Saving Optimization Paramaters to the chart

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
KhaosTrader

Saving Optimization Paramaters to the chart

Postby KhaosTrader » 06 Sep 2012

How can I save optimization paramaters to the chart?

This would be good because I could copy an existing chart for another security and then optimize it. Currently I have to fill out many fields by hand each time I want to train. Its a pain.

ABC

Re: Saving Optimization Paramaters to the chart

Postby ABC » 07 Sep 2012

KhaosTrader,

I am not sure what you mean with "save optimization paramaters to the chart", but in case you are looking for a way to apply a parameter set of a certain optimization result to the strategy on the chart: Double clicking with the left mouse button on the line in the optimization report will bring up a window asking "Do you want to apply this input combination to the strategy?".

Regards,
ABC

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Sep 2012

How can I save optimization paramaters to the chart?

This would be good because I could copy an existing chart for another security and then optimize it. Currently I have to fill out many fields by hand each time I want to train. Its a pain.
Last used Optimization Inputs are saved when you save the workspace and when you copy/paste the chart.

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 09 Sep 2012

The results of an optimization test disappear when a workspace is closed. This is a major missing feature. The fact that the one single last selected iteration is saved is completely insufficient.

Please see:

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-130

In fact, there are several important requested enhancements to the MC optimization workflow and human interaction process that are awaiting acceptance for action by the MC development team.

KhaosTrader

Postby KhaosTrader » 09 Sep 2012

Agreed, there are several things that need to be done, namely dividing the training set and having an out of sample testing set, as well as being able to save the parameters. I hope they improve it in version 8.1...

I just voted for the MC-130 feature request :)

Return to “MultiCharts”