Multicharts Missing Modified Schiff Pitchfork  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tony95

Multicharts Missing Modified Schiff Pitchfork

Postby tony95 » 23 Sep 2012

I really need to be able to add a modified schiff pitchfork to a chart. All of my other charting packages have this ability (ToS, mbt desktop, NT and ensign). Is it possible to get a plugin or create a custom drawing tool to do this?

TJ

Re: Multicharts Missing Modified Schiff Pitchfork  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 23 Sep 2012

I really need to be able to add a modified schiff pitchfork to a chart. All of my other charting packages have this ability (ToS, mbt desktop, NT and ensign). Is it possible to get a plugin or create a custom drawing tool to do this?
I use the Gann Square to calculate the Schiff shift, then draw the pitchfork.
It is a 2 step process, but not too much trouble.
Sometimes I even eyeball the shift without the exact calculation.

tony95

Re: Multicharts Missing Modified Schiff Pitchfork

Postby tony95 » 23 Sep 2012

I had been drawing them by eye, but I was starting to get nervous about my precision. That's a good trick to use the gann box. I just draw the box from pivot A to B and move the tail to the center of the box. Still, MS Ptichfork should be included in any premium charting package.

TJ

Re: Multicharts Missing Modified Schiff Pitchfork

Postby TJ » 23 Sep 2012

I had been drawing them by eye, but I was starting to get nervous about my precision. That's a good trick to use the gann box. I just draw the box from pivot A to B and move the tail to the center of the box. Still, MS Ptichfork should be included in any premium charting package.
I wouldn't worry too much about exact precision, this is not the the holy law of the universe. It is only a handy tool for you to visually gauge the momentum. I have trained my eyes to do the shift or the fork without relying on a 5 decimal calculation. YMMV.

Back to your original point, yes, it would be handy to have the Schiff Pitchfork in MultiCharts.
Please post a project request.
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

Return to “MultiCharts”