Is there a way to detect a muti instance session?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arjfca

Is there a way to detect a muti instance session?

Postby arjfca » 02 Nov 2012

Hello

First time that I encounter this problem. My system imply to communicate with Excel. The dll collection that I was using failed after an update and I had to replace them with an Older collection ElExcel.dll.

Code will work well if each charts is open in one instance, but failed if more charts using the same dll code opened under the same instance

Is there a way to detect a multi instance session or to prevent any problem with the dll code other than opening individual session.

Hope I'm clear because it is very early ( 3:00 am) and my English is still sleeping

Martin :)

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Is there a way to detect a muti instance session?

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 02 Nov 2012

Hello Martin,

Do i understand you correctly that if you use you .dll on multiple charts within 1 MultiCharts instance, then it works fine, but if you open another instance, plot new charts there and call the same .dll from there, then it doesn't work?

arjfca

Re: Is there a way to detect a muti instance session?

Postby arjfca » 02 Nov 2012

Hello Martin,

Do i understand you correctly that if you use you .dll on multiple charts within 1 MultiCharts instance, then it works fine, but if you open another instance, plot new charts there and call the same .dll from there, then it doesn't work?
Yes Andrew

Open One session... Work fine
Open one session, then open new workspaces within the same session ... Failed

I need a way to enable witch charts workspace as the communication right. Global variable may be the solution.

Martin

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Is there a way to detect a muti instance session?  [SOLVED]

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 21 Nov 2012

Please zip the following files and sent them to my email ashuvlenov@multicharts.com or upload here so we can investigate the situation on our end:

• The exported from PowerLanguage Editor study/signal that reproduces the issue (file -> export -> ...)
• The .dll file.
• The workspace(s) (file -> save workspace as -> …) where the issue took place.
• The exported from QuoteManager instruments (right-click on the symbol in QM -> exports instruments… -> …) those are used on the workspace(s).

Please describe how we can reproduce the issue step-by-step.

Return to “MultiCharts”