Interchanging between 32 bit and 64 bit versions? Okay?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
kajkanjan

Interchanging between 32 bit and 64 bit versions? Okay?

Postby kajkanjan » 27 Mar 2013

Hi All,

Just a really quick question:

If I have MultiCharts installed on my laptop in the 64bit version and MultiCharts installed on my work PC in the 32bit version. Will there be issues switching between the two? e.g. Sharing studies/code, templates, workspaces etc.

any compatibility issues? i.e. should I stick to 32 bit on both PCs if i am moving between them?

Thank you
K

sptrader

Re: Interchanging between 32 bit and 64 bit versions? Okay?

Postby sptrader » 27 Mar 2013

I have BOTH the 32bit and 64 bit versions of MC, on each of my two machines (I have 2 licenses)...I have some older code that still has 32bit dll's and needs the 32bit version of MC.. I switch between them (one at a time) with no problems...
I understand that you can have more than one instance of MC running on a given machine, so you may be able to run both at the same time on one machine..

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Interchanging between 32 bit and 64 bit versions? Okay?  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Mar 2013

MultiCharts 32 bit and MultiCharts 64 bit are two separate applications, each using it's own isolated application/database/study folders.
Both applications can be installed on the same PC. There should be no conflict. You can use your license in both programs, but not at the same time.
Additional info: How to use your license on two computers at the same time

Regarding studies:

32bit sef (exported from MC 32 bit) is compatible with 32 bit MC only, 64bit sef is compatible with 64 bit MC only.

Non protected studies (ie PLA) are compatible with both versions.

Importing and Exporting Studies
If a dll used by a study is 32bit then it will work with MC 32bit only. 64bit dll is compatible only with MC 64bit.

Workspaces are compatible with both MultiCharts versions.

With databases there are two ways to transfer them. Please refer to our wiki for details: How to Backup/Restore User Data

Return to “MultiCharts”