What does cc1plus.exe do?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
siscop

What does cc1plus.exe do?

Postby siscop » 10 Feb 2013

I have tried to install the MC 8.5 rc 32 bit version. After 3h of rebooting, installing and removing I gave up and installed MC8.0 release 32 bit and now I have the same problem there too.
The installation of MC 8.5 kept on hanging at 40 sec to the end and it seems that it hanged on a loop with “cc1plus.exe” // whatever that does.
System Win7
I killed the installation MC manually via the task manager -> after that it said install successful. Naturally I am scared that my live trading system has some error now that will cost me.

Is “cc1plus.exe” important?

siscop

Re: What does cc1plus.exe do?

Postby siscop » 10 Feb 2013

Ok I tried it again and it worked but I had to wait for 90 min for the installation to end. That is quit long and I have never had that.
Just in case someone has the same problem... Just go an watch a movie ;D

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 10 Feb 2013

The "verifying studies" part is what takes so long. The installation alone, shouldn't take more than 5 minutes by itself..
When you install, you have the option of NOT verifying all studies, then it's fast. (you can verify the studies in PE, after the install completes- the advantage of verifying in PE, it gives you a progress percentage, so you know when it will be done).
I don't know WHY verifying studies takes so long in MC, TS does it in a minute or two..
I just start the "install" and walk away for an hour and it's done.

TJ

Postby TJ » 10 Feb 2013

The "verifying studies" part is what takes so long. The installation alone, shouldn't take more than 5 minutes by itself..
When you install, you have the option of NOT verifying all studies, then it's fast. (you can verify the studies in PE, after the install completes- the advantage of verifying in PE, it gives you a progress percentage, so you know when it will be done).
I don't know WHY verifying studies takes so long in MC, TS does it in a minute or two..
I just start the "install" and walk away for an hour and it's done.
> I don't know WHY verifying studies takes so long in MC, TS does it in a minute or two..

That's because MultiCharts' indicators are compiled into DLLs, while TS's indicators are merely parsed into intermediate pseudo codes.

In laymen's terms, MultiCharts' indicators become an integral part of the charting program (thus runs faster), where TS' indicators are add-on.

Dru

Postby Dru » 11 Feb 2013

The installation of MC 8.5 kept on hanging at 40 sec to the end and it seems that it hanged on a loop with “cc1plus.exe”
Is “cc1plus.exe” important?
This is g++ compiler tool. Probably you have some "monstrous" study(s) with thousands lines of code (8000 or higher). The g++ may hang on such "wonderful creations".

siscop

Postby siscop » 11 Feb 2013

This is g++ compiler tool. Probably you have some "monstrous" study(s) with thousands lines of code (8000 or higher). The g++ may hang on such "wonderful creations".
LOL
In C# or in MQL the code can get very large but in EL it stays very small.
On my simulation computer the installation goes very fast but on my trading computer which is very slow an only there for trading it takes forever.
Thank all of you for your answer and now I also know for what “cc1plus.” Is used for.

Return to “MultiCharts”