Studies  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Studies

Postby 1.618 » 14 Dec 2012

Hello All. Is there a reference that gives a quick rundown on the purpose of each study in the same manner that the Multicharts user manual describes the purpose of each drawing tool? Multicharts manual does a good job of explaining how to implement studies, but I couldn't identify what type of technical analysis the studies are used for. I know a few from using NT but not all. Thanks.

TJ

Re: Studies

Postby TJ » 14 Dec 2012

Hello All. Is there a reference that gives a quick rundown on the purpose of each study in the same manner that the Multicharts user manual describes the purpose of each drawing tool? Multicharts manual does a good job of explaining how to implement studies, but I couldn't identify what type of technical analysis the studies are used for. I know a few from using NT but not all. Thanks.
The basic studies are pretty standard stuff -- MACD, Stochastic, RSI, Bollinger Bands: you can find lots of books and websites on how to implement them.

The other ones, eg. autotrendline, you just apply to the chart and that's it.

If you have specific questions on a specific indicator, please post your questions here.

You can also check the Knowledge Base:
https://www.multicharts.com/support/base/

Re: Studies  [SOLVED]

Postby 1.618 » 15 Dec 2012

Thanks!

Return to “MultiCharts”