Position of Trendline and Arrows lost after restart  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
PK1

Position of Trendline and Arrows lost after restart

Postby PK1 » 20 Sep 2012

Applying two trendlines on a daily chart (Custom future for GC) and some arrow up / down icons on the chart. After restart of MC all of them are positionedto the second last bar. Not sure whether this happens with every restart but I put the trendlines and arrows a dozen times back but MC doesn't like it. So at the moment I can not use this very basic functionaliy.

Copying / Pasting the chart and using a new clean workspace doesn't help.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Position of Trendline and Arrows lost after restart

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Sep 2012

Hello PK1,

Is it possible for you to come to our Live Chat 6:30 am - 1 pm EST to demonstrate the problem remotely to the engineers? That will be the best and fastest way to procceed.

If you are unable to do that please send me the following:
1) What exact version and build number of MultiCharts are you running? (in MultiCharts go to Help tab-> About)
2) In QuoteManager right click on your Custom Futures->Export instruments (you need to export it with data)
3) Create a screenshot of the workspace with trendlines/arrows you have placed (original)
4) Create a screenshot of the workspace after the restart
5) Attach the workspace itself

PK1

Postby PK1 » 21 Sep 2012

ok, after the demonstration one note:

the start date of the trendlines and the date of the arrows will also change when closing and reopening the workspace. Means: Closing and restarting of MC is not needed to reproduce the problem.

PK1

Postby PK1 » 05 Oct 2012

any news regarding this?

PK1

Postby PK1 » 08 Oct 2012

I've seen that the problem is not only when using such 'arrows' or trendlines, also 'equidistant channels' are lost after restart. The result seems to be the same. After restart the start date of this drawing is changed. This is a very basic thing and I dont understand why this is not working in MC.

Regarding the screenshots I think there is no need to say, that the original setting where different to the changed view.

Attachments
EquidistantChannel.jpg
EquidistantChannel
(128.77 KiB) Downloaded 1437 times
Trendlines_Arrows.jpg
(84.57 KiB) Downloaded 1439 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Position of Trendline and Arrows lost after restart  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Oct 2012

This issue has been fixed. The fix will be available in the next version of MultiCharts that is to be released later this fall.

The workaround for the moment is to place a drawing based on the data series, not indicator.
You can check it if you right click on the chart->Format Drawings->Base data # column
The drawing that has ESZ2 ( for ex. ) in Base data # column will be ok
The drawing that has Mov Avg 1 line ( for ex. ) in Base data # column can lose its position after opening the workspace
The visual order of data series and studies can be setup if you right click on the chart->Visual order.
You need to send the data series to back and then place a drawing.

Return to “MultiCharts”