Refresh Strategy Positions window?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Splint

Refresh Strategy Positions window?

Postby Splint » 14 Aug 2012

Hi,

I have been doing a few things with TWS and Multicharts to force TWS to double up on orders (which I have written about in another thread). The reason for this is so I can record some images of the doubled up orders to use in a macro to notify me by email should such an event occur in actual trading.

As a result of that the Strategy Positions window is badly out of sync with actual positions in TWS. I noticed also that when i used the Assign Initial Market Position at the Broker window SB, which was an already open position, should have had a stop put in place, but it didn't.

It looks like I have really confused Multicharts. Is there any way to refresh the screen so that it is representative of the actual broker and strategy positions?

Thanks
David
Attachments
0007671.jpg
(159.88 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
0007672.jpg
(155.96 KiB) Downloaded 503 times

Roman MultiCharts

Re: Refresh Strategy Positions window?

Postby Roman MultiCharts » 14 Aug 2012

Hello Splint,
It looks like I have really confused Multicharts. Is there any way to refresh the screen so that it is representative of the actual broker and strategy positions?
Strategy Position values are not to be saved. Please turn the automated trading off and disconnect IB broker profile. Restart MultiCharts and connect IB broker profile.
I noticed also that when i used the Assign Initial Market Position at the Broker window SB, which was an already open position, should have had a stop put in place, but it didn't.
Was the stop order submitted at TWS at the moment when you assigned the initial market position?

Splint

Postby Splint » 15 Aug 2012

The stop does not get submitted at all. There is no record of a stop for SB.This appears to be unique to SB. The four other instruments running the same system have their orders created and sent correctly.

I turned on chart trading and placed a trade manually to see if it worked,it did send the order through to TWS. Now I have hidden the chart trading window but cannot for the life of me figure out how to make all the notation text on the chart disappear.

Just now I manually closed the existing short position in SB and then turned on auto trading, MC sent a stop order to go short in SB. It looks like auto trading is now playing the game. Is it possible that the original short position was a manually entered trade which is causing issues with auto trading?

Splint

Postby Splint » 16 Aug 2012

To confuse matters a little further, this afternoon MC sent 2 buy orders for HSI at the same time with different stop prices. Any idea why that would that happened?
Attachments
TWS HSI 2.gif
(36.48 KiB) Downloaded 509 times
Strategy Positions - O&PT Window.gif
(11.68 KiB) Downloaded 500 times
Orders - O&PT Window.gif
(40.14 KiB) Downloaded 496 times
Open Positions - O&PT Window.gif
(13.91 KiB) Downloaded 501 times
HSI - Two different buy orders sent simultaniously.gif
(28.39 KiB) Downloaded 501 times

Splint

Postby Splint » 16 Aug 2012

The image of the other order.
Attachments
TWS HSI 1.gif
(35.03 KiB) Downloaded 501 times

Splint

Postby Splint » 17 Aug 2012

I had a look at the session times in QuoteManager and found the session times for both the ascii data and the live data for the Hang Seng were incorrect and I've corrected the session times so that both are the same.

Could this be a reason why the stops have been disappearing and generally behaving strangely?
Attachments
HSIU12 exisiting settings - Interactive Brokers.jpg
(194.15 KiB) Downloaded 499 times
HS exisiting settings - ASCII.jpg
(202.14 KiB) Downloaded 501 times
HSIU12 corrected settings - Interactive Brokers.jpg
(207.11 KiB) Downloaded 500 times

Return to “MultiCharts”