DoNot allow Developers use Special Characters in Indicators

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
escamillo

DoNot allow Developers use Special Characters in Indicators

Postby escamillo » 08 Mar 2013

Please do not allow third party developers to use "Special Characters" in their Indicator (and Strat) names, which forces their code to the top of Indicators list and interferes with my own use of Special Characters to identify my own code and my ability to place my own code at the top of the Indicators list. For example,

*Alchemy FibonacciAutoRetracementsExtensions

and the long list of Joe Jogerst's other indicators forced to the top of the list with * interferes with my own use of *

Arps does it right, just having the Arps name in front of each of their indicators.

Each time I download a new version of MC I delete all of these 3rd party Indicators, which takes say ten minutes per new downland and with *Alchemy... there is a risk in that I may inadvertently delete one of my own * Indicators.

Level the playing field for all 3rd party developers and for the next release please make their indicators start with their own alphabetized name and not a special character. Thank you.
Last edited by escamillo on 08 Mar 2013, edited 1 time in total.

sptrader

Re: DoNot allow Developers to use Special Charters in Indica

Postby sptrader » 08 Mar 2013

Even better than that- make the installation of third party studies - "OPTIONAL" ....

evdl

Re: DoNot allow Developers use Special Characters in Indicat

Postby evdl » 10 Mar 2013

Or make it possible to sort the indicators/signals/functions with user input directories in the tree list.

Just like windows explorer. You can make a directory with your own studies and store these where you want.

Return to “MultiCharts”