Mysterious behavior of volume delta charts in range chart  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
piranhaxp

Mysterious behavior of volume delta charts in range chart

Postby piranhaxp » 07 Dec 2012

MULTICHARTS Version 8.5 Beta 1 (Build 6332)

May I have a huge mistake in my logical thinking about range charts and volume delta calculations. Today, observing the ES in a 4 point range chart, I figured out that 5 boxes of volume delta are build when you set your chart as I wrote before. Later on, I got the confirmation that in every 4 point range chart, 5 boxes of volume delta are build. In a 3 point range chart 4 boxes are build ....

I attached a chart .... Further I see that the tick, which extends the bar or which should open a new bar is calculated in the extended (wrong) bar and not in the new bar with a new open ...

I can provide a video for further explanation via PM.

Would like to discuss this further ..... For me seems like a misleading routine. Please do not take to much attention to my comments in the chart. I just made it for a friend to discuss crazy bid/ask and trade behavior in 3 bars with prices going up but delta is strong negative and vice versa ....

Regards.

Mike
Attachments
marketdelta_range_charts.png
(91.17 KiB) Downloaded 418 times

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Mysterious behavior of volume delta charts in range char  [SOLVED]

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 07 Dec 2012

Hello Piranhaxp,

The number of box equals the number of price levels occupied by one bar. You can make a right-click on the chart -> Insert Instruments... -> select the same data source and the same symbol -> Settings -> change the chart type to Regular, make sure the resolution is the same as for Volume Delta series, choose to show on Subchart #1 -> Ok (you can also change the style in order to see the different colors for the second data series):

P.S. A box is red if delta of ask and bid is negative. The darker is a red box, the lower is its delta value.
This page may be helpful for you.

piranhaxp

Re: Mysterious behavior of volume delta charts in range char

Postby piranhaxp » 07 Dec 2012

Yes Andrew. Thanks a lot. I had a logic-error in my ????? . Of course you are right. Thanks a lot. The other stuff, of course, is clear ....

Thanks .

Mike

Return to “MultiCharts”