Market Scanner Requests  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
greenroomhoo

Market Scanner Requests

Postby greenroomhoo » 25 Feb 2013

I am using it extensively. some things that would really make it easier to use, if possible:

1. drag and drop of securities from one group to another
2. Hitting return jumps from one row to the next....absolutely critical to easy of entering symbols.
3. Might be a stretch: Allow some way to more easily insert blank rows in a group. Right clicking, then inserting instrument takes a while.....
4. Pretty sure not possible but asking anyway: Allow for columns added to be set on different time frames....so i might have a price pattern column that i coded but would like that evaluated on a weekly timeframe rather than the default timeframe of the row.

This goes for just about everything in the platform....an UNDO...i cannot count how many times i strike a key and delete something from a chart or more importantly market scanner....and just wish for a simple "UNDO".

I guess, while i am at it, i might as well ask for wings too...

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Market Scanner Requests

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 25 Feb 2013

Hello Greenroomhoo,

Please leave us such feature request so other customers will be able to vote for it and we will be able to discuss it with the developers.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Feb 2013

I am using it extensively. some things that would really make it easier to use, if possible:

1. drag and drop of securities from one group to another
2. Hitting return jumps from one row to the next....absolutely critical to easy of entering symbols.
3. Might be a stretch: Allow some way to more easily insert blank rows in a group. Right clicking, then inserting instrument takes a while.....
4. Pretty sure not possible but asking anyway: Allow for columns added to be set on different time frames....so i might have a price pattern column that i coded but would like that evaluated on a weekly timeframe rather than the default timeframe of the row.

This goes for just about everything in the platform....an UNDO...i cannot count how many times i strike a key and delete something from a chart or more importantly market scanner....and just wish for a simple "UNDO".

I guess, while i am at it, i might as well ask for wings too...
Hello greenroomhoo,

#3) Confirmed. We will add that feature in one of the future versions.
#1 #4) This functionality is too labor intensive. That is possible that it will be added, but not in the nearest future.
2) Not sure I understand the exact request. Currently once you type in the symbol name and press Enter it jumps to the next row. Is it good or bad?

If you have created a feature request in PM please post the link to it.

greenroomhoo

Postby greenroomhoo » 28 Feb 2013

it would be great if it jumped to the next row...but it doesnt for me....it just stays on the row.

update - i have hundreds of securities loaded....it is not jumping i suspect because of that. i loaded a new market scanner window and it does jump.

One new thought - when i hit the tab in market scanner on security it erases it. (usually tab moves over to the next column). That would be great to fix.

i slacked on starting a feature request but will do it.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Mar 2013

One new thought - when i hit the tab in market scanner on security it erases it. (usually tab moves over to the next column). That would be great to fix.
We will change this behavior in the next version of MultiCharts.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Market Scanner Requests  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Jul 2013

These features have been implemented in MultiCharts 8.7 Release.

greenroomhoo

Postby greenroomhoo » 11 Jul 2013

i saw that. many thanks. i was flattered.

Return to “MultiCharts”