I think most will want to vote for this idea.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

I think most will want to vote for this idea.

Postby bowlesj3 » 07 Nov 2012

I think this will get a lot more votes once everyone knows about it.

Confirmation Prompt: Are you sure you want to delete this study/indicator?
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-942

If the votes jump by 3 or more from the current 2 votes then it suggests that the bug tracker needs some improvements.

sptrader

Re: I think most will want to vote for this idea.

Postby sptrader » 07 Nov 2012

If the votes jump by 3 or more from the current 2 votes then it suggests that the bug tracker needs some improvements.
How about an "UNDO" button (like in Word or Excel) in case we accidently delete a study or workspace ?
That way we can go back prior to the delete keystroke or other accidental move.
I think either could work.

Stormy

Postby Stormy » 08 Nov 2012

Just voted. I was going to suggest this as well. I like the undo/redo option like EXCEL rather than the prompt each time, less annoying, but for those times when you make a mistake, simply being able to click 'undo' would save a lot of time.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 08 Nov 2012

Undo would be even better but I very strongly suspect it would be a lot harder to program. So maybe one could be done then the other later. Maybe it could be an option as well with the check-box asking if you want to keep seeing this prompt. Deleting studies on purpose is actually very rare in my experience (almost never). Normally I turn them off temporarily. For me, unintentionally deleting a study/indicator normally occurs when I go to delete a manually placed drawing object and unintentionally highlight a plot or drawing object created by the study. I do this probably every few months. I am somewhat lucky in that I can fire up the notebook and view the settings by opening the live work-space that gets copied over to the notebook every night. However even with that advantage getting the study back in place with the proper parameter settings takes 5 to 10 minutes. If someone has only one computer or does not make a copy every night then deleting a study becomes a bigger problem. Loosing 5/10 minutes (or more) during the trading day is not a good thing. That is why this thread was created. Let me guess. Everyone reading this guessed that - LOL. So this fairly short programming effort will save many traders (the ones who are not 100% automated which is probably most) many times that short programming effort within the first year. I am going to guess that the time to program this is about 1 hour per drawing object. It could also be put in the other location where the delete button is located. That too would be helpful.

I put a variation on the above comment in the PM entry comment for this request.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 08 Nov 2012

Within one day the votes for this idea has doubled (100% increase) simply because this idea was brought to attention. This suggests that the ideas I have for the bug tracker in the link below could increase voting accuracy in the bug tracker a significant amount (I am guessing 50% or more). Would anyone happen to know the best place to submit these ideas?

Bug Tracker ideas:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9252&hilit=votes

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 08 Nov 2012

Sadly... I can't vote more than once....

Martin :)

Return to “MultiCharts”