictionary Sessions' showing me time like 8:30 - 15:15. Today I changed this to 0 - 23:59 because this was likely to create a second daily candle for the current day at 3pm everyday.
Changing the session time was no good idea at all. Now MC is showing candles for some subsequent days with same OCHL. Some days like 8th and 3th of August are left out at all. All on a daily chart. Removing the current contract data (E2U2) is not helping! ;(

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Aug 2012

This issue has been confirmed and it will be fixed in MultiCharts 8.1
Hotfix would be provided next week.

PK1

Re: Problems with loading Custum Future  [SOLVED]

Postby PK1 » 16 Aug 2012

I have a HotFix-Update of tsIBDataFeed.dll installed. Now all available contract data is loaded and shown on chart, as expected.

Thank You very much!

Roman MultiCharts

Postby Roman MultiCharts » 16 Aug 2012

Hello PK1,

We're glad to hear that the hot fix solved the issue. This hot fix will be included into the next version.

If needed, both hot fixes (x32 and x64) are attached.
Attachments
MC_IB_80x64.zip
For MC8.0 x64
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 156 times
MC_IB_80.zip
For MC8.0 x32
(927.96 KiB) Downloaded 156 times

Return to “MultiCharts”