day trading times for various commocities

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
familytrading

day trading times for various commocities

Postby familytrading » 16 Feb 2013

I have been trading the emini's since 2004 and have a good idea on what the day times I should use. Although the closing times were changed recently, still the 8:30 to 3:15 continue to work well. I would like to add additional commodities to review and study but don't want to trade in "off hours".

Does anyone have any suggestions on what "day hours" would be for the following commodities:

US Bonds, TY, US
Oil: CL
Gold: Large COMEX account
Silver: Si
Soy Beans
Euro
Yen
British Pound

The currencies are for futures not FOREX

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

TJ

Re: day trading times for various commocities

Postby TJ » 16 Feb 2013

I have been trading the emini's since 2004 and have a good idea on what the day times I should use. Although the closing times were changed recently, still the 8:30 to 3:15 continue to work well. I would like to add additional commodities to review and study but don't want to trade in "off hours".

Does anyone have any suggestions on what "day hours" would be for the following commodities:

US Bonds, TY, US
Oil: CL
Gold: Large COMEX account
Silver: Si
Soy Beans
Euro
Yen
British Pound

The currencies are for futures not FOREX

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Can't make any suggestions...
You should go to the respective official website; all the trading hours are published.

furytrader

Postby furytrader » 20 Feb 2013

One suggestion would be to display a 15 minute bar chart for each market with 24 hour data (or as close to 24 hour as each market has available) and then plot the transaction volume by bar. Examine the periods where the volume seems to be the highest and that's your answer. For some markets, they still adhere to the old floor hours while other markets (like the Euro and the Aussie) see significant volumes overnight. The results should be pretty clear.

familytrading

Postby familytrading » 20 Feb 2013

Thanks, I will try that. I was doing something similar but I think I was using too small of a time period.

Regards

Return to “MultiCharts”