Setpercenttrailing problem

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ctu1121

Setpercenttrailing problem

Postby ctu1121 » 13 Dec 2012

I use MC8 and Interactive brokers to trade German stock. I use setpercenttrailing to exit my position. After creating my position, I see many many stop order on my TWS. Please see attached photo for your reference. May I know how could I solve this problem? Thanks!
Attachments
TWS set.png
(182.91 KiB) Downloaded 543 times

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Setpercenttrailing problem

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 13 Dec 2012

Hello Ctu1121,
  1. If you have not restarted MultiCharts since the issue took place, please send us your MultiCharts logs.
  2. Please export Orders tab from Order and Position Tracker window (make sure the trailing stop order is displayed there) and attach the file here.

ctu1121

Please see order log as attached file.
Attachments
tws order.png
(402.08 KiB) Downloaded 535 times

ctu1121

Please see log as attached file.
Attachments
tws log.png
(340.1 KiB) Downloaded 534 times

evdl

Postby evdl » 13 Dec 2012

I think the problem is with pricescale setting in quotemanager.

In the logfiles I see that stop order with 83.037 is rejected. The pricescale should be 1/100 (see attachment). Then the stop will be 83.04 and should not be rejected.
Attachments
Pricescale quotemanager.png
Pricescale Quotemanager
(15.06 KiB) Downloaded 590 times

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 14 Dec 2012

Actually the price scale is not the reason of multiple stop orders in IB TWS. I do agree that previously it was the reason of the rejections, but it is not the case for our situation.

On the screenshot from Orders tab i can see that last (top) stop order has Saved final status. This status appears only when MultiCharts did not receive final status for the placed order from IB API, so the software doesn't know if the order was cancelled or executed. In this case the trading platform assumes the order no longer exists and if your script continues placing the same order on every calculation (if the conditions are met for order generation), the old order is ignored and new order (can be absolutely identical) is placed. This can lead to multiple identical orders in IB TWS, since the initial order (that is without final status) is considered as cancelled by MultiCharts, but in fact it is still active in IB TWS.

Since you did not provide MultiCharts logs, this explanation has no proof, but the case is known.

We have reported multiple times this situation to IB support and it always ends up with unknown particular steps to reproduce the issue so they cannot fix this in their API.

Return to “MultiCharts”