Calculate volume of indices

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
evdl

Calculate volume of indices

Postby evdl » 28 Jan 2013

I try to calculate the total volume, upvolume and downvolume of the DAX and other indices.

I use the market scanner, and display the 30 stocks of the DAX. Also added the indicators "volume up", "volume dn" and "volume today". Is there a simple way to calculate the totals of these values and plot these on a different chart. (for example the dax chart which I use to trade the dax future)

I probably could use ADE. But I noticed that if you add indicators to the market scanner it will add the indicator to all the symbols that are in the market scanner. I assume it is not possible to add an indicator to only one symbol or individual symbols in the market scanner.

This will give a problem on how to determine the individual volume values of the different symbols. And then send these to an ADE receiver indicator on another chart.

Has someone got this in place already, and like to share or can give some pointers how to do this?

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Calculate volume of indices

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 29 Jan 2013

Yes, you can use ADE or GV .dlls for this. This keyword should be helpful for developing the filter for symbols.

Return to “MultiCharts”