Copy Strategy Performance Report to another MC or to MC.NET

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Fabrice

Copy Strategy Performance Report to another MC or to MC.NET

Postby Fabrice » 23 Nov 2012

Is it possible to copy Strategy Performance Report (for a defined symbol) to another MC (other computer) or to MC.Net ?
I wish to continue to trade manually the same symbol but don't want to lose the statistics.
Regards.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Copy Strategy Performance Report to another MC or to MC.

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Nov 2012

Hello Fabrice,

Strategy Performance Report reflects only the orders that were either generated in backtesting or filled in realtime (SA mode) by the strategy or both backtesting and realtime orders (AA mode).
If you need to have the same Strategy Performance Report then you need to use the same data, strategy and workspace on the target PC.

Here's How to backup user data.

Trading Performance Report reflects all filled orders from Order and Position Tracker Order tab.
You can copy the order records from PC1 to PC2 (32bit to 32 bit only, 64 bit to 64 bit only) and they will appear on the chart if you will use the same broker account.

To save your OPT records you need to copy these folders from PC1 to PC2:
WinXP "%allusersprofile%\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\TradingCenter\"
VISTA, W7 "%allusersprofile%\TS Support\MultiCharts\TradingCenter\"
(change MultiCharts to MultiCharts64 if your MC is 64 bit)

Fabrice

Re: Copy Strategy Performance Report to another MC or to MC.

Postby Fabrice » 24 Nov 2012

Made a mistake. I was interested in the "Trading Performance Report". I only trade manually. The 3 others reports are empty. So copying the TradingCenter directory is the only thing to be done.

You do not mention it, but the symbol in QM has to be created with the exact same name I suppose. I have noticed that changing the symbol name (in QM) prevent access to the Trading Perf Report (as if it is another symbol).

Return to “MultiCharts”