Manual correction of the MTPR  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Fabrice

Manual correction of the MTPR

Postby Fabrice » 19 Feb 2013

Is it possible to add manually the entry of a trade in the Manual Trade Performance Report (entry and exit are recorded in the Orders tab) ?

Yesterday I have opened a trade from the DOM (9:51 am). Then I saw the open position was not displayed on the chart. After having set the new contract in the Symbol Mapping, the open position appeared and I was able to close it from the chart (10:07 am). But the problem is that MTPR has not recorded the open, only the exit. Now the MTPR displays incorrect statistics.

Thanks.
Attachments
Orders.png
(19.33 KiB) Downloaded 795 times

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Manual correction of the MTPR

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 19 Feb 2013

Hello Fabrice,

Unfortunately if you change the traded contract in symbol mapping, there is no way you can get any orders from previous symbol mapping into your chart trading report at the moment. You are welcome to leave us such feature request.

Fabrice

Postby Fabrice » 20 Feb 2013

Hello Andrew,

The problem is not about a change in the mapping, because only one contract is involved here : FCEH3.
During this trade :
- open was done from the DOM (directly on FCEH3)
- exit was done from the chart (with Symbol Mapping set on FCEH3).
As they both aim to the same symbol, it can be expected that the MTPR should have recorded the open , as it is recorded in the Orders tab (in the picture attached, one can see that only FCEH3 is used).

Regards.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 26 Feb 2013

Hello Fabrice,

On your screenshot i can see that you were placing order using Futures CAC40 symbol, which is a custom futures i assume, and FCEH3 symbol that is the current contract. If i am correct, then the source symbols which were used to place orders are different symbols (from technical point of view). Are you able to see the entry order filled on both charts of the symbol?

Fabrice

Postby Fabrice » 26 Feb 2013

The entry is displayed on the FCEH3 chart, and missing in the Custom Futures chart. Exit is displayed on both. See pictures for the 1st trade on Feb 18 morning.
As Custom Fut. points to the same contract (FCEH3), this difference should not occur, from a user point of view. And the MTPR should include the entry.
Regards.
Attachments
Another pb 26fev2013 - 2.png
(49.93 KiB) Downloaded 782 times
Another pb 26fev2013 - 1.png
(37.48 KiB) Downloaded 788 times

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 27 Feb 2013

Fabrice, on the very first screenshot I can see that on 14th of February your mapping was set this way: Futures CAC40 -> FCEG3. On 18th of February at 9:51 you placed an order using FCEH3 (not Futures CAC40) mapped to FCEH3. Only after that (at 10:07) I can see new orders placed from the custom futures to the current contract at broker (Futures CAC40 -> FCEH3. It looks like you entered (at 9:51) before the symbol mapping was reset to March contract, that's why the order is missing on chart and in report.

Fabrice

Postby Fabrice » 28 Feb 2013

Hello Andrew,
I am sorry but the 1 and only 1 fact that is important - as a user - is this : the entry is not in the MTPR, all my statistics become unusable. As all the trade (entry & exit) was managed from MC, that is far from being acceptable. Any technical justifications for this just show where MC needs to be improved.
Regards.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Manual correction of the MTPR  [SOLVED]

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 28 Feb 2013

Fabrice, if everything had been done in the correct sequence, then the trade you are talking about would have been in your report.
I'll check with our developers and see if there is any technical opportunity to improve symbol mapping.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 01 Mar 2013

I left a related feature request that would help in your situation.

Return to “MultiCharts”