CBOT changed the trading hours for the grain sessions

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
mefTrader

CBOT changed the trading hours for the grain sessions

Postby mefTrader » 03 Oct 2012

Sent this note to DTN
For @BO#, Bean Oil I am using "Use Custom Sessions" , Exchange in MultiCharts attached...

There is a break in the session at 715 and the close of the Daily Candle is at 1315 per the close of the session in the settings but I have an alert being generated that seems to be generated at the close of the "break of session" rather than the close of session at 1315? ( 6 hour difference)

This strategy/workspace has not changed in over a year yet this seems to be a recent anomally?

Any ideas to help me here?

For @W# and @S# I am using "Use Symbol Dictionary Sessions" and the same issue is arising too?

The version of MC has not changed in ~months too. Has something changed with DTN IQ Feed recently ?
and I got this reply
A couple of months ago, the CBOT changed the trading hours for the grain sessions. They now trade from 18:00 until 15:00 eastern US time. The 7:15 break and 1:15 close are gone.
I am using MC 7.4 Build 4953

Is there a new session template for @BO#, @S# and @W# or does "Symbol Dictionary Settings" pick it up

If so why are my alerts which happen at close of a Daily candle happening around the session break time?

mefTrader

Re: CBOT changed the trading hours for the grain sessions

Postby mefTrader » 03 Oct 2012

Too @ DTN has replied
I have version 8.0, build 5620 of MultiCharts and it looks like the Symbol Dictionary Settings have not been updated. It is good that you ask MultiCharts. Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: CBOT changed the trading hours for the grain sessions

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Oct 2012

MultiCharts does not pickup any instrument/exchange settings from the Internet. You need to manually adjust the settings if they have changed.

We are checking with IQfeed what exact roots have been updated so that we can update it on our end. The corrections we will do with the symbol dictionary would be seen for new clean installations only or if a new root is added to the dictionary. The root settings you already have in your database would not be overwritten.

Return to “MultiCharts”