IQ Feed as data source, Interactive Brokers as broker

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ctu1121

IQ Feed as data source, Interactive Brokers as broker

Postby ctu1121 » 13 Dec 2012

Due to Interactive Brokers data limitation, I try to use IQ Feed as my new data source.
After I use IQ Feed to plot a chart and insert my study, I can not see any signal to trade.

After return to back to use IB as data source to plot the chart, I can see signal to trade
automatically.

May I know is there any setup I should do before using IQ Feed as data source in my
MultiCharts?

Thanks!

Henry MultiСharts

Re: IQ Feed as data source, Interactive Brokers as broker

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 Dec 2012

Hello ctu1121,

Please make sure you have setup the symbol mapping.

siscop

Postby siscop » 16 Dec 2012

Hi Henry,
can I activate a strategy in a chart with IQfeed and depend on the data coming from IQfeed trigger an opening of a position?
In other word I have a strategy that is flat does not use a ticker from IB while it is flat?
I remember to have read somewhere that it is not possible since a strategy uses the bid and ask from IB to trigger the opening but with the modification from symbol mapping it should be possible or am I on a wrong track?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Dec 2012

Hello siscop,

The strategy is calcualted on the data provided by your datafeed selected for the chart, the orders are formed with the price provided by this datafeed. The orders are filled by broker on broker prices.

For special orders there is an option "Get Real-Time Data from" in Auto Trading settings. Please refer to this wiki article for detailed description and examples.

Return to “MultiCharts”