style templates and measuring two points  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
whitefox

style templates and measuring two points

Postby whitefox » 13 Sep 2012

I've been using MC for a couple months and I have 2 things I have not been able to figure out.

1. Is there anyway to save 'style' templates? I know how to save study templates, but I also have a couple different types of charts with certain style combinations that I want to use over and over. I know I have save a single 'default' style. Is there anyway to apply style templates as in MT?

2. MT also has a nice feature where you hit ctrl-F and are able to measure the distance between two points. Does MC have a way to do this?

thanks

TJ

Re: style templates and measuring two points

Postby TJ » 13 Sep 2012

I've been using MC for a couple months and I have 2 things I have not been able to figure out.

1. Is there anyway to save 'style' templates? I know how to save study templates, but I also have a couple different types of charts with certain style combinations that I want to use over and over. I know I have save a single 'default' style. Is there anyway to apply style templates as in MT?

thanks
You can copy and paste a chart... the new chart would retain all the indicators and styles of the old chart. You can then change the instrument and you will have a duplicate of everything of the old chart.

File > Copy Window

Henry MultiСharts

Re: style templates and measuring two points

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Sep 2012

2. MT also has a nice feature where you hit ctrl-F and are able to measure the distance between two points. Does MC have a way to do this?

thanks
1) There are no 'style' templates in MultiCharts. Please use TJ's advice from the previous post.
2) There is no such prebuilt tool, but you can achieve your goal with the help of PowerLanguage.

TJ

Re: style templates and measuring two points  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 14 Sep 2012

thanks
Check out the Drawing Tools
They do some measurements

https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... wing_Tools

e.g.
Fibonacci Retracement Price Lines
Gann Square
Retracement Calculator

Return to “MultiCharts”