regular and 24 hour session not working

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
benysl

regular and 24 hour session not working

Postby benysl » 06 Jun 2006

hi

I am just wondering is it me only having this problem.

I am using IB as datafeed.

I have set the session for the ES and ER2 market to start from 00:00 to 23:59 under the quote manager

When I plot a chart using Regular session under the format symbol it always show up as full (24 hour session)

The only way I can plot a regular session charts is unless I change the timing to start from 8.30 to 15:15.

But I do need the 24 hour session at times.

PLEASE ADVISE

thank you

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 07 Jun 2006

Did you try setting a custom template, like 24/5 ?

benysl

Postby benysl » 07 Jun 2006

Did you try setting a custom template, like 24/5 ?
yes basically I did set it to 24/5 00:00 to 23:59

When I plot a 5 mins or 10 mins or whatever charts
Whether I choose to display regular or 24 hour session

it always show data from 00:00 - 23:59

Any advice is appreciated

fs

Postby fs » 07 Jun 2006

It took me a long time to figure out how MC treat sessions.

When you set your session as Regular, MC displays the chart according to the session you have assigned to the symbol. So, if your session is defined as 00:00 to 23:59, this is what MC will display under regular. When you set the setting to 24 hours, MC ignores the session assigned to your symbol and display all the data.

So, to do what you want to do, is the set your session as 8:30 to 15:15 and when change the setting to regular, this is what you will see. To see all the data, just change the setting to 24 Hour.

You don't have to define your custom session from scratch. MC already have one under the Custom Session Templates. Pick "CME: Equity Index Futures (Open Outcry)".

- Fanus

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 08 Jun 2006

I got to admit, the "Regular" option for session modes is very misleading.

This will be renamed to something like "User Defined", so there is a meaningful name. Otherwise, the explanation here is right, create your own session template or select a matching one from the list.

benysl

Postby benysl » 08 Jun 2006

It took me a long time to figure out how MC treat sessions.

When you set your session as Regular, MC displays the chart according to the session you have assigned to the symbol. So, if your session is defined as 00:00 to 23:59, this is what MC will display under regular. When you set the setting to 24 hours, MC ignores the session assigned to your symbol and display all the data.

So, to do what you want to do, is the set your session as 8:30 to 15:15 and when change the setting to regular, this is what you will see. To see all the data, just change the setting to 24 Hour.

You don't have to define your custom session from scratch. MC already have one under the Custom Session Templates. Pick "CME: Equity Index Futures (Open Outcry)".

- Fanus
wow thanks a lot
cheers everybody

Return to “MultiCharts”