Keeps asking me to transmit orders...

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
KhaosTrader

Keeps asking me to transmit orders...

Postby KhaosTrader » 31 Aug 2012

Hi,

I am running a strategy with code that updates the orders every tick if unfilled, the problem is, it asks me to resubmit every tick or so, even if the buy and sell orders are the same value... so what do i do about that? is there a way where it wont keep asking me to submit new orders?

KhaosTrader

Re: Keeps asking me to transmit orders...

A better question would be for me to change my code where it wont resubmit orders that are the same, what function can i use to do that?

KhaosTrader

i need a function that will detect if there are existing orders that are unfilled which can be verified by number of shares , price , etc

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 31 Aug 2012

i need a function that will detect if there are existing orders that are unfilled which can be verified by number of shares , price , etc
There's no such function already available as far as I know; you need to code this yourself in your strategy.
A better question would be for me to change my code where it wont resubmit orders that are the same, what function can i use to do that?
There's no function to stop sending orders; you need to code that in your strategy.
I am running a strategy with code that updates the orders every tick if unfilled, the problem is, it asks me to resubmit every tick or so, even if the buy and sell orders are the same value... so what do i do about that? is there a way where it wont keep asking me to submit new orders?
That's the default behaviour of MultiCharts; as long as your order conditions remain true, the order is submitted. If you don't want to resubmit orders, you need to code that in your strategy.

KhaosTrader

ok what code can i use to find if there are any unfilled open entries?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Aug 2012

KhaosTrader, you need to disable "Require Order confirmation" in Format->Strategy properties->Auto Trading tab.

KhaosTrader

got it.

Also I am putting in "if OpenEntriesCount=0 then.." as a condition in my entry code.. is that right?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Sep 2012

ok what code can i use to find if there are any unfilled open entries?
See Josh's reply.
There's no such function already available as far as I know; you need to code this yourself in your strategy.
got it.
Also I am putting in "if OpenEntriesCount=0 then.." as a condition in my entry code.. is that right?
It depends on what you are trying to achieve. This code checks that you have no filled entries at the broker. It does not check whether you have unfilled entries or not.

Return to “MultiCharts”